Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

American Gods. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1898069/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

For something a bit weird, really enjoying it, based on a book apparently by Neil Gaiman. I'd recommend to anyone that likes something not normal and different to give it a try. Based in this time lime its all about the Old Gods vers the New Gods.. ie Thor etc being one of the old gods versus the new gods like Media and what everyone worships (a loose word) now days. 

Its not for everyone but for me it ticks all boxes, Ricky Whittle as Shadow Moon is :wub: and for you guys Emily Browning. 

8/10 

18 hours ago, Soup said:

Currently watching The OA.  I've done 3 episode's and not sure if it's worth the effort to carry on. A few times I've thought this is ok but most of the time I'm thinking 'man this is shit '

Binned 

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Not really a TV show per se but I've been watching some old Ali G and Borat interviews. Sacha Baron Cohen is genius at what he does and must have balls the size of grapefruits to dare to piss people off that much and stay in character

Funny, I've been doing the same lol

On 29/04/2019 at 22:41, foxfanazer said:

Not really a TV show per se but I've been watching some old Ali G and Borat interviews. Sacha Baron Cohen is genius at what he does and must have balls the size of grapefruits to dare to piss people off that much and stay in character

Borat's UK tour is incredible 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/04/2019 at 09:08, RonnieTodger said:

Enjoying Deutschland 83

Great series. I've just finished Deutschland 86, which was a bit of a slow burner as a lot of the characters from the original were in places I didn't really expect them to be. Found it just as thrilling in the end though and can't wait for the final '89 installment in the trilogy now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Great series. I've just finished Deutschland 86, which was a bit of a slow burner as a lot of the characters from the original were in places I didn't really expect them to be. Found it just as thrilling in the end though and can't wait for the final '89 installment in the trilogy now.

I'm half through '86 and agree it's not as fast as the first series. Had no idea there's a Deutschland 89 though, great stuff!

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I'm half through '86 and agree it's not as fast as the first series. Had no idea there's a Deutschland 89 though, great stuff!

Yeah, all been confirmed. Assuming it'll centre around the fall of the Berlin Wall etc.

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Very disappointed with line of duty! We still dont know who H is!!

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Also that woman detective Carmichael has to be the worst actress I’ve ever watched! 

Thought it and she were phenomenal personally.

I enjoyed LoD last night.

When the series has been commissioned for a 6th (possibly a 7th) series, I can't understand why people are annoyed at not knowing the identity of H.  We are being told there's four bent coppers at the top of the OCG and that 3 of these are dead.  So this is where it takes us into series 6.  Add into the mix the young lad who has made it into the police force - the lad who ran the burner phones in series 1 and who took out Corbett this season, and it sets it up nicely once again.  The writing is excellent you cannot deny that.  

The 90 minutes flew by again last night and that interview scene was the best one they've done imo.  Acting was excellent all round.  The episode finale itself may not have had the shock value of series 1 or the all out action of series 3, but it was still excellent.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed Line Of Duty last night.

Yes there are loads of plot holes and the whole H thing turned out to be a MacGuffin but who cares, it does what it does well and I'll look forward to the next series.

19 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Also that woman detective Carmichael has to be the worst actress I’ve ever watched! 

I thought she was poor but I thought Gill actress was even worse.

9 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I enjoyed LoD last night.

When the series has been commissioned for a 6th (possibly a 7th) series, I can't understand why people are annoyed at not knowing the identity of H.  We are being told there's four bent coppers at the top of the OCG and that 3 of these are dead.  So this is where it takes us into series 6.  Add into the mix the young lad who has made it into the police force - the lad who ran the burner phones in series 1 and who took out Corbett this season, and it sets it up nicely once again.  The writing is excellent you cannot deny that.  

The 90 minutes flew by again last night and that interview scene was the best one they've done imo.  Acting was excellent all round.  The episode finale itself may not have had the shock value of series 1 or the all out action of series 3, but it was still excellent.

I've watched all 5 seasons. I've enjoyed them all. I thought the first 5 episodes of this season extremely good but I can't agree about the final episode - it was slow and boring. The first 30 + minutes of questioning didn't add anything at all to the storyline- we knew all that and the questioning was poor and biased - I don't think that maintained the standard we have gotten used to. 

I think that Steve Arnott is a great character and the acting for him is superb - did you know he actually was a "professional" footballer for Greenock and Morton in an earlier life? Stephen Graham was great - and probably one reason that the last episode wasn't as good. Dunbar, as much as I dislike his character again acted wonderfully but I don't care much for the acting or the character of Kate Fleming.

Thinking about it now, the actors brought in for this season maybe the worst we've had. Ingleby, Newton, Morrisey, Watkins, Bonnar.... some really good acting over the years.  Anna Martin should stick to period dramas. 

Don't tend to watch a lot of true crime documentaries but have been working my way through The Case Against Adnan Sayed. Its interesting. Its well made as a documentary but its not particularly impartial, unless they're going to swing it around in the last episode they definitely don't seem to consider that he's guilty at all. 

So I'm trying to watch it as cautiously as possible but that said, some of the shit is unbelievable. It's almost funny in places, watching it as a fan of The Wire because the numbers-obsessed arrest / closure culture from a drowning, swamped homicide unit was a key part of that and here you are seeing a real example of such a case absolutely blatantly fudged by the police. 

I mean, even if Sayed actually did do it, there's so much doubt thrown in by the sloppiest investigation going that the poor family of the victim can probably never actually be certain of justice. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Don't tend to watch a lot of true crime documentaries but have been working my way through The Case Against Adnan Sayed. Its interesting. Its well made as a documentary but its not particularly impartial, unless they're going to swing it around in the last episode they definitely don't seem to consider that he's guilty at all. 

So I'm trying to watch it as cautiously as possible but that said, some of the shit is unbelievable. It's almost funny in places, watching it as a fan of The Wire because the numbers-obsessed arrest / closure culture from a drowning, swamped homicide unit was a key part of that and here you are seeing a real example of such a case absolutely blatantly fudged by the police. 

I mean, even if Sayed actually did do it, there's so much doubt thrown in by the sloppiest investigation going that the poor family of the victim can probably never actually be certain of justice. 

I have followed this case quite closely after listening to Serial a few years back.

Im very confident that Adnan is guilty. Police did not do a great job, and neither did his first defence lawyer (Christina Guiterez) admittedly, but the facts are still there that resulted in his conviction.

Adnan has not helped himself at all throughout the case. He has never been able to produce a true alibi, his Father lied about his whereabouts, Jay was obviously associated with the murder and has blamed Adnan. Bearing in mind Jay had no motive or connection to the victim - Only via Adnan.

The notes saying 'I will Kill'.. Cant remember who had his new cell phone only a day or 2 after he bought it (Mobile phones were the new big thing at the time). Hai's Friends confirming Adnan was asking for a ride...

It is all there.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

I have followed this case quite closely after listening to Serial a few years back.

Im very confident that Adnan is guilty. Police did not do a great job, and neither did his first defence lawyer (Christina Guiterez) admittedly, but the facts are still there that resulted in his conviction.

Adnan has not helped himself at all throughout the case. He has never been able to produce a true alibi, his Father lied about his whereabouts, Jay was obviously associated with the murder and has blamed Adnan. Bearing in mind Jay had no motive or connection to the victim - Only via Adnan.

The notes saying 'I will Kill'.. Cant remember who had his new cell phone only a day or 2 after he bought it (Mobile phones were the new big thing at the time). Hai's Friends confirming Adnan was asking for a ride...

It is all there.

I'm absolutely by no means sold on Adnan's innocence and I've not listened to Serial, I'd never heard if or the case til I watched this. Adnan says himself in interviews that he can't remember what he was doing when she died and, high or not, I just don't find that plausible. It's by far the most uncomfortable fact for me. Even if the answer was that he was getting stoned, you'd think confessing to that was preferable. 

But I don't see how Jay is even vaguely a credible witness, he has clear incentive to lie to protect himself, he's wide open to manipulation from the police to say exactly what ever they want him to as is his friend Jen. They're both busted massively on drug charges as known suppliers and its more than plausible, it's likely that they're leaned on to make the story fit. 

I don't think the police did this to frame Adnan maliciously, I just think an under funded, over worked homicide department investigating like 200-300 cases a year just saw this as a quick win, believed Adnan was guilty and made sure the testimony fit, cutting corners en route. 

The radio towers evidence shouldn't have been admissible, Hae's car looks clearly tampered with after it was allegedly dropped off by Jay and Adnan, they didn't process any of the dna evidence, they barely pursued Don or even Jay (who's later charged with assaulting a girlfriend by attempted strangulation!!) as potential suspects with any real conviction. The fact they don't go near Don, who disappears and becomes "disabled" a year later and never worked again is bizarre and his alibi was his mom which is what ended their line of enquiry just like that. 

On the subject of alibis, it's come out since Serial that Adnan had one - Asia McClain which was quashed by Adnan's attorney in the first instance (Guttierez) through incompetence and then blocked by the prosecutor at his retrial with an act of literal obstruction?! 

She's since produced an updated affidavit confirming her original was not produced under any pressure. 

The documentary is clearly biased and its clearly designed to cast doubt, none of this stuff actually exonerates Adnan but it does all cast mountains upon mountains of reasonable doubt. 

I also find it interesting, though absolutely not evidence in the slightest, that all of her close friends still talk very positively of Adnan and very suspicious of Don. The whole thing is just odd. 

I want to know more from a much more impartial view or even one biased against Adnan for balance. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm absolutely by no means sold on Adnan's innocence and I've not listened to Serial, I'd never heard if or the case til I watched this. Adnan says himself in interviews that he can't remember what he was doing when she died and, high or not, I just don't find that plausible. It's by far the most uncomfortable fact for me. Even if the answer was that he was getting stoned, you'd think confessing to that was preferable. 

But I don't see how Jay is even vaguely a credible witness, he has clear incentive to lie to protect himself, he's wide open to manipulation from the police to say exactly what ever they want him to as is his friend Jen. They're both busted massively on drug charges as known suppliers and its more than plausible, it's likely that they're leaned on to make the story fit. 

I don't think the police did this to frame Adnan maliciously, I just think an under funded, over worked homicide department investigating like 200-300 cases a year just saw this as a quick win, believed Adnan was guilty and made sure the testimony fit, cutting corners en route. 

The radio towers evidence shouldn't have been admissible, Hae's car looks clearly tampered with after it was allegedly dropped off by Jay and Adnan, they didn't process any of the dna evidence, they barely pursued Don or even Jay (who's later charged with assaulting a girlfriend by attempted strangulation!!) as potential suspects with any real conviction. The fact they don't go near Don, who disappears and becomes "disabled" a year later and never worked again is bizarre and his alibi was his mom which is what ended their line of enquiry just like that. 

On the subject of alibis, it's come out since Serial that Adnan had one - Asia McClain which was quashed by the Adnan's attorney in the first instance (Guttierez) and then blocked by the prosecutor at his retrial with an act of literal obstruction?! 

She's since produced an updated affidavit confirming her original was not produced any pressure. 

The documentary is clearly biased and its clearly designed to cast doubt, none of this stuff actually exonerates Adnan but it does all cast mountains upon mountains of reasonable doubt. 

I also find it interesting, though absolutely not evidence in the slightest, that all of her close friends still talk very positively of Adnan and very suspicious of Don. The whole thing is just odd. 

I want to know more from a much more impartial view or even one biased against Adnan for balance. 

I think that this is what makes the case so interesting. I highly recommend that you listen to Serial, whilst again it is still quite bias towards innocence, the way the story is told is very interesting and you will question/change your mind every 10 mins.

I understand Don has a cement alibi though. It's evident that Jay was coerced by the Police, but I do also believe there is some truth behind his testimony and I strongly believe Adnan knows a lot more than what he gives off.

What is strange is Adnan's lack of hate towards Jay. He called him pathetic whilst in court, but I mean, if someone was lying this much and framing you, why does he come across so relaxed about him? To me, it's like he knows he cant say anything to prove Jay otherwise/confront him as then he could give off his guilt. So he just plays the 'I dont know, I cant remember card'.

Adnan did not try and page or call Hai after she went missing (Same does go for Don on that matter). His School teachers were suspicious of him.

But as you say, there are grounds for reasonable doubt and at the end of the day an innocent teenage lost their life prematurely and the Parents continue to grieve. I do hope one day, it truely comes to light and justice is served (If it isnt already).

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

On the subject of alibis, it's come out since Serial that Adnan had one - Asia McClain which was quashed by Adnan's attorney in the first instance (Guttierez) through incompetence and then blocked by the prosecutor at his retrial with an act of literal obstruction?! 

She's since produced an updated affidavit confirming her original was not produced under any pressure. 

Definitely give Serial a listen, it does slightly have a biased view towards Adnan because the person doing it had been talking to him for years, but she does quite well in showing both sides of the story. What I got from it is, that I personally think he's guilty but I don't think the evidence presented is enough to have convicted him. 

• Thanks 1