Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

10 hours ago, SecretPro said:

If you didn't make it to the end, or the last 5 minutes, then you've missed the whole point. I can see flaws in it, but I can also see that it is EXACTLY as things could go in the next 10 years. 

Yeah the last five minutes of ep1 were kinda key to the whole thing :D

Not sure ep2 was quite as good but still an interesting watch. And slightly scary that my kids are going to grow up in such a fvcked up world :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Anyone watched person of interest? Looking for a new series to get my teeth into. Is it your bog standard US episodic, or something a bit more than that?

More or less - though he has some of the "monk series" about him. It really is more of a nothing on so I'll watch an episode than "must watch" tv.

In the Castle, mentalist, blacklist vein of tv.

3 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Anyone watched person of interest? Looking for a new series to get my teeth into. Is it your bog standard US episodic, or something a bit more than that?

Its ok, i have watched most of them but it wasnt something i was waiting for till the next episode came out, & yeah it is the bog standard US type of show. 

3 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Gavin - Remain

Stacey - Leave

Smithy - Leave

Nessa - Has no formal ID so isn’t allowed to vote

Mick - Remain

Pam - Remain

Gwen - Put a big cross against Leave so we definitely didn’t leave

Bryn - Confused about the whole thing

Pete - Leave

Dawn - Leave

Dorris - Deceased. Nessa used her ID to vote. (Leave)

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Gavin - Remain

Stacey - Leave

Smithy - Leave

Nessa - Has no formal ID so isn’t allowed to vote

Mick - Remain

Pam - Remain

Gwen - Put a big cross against Leave so we definitely didn’t leave

Bryn - Confused about the whole thing

Pete - Leave

Dawn - Leave

Dorris - Deceased. Nessa used her ID to vote. (Leave)

Dave Coaches screams WTO brexit

48 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Wow, episode 4 of Chernobyl was pretty harrowing. Tough to watch. 

It's been absolutely incredible so far. I didn't realise how bad it actually was and how close they were to wiping out the majority of Europe 

8 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Where can I watch this 

It’s on HBO Nordic over here. Dunno if there’s a U.K. equivalent. Also, I see your profile pic is a dog (nice btw) so you might want to miss parts of episode 4. 

• Like 1

I'm struggling with Chernobyl.  It is absolutely harrowing.  It's must see tv but it's ruining me watching it.  So utterly depressing.

I've got the 4th episode to watch, but I'm not sure I'm emotionally stable enough to face it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pSinatra said:

I'm struggling with Chernobyl.  It is absolutely harrowing.  It's must see tv but it's ruining me watching it.  So utterly depressing.

I've got the 4th episode to watch, but I'm not sure I'm emotionally stable enough to face it.

I suspect the reality was actually far worse than is depicted. This is a westernised account based on available facts and evidence - I'm guessing that a lot of those that sacrificed their lives to clean up the mess didn't do so in a manner that was quite as voluntary as is suggested by the series.

I'll be watching Chernobyl as soon as I've finished The Haunting of Hill House.  Just the final episode to go - it has been absolutely brilliant so far, loved it.  Each episode I watch at night on the tablet with earphones in darkness - lots of jump scares, really great stuff.

I see Netflix are putting their prices up - only £1 a month.  It's an excellent service imo - there's just so much I don't have time to watch what I want.

As for Chernobyl, I'll Showbox that one.  :thumbup: