Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

4 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

I loved this game, the sinister atmosphere, the haunting, post-apocalyptic feel about it. The excellent cut-scenes. I did think it would make a good film, sometime.

I hope the transition to TV doesn't disappoint.

• Like 1

Alma's Not Normal.

If you haven't watched it, please do give it a go. BBC iPlayer.

Alma's mum, played by Shiobhan Finneran brilliant but I can't find clips. 

Edited by Parafox

Channel surfing I stumbled upon, Our Flag Means Death. BBC2

I've been catching up with it on iPlayer.

Really enjoyable comedy which, given its premise - rich man in the 1700s becomes bored and decides he wants to become a gentleman pirate - is actually based on a true story.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

I'm sure it's been mentioned in here somewhere, but the 12 Days of Christine (Inside Number 9) might be the best 30 mins of TV I've ever seen. I watched it a few months ago (about 7 years late to it!) and I wept like a baby. I still think about it everyday. It is a masterpiece, and also painfully relatable.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Just finished season one of True Detective and thought that it was pretty epic. I have heard season 2 isn’t great, is that right (anyone who has seen it)?

Yeah it's crap, too many characters and a boring storyline. Good theme song though!

Edited by Tuna

39 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

What about season 3

Better, more like the first series.

Mahershasla Ali is a great screen presence.

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Better, more like the first series.

Mahershasla Ali is a great screen presence.

Just finished series 3.  Agree good performance by Ali but although series OK not a patch on series 1. Not seen 2 as reviews so poor. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Just stop there. It's an anthology, every season is a complete different case and story so you aren't really missing anything if you stop.

Season 1 is one of the best seasons of crime drama ever made, it's fantastic. But season 2 fell so flat on it's face, season 3 is an extremely average season just sort of propped up by Mahershala Ali being extremely watchable and season 4 is a train wreck.

If you haven't seen it, I'd highly recommend you sack it off and watch Fargo instead as I'm sure @Tuna will agree with. It's got a similar vibe, Fargo is Cohen brothers inspired so it's got that slightly quirky sense of off beat humour breaking up some of the bleakness (but then I guess the relationship between Rust and Marty was pretty funny at times) where as True Detective takes itself a bit more seriously.

I think they scratch a similar itch but Fargo is just absolutely superb, incredible casting, good writing, good stories, good characters throughout and in Lorne Malvo, Hanzee Dent and in VM Varga it's got some TV's most iconic villains.

And if you have seen Fargo and didn't need this post, sod it, I hope someone else reads this and watches it.

Thanks I have seen the first few seasons of Fargo and enjoyed it. Not seen the latest so will watch that now. 

• Like 2