Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

23 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Been out for a while, that has. I enjoyed it very much. Can’t wait for him to do the dark tower (if it ever actually comes to pass).

Ah awkward!   Would you also recommend Midnight Mass if you have also seen that?

Dark Tower?   Is that not a fantasy or Sci fi book?

14 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Ah awkward!   Would you also recommend Midnight Mass if you have also seen that?

Midnight mass is one of the favourite things I’ve watched, I thought it was absolutely excellent and by far the best thing Flanagan has done.

dark tower is sci fi but it has a lot of horror elements, it’s quite genre bending and could easily be made to be horror (large segments of it are outright terrifying).

• Like 2

Guest leatherhead32
On 21/03/2024 at 17:50, Babylon said:

Not sure anyone watches soaps for believability to be honest.

except for eastenders which is based on true stories  , every1s got own business and are hard as nails, aint channel hopped to it for ages to see if any1s cheered up yet or got a washing machine of their own. ps bekos are cheap and easy to use with many different function sett...............................etc etc  so get darrrn the smoke my san and get wan for a mankey bla bla bla

On 02/04/2024 at 07:27, The Blur said:

Micky Flanagan's latest work-  apparently an amalgamation of couple of Poe's stories.   Looks good!  

I'm a big Mike Flanagan fan and this was up there with his best work for me. Only problem being that some of the more interesting characters are only in the first few episodes while the less interesting ones are in more.

5 hours ago, The Blur said:

Midnight mass is excellent; agree with it being the best thing he's done. Samantha Sloyan is unbelievably good in it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Parafox said:

This Town. BBC1/iPlayer.

Decent storyline with a decent Ska soundtrack.

Tried the first episode but struggled to get into it.

Would you suggest sticking with it?

• Like 1

Just now, Izzy said:

Tried the first episode but struggled to get into it.

Would you suggest sticking with it?

Everyone will have their own opinions but yes, personally.

The first episode was a bit dry I agree, but it does grow as the characters develop.

There was a few unexpected twists in episode 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28/03/2024 at 09:40, leicsmac said:

Shogun continues to impress. Superb stuff.

Latest couple of episodes have been nail biting. Such a good show and rightly deserves the high ratings its receiving. 

Book was great also, was many years ago though that i read it, but will certainly re-read.  

• Like 1

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Latest couple of episodes have been nail biting. Such a good show and rightly deserves the high ratings its receiving. 

Book was great also, was many years ago though that i read it, but will certainly re-read.  

It's been a while since I read it too, but now rereading it myself.

As you say, magnificent.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Raj said:

Anyone watched Better on bbc yet?

Might be our next one.

Ay up Raj. Always look out for your recommendations as have very similar taste in tv program’s. Yeah it’s good pal 👍🏼

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Deano79 said:

Ay up Raj. Always look out for your recommendations as have very similar taste in tv program’s. Yeah it’s good pal 👍🏼

Cheers pal.

I cant see anything being as good as Kin at the moment. THAT really was class.

Will give Better a go👍🏾

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Shogun has indeed been great. 

The actor who plays Mariko has been superb. 

Anna Sawai, she was in Monarch Legacy of Monsters which came out a few months ago and was pretty good in that as well

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Raj said:

Cheers pal.

I cant see anything being as good as Kin at the moment. THAT really was class.

Will give Better a go👍🏾

Yeah that was amazing. Hopefully a 3rd series. 🙏

• Like 1

I used to enjoy watching The Repair Shop (BBC 1). Seeing the marvellous skills and techniques employed to fix items and then the delight when the owners come to collect them, is great.

However, for sometime now, they seem to be spending more time chatting to the owner about the items origin and less on the repair. Also, there are increasingly tragic stories behind their history.

I'm finding it depressing.

The production company I'm sure, are actively looking to have items with such distressing pasts so tears can start to flow. They probably see it as a ratings winner.

Perhaps I'm becoming cold/hard hearted but I find I'm tut tutting, saying here we go again and switching it off.

• Like 1

Watched Passenger ..  kept going to see what was going on ..  wtf !! ..  I know they like to keep things open to have another series but this just finished  ..  full stop ..  and I still don’t know what’s going on !!  Load of bolox ! ..  and the second series hasn’t even started yet ..  not sure if it’s even been written !!  

Also watched a rerun of Normal People ..  superb !   Just as good as the first time we saw it ..  

13 hours ago, The Bear said:

Shogun has indeed been great. 

The actor who plays Mariko has been superb. 

I do wonder, if they seem so great at acting because it's another language and we have absolutely no idea what they are saying or how they are saying it. They could be as wooden as fook for all I know lol