Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Probably so.

Lots of relationships between staff and personal issues .

Thanks thought so. Surprised this can still command a prime slot on Saturday evenings but I guess there are enough soap addicts watching 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Super_horns said:

End of a long era on Casualty .

Charlie has finally left the show.

51 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Haven't watched for about 25 years. From what I understand it is more of a soap. Is that fair?

As someone who has worked in real life medical emergency situations, Casualty is unbearably bad at accuracy/believability. 

• Like 3

Finished watching Truelove on All4 yesterday. I really enjoyed it - kind of caper around assisted suicide (seriously) with lots of plot twists that were well integrated and believable. Good cast as well, mostly of “Whatever happened to him/her” faces from the 80s and 90s.

Just finished watching The Gentleman. Brilliant show from start to finish. Like others have said, Theo James is a shout for James Bond.

it's a similar premise to the film but completely unrelated, so you don't need to watch the film beforehand.

1 hour ago, glenny_fox said:

Just finished watching The Gentleman. Brilliant show from start to finish. Like others have said, Theo James is a shout for James Bond.

it's a similar premise to the film but completely unrelated, so you don't need to watch the film beforehand.

You mean after Aaron Taylor-Johnson (without a 'T' ;) )

'The Dropout' on i-player about the downfall of tech company Theranos and it's founder Elizabeth Holmes is half decent.

Guest appearance by Stephen Fry which is always a bonus.

On 17/03/2024 at 18:25, Parafox said:

As someone who has worked in real life medical emergency situations, Casualty is unbearably bad at accuracy/believability. 

Not sure anyone watches soaps for believability to be honest.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not sure anyone watches soaps for believability to be honest.

I think you'd be surprised. 

From Quora:

"Some people may believe that TV soaps are factual for a few reasons. First, the storytelling in soaps often involves dramatic and emotionally charged situations, which can make it feel real to some viewers. Additionally, the actors in soaps often portray their characters in a very convincing manner, blurring the lines between fiction and reality for some audience members. Some viewers may also have difficulty distinguishing between fiction and reality, leading them to believe that the events depicted in soaps are actually happening. It's important for individuals to understand the difference between scripted entertainment and real-life events".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

From Quora:

"Some people may believe that TV soaps are factual for a few reasons. First, the storytelling in soaps often involves dramatic and emotionally charged situations, which can make it feel real to some viewers. Additionally, the actors in soaps often portray their characters in a very convincing manner, blurring the lines between fiction and reality for some audience members. Some viewers may also have difficulty distinguishing between fiction and reality, leading them to believe that the events depicted in soaps are actually happening. It's important for individuals to understand the difference between scripted entertainment and real-life events".

Actors have even been insulted by soppy sods who can't recognise the difference 

5 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Really enjoying 3 Body Problem on Netflix.  Recommend to anyone with a taste for sci-fi.

Not started it yet but If it’s true to the books it’ll be the best show this year :fc:

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

From Quora:

What sort of idiot would actually think murders, serial killings, plane crashes etc would continually happen one place.

• Like 1

"The Bear"

I know this one was talked about here awhile ago. I just finished the two seasons and absolutely loved it.

The whole cast was just excellent and the choice of songs throughout just brought it to an even higher level.

Bring on season three.

• Like 1

On 21/03/2024 at 20:07, EnderbyFox said:

Not started it yet but If it’s true to the books it’ll be the best show this year :fc:

On 21/03/2024 at 15:06, Zear0 said:

Really enjoying 3 Body Problem on Netflix.  Recommend to anyone with a taste for sci-fi.

One episode to go as I binged it over Easter , not binged a show for a while but it was very addictive. 
Would like to read the books now I’m hooked on the story to see where it goes. 
Same team behind Game of Thrones and I think they are pretty good at adapting books although I bet there’s alot of story on the cutting room floor.