Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Peltier to.............

Don't think he will buy anyone. The young Man U lad to replace him with Liam Moore as a replacement if needed.

Moore is well thought of an you wouldn't buy the Man U lad for no reason.

Unless of course he plans to use the Man U lad at centre half.

Don't think he will buy anyone. The young Man U lad to replace him with Liam Moore as a replacement if needed.

Moore is well thought of an you wouldn't buy the Man U lad for no reason.

Unless of course he plans to use the Man U lad at centre half.

Surely it would be easier to call him De Laet than 'the Man U lad' repeatedly?

Surely it would be easier to call him De Laet than 'the Man U lad' repeatedly?

I don't know - sounds like he's recently departed.

Leicester are a joke pelts has got better since arriving and we sell him for less! The clubs a joke and Leeds are laughing there tits off at us oh as are every other team in our league! Its embarrassing !

In what way has he got better? He started quite brightly, but towards the middle of the season a number of pretty big flaws in his game were coming to light. Consistently out of position, beaten at the back post over and over from corners/crosses and seriously lacking on the attack.

If Pearson wants to replace any player with better than so be it.

I've got to agree with people here though about Peltier. How is a player we signed from League One a year ago for £750k now only worth £300k after a year of not looking out of place in the Championship? He faded towards the end but people were raving about him at the start of the season.

Either he hasn't settled here, which would surprise me, or he is on daft wages. Why else would we be desperate enough to accept £300k?

I loved Sven but the longer times goes on, the more his reign looks like the Martin Allen reign but on a grander scale.

At least we didn't get relegated!

In what way has he got better? He started quite brightly, but towards the middle of the season a number of pretty big flaws in his game were coming to light. Consistently out of position, beaten at the back post over and over from corners/crosses and seriously lacking on the attack.

THIS

Selling at that level of loss is not ideal but lets not pretend he was worth the money we paid in the first place. Even when he was performing well at the start of the season, he was hardly in the league of Kyle Naughton and he finished the season further away from that standard.

He's also a player that isnt as young as you may think. In fairness, 25 isnt old, but its also not young enough for the 'potential' tag to be banded about.

This is another in a long line of deals where we've overpaid for a player. From what i've seen, £300k is probably about right. The fact we paid more doesnt matter if we now want to get rid which it seems increasingly likely we do.

Leicester are a joke pelts has got better since arriving and we sell him for less! The clubs a joke and Leeds are laughing there tits off at us oh as are every other team in our league! Its embarrassing !

lol How has he got better? He started the season well but since then he has been very average.

I don't really see why every team in the league will be laughing at us for selling a bang average right back.

If Pearson wants to replace any player with better than so be it.

I've got to agree with people here though about Peltier. How is a player we signed from League One a year ago for £750k now only worth £300k after a year of not looking out of place in the Championship? He faded towards the end but people were raving about him at the start of the season.

Either he hasn't settled here, which would surprise me, or he is on daft wages. Why else would we be desperate enough to accept £300k?

I loved Sven but the longer times goes on, the more his reign looks like the Martin Allen reign but on a grander scale.

At least we didn't get relegated!

because he is likely to be on a long contract with fairly high wages. Any potential buying clubs would be put off by his wage and contract terms alone, so have to reduce the price.

because he is likely to be on a long contract with fairly high wages. Any potential buying clubs would be put off by his wage and contract terms alone, so have to reduce the price.

We signed him from Huddersfield, why do you think he'll be on a big wage?

LEEDS United could finalise a deal to sign Leicester City defender Lee Peltier in the next two weeks, it was reported today.

Elland Road manager Neil Warnock has made the signing of a new right-back a priority after failing to secure Joel Ward, who instead joined rivals Crystal Palace for £400,000.

Peltier joined Leicester for £750,000 from Huddersfield Town last summer and Huddersfield are also said to be keen to re-sign him, possibly for a fee reduced to as little as £300,000.

Peltier made 47 appearances in total for Leicester last season, but his place is under threat with manager Nigel Pearson keen on bringing in Liam Rosenior from his former club, Hull City.

Archived