Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Peltier to.............

Is it such a surprise that we paid over the odds for these players?

500K for Peltier shouldn't stun anyone. For a guy who looked predominantly out of his depth at this level and came in on, I suspect, a substantial wage, we should thank our lucky stars that we can recoup anything for him.

The same goes for Mills and Bamba, regardless of what we paid for them, or how much stock we place in them.

And a loss of 250K, considering the 70-80m debts we've accrued over the past decade, should be the least of our worries. Especially when the player concerned came from League One and has failed comprehensively to adapt to the Championship.

We're going to have to swallow hard if we want to see ANY money back for the bulk of the Sven-era signings. That's the cold reality. We can't expect £3m for Mills, £750K for Peltier or £3m for Beckford. Why? Because, quite straightforwardly, they failed.

On top of that, we seem to be overlooking one key factor: That 'team mentality' which, according to Wellens some months back, was going to need some major surgery. In other words, Pearson will need to ship certain players out if he wants to improve morale. There will be players who need to go, regardless of their performances, simply because of their impact on the dressing room.

It may well be the case that Peltier comes into the category of player which, in the boss's eyes, doesn't have the 'right mentality'. And, if you need further proof, cast your minds back to the departures of Corica / Joachim / Blake / Roberts which paved the way for the O'Neill era, or even the exits of Ramsey / Mauchlen / Kelly / Reid / Kitson which led to success under Little.

And, as a footnote, all of the above were popular among City fans. Did any of them go on to become established top flight players?

500K for Peltier shouldn't stun anyone. For a guy who looked predominantly out of his depth at this level and came in on, I suspect, a substantial wage, we should thank our lucky stars that we can recoup anything for him.

The same goes for Mills and Bamba, regardless of what we paid for them, or how much stock we place in them.

And a loss of 250K, considering the 70-80m debts we've accrued over the past decade, should be the least of our worries. Especially when the player concerned came from League One and has failed comprehensively to adapt to the Championship.

We're going to have to swallow hard if we want to see ANY money back for the bulk of the Sven-era signings. That's the cold reality. We can't expect £3m for Mills, £750K for Peltier or £3m for Beckford. Why? Because, quite straightforwardly, they failed.

On top of that, we seem to be overlooking one key factor: That 'team mentality' which, according to Wellens some months back, was going to need some major surgery. In other words, Pearson will need to ship certain players out if he wants to improve morale. There will be players who need to go, regardless of their performances, simply because of their impact on the dressing room.

It may well be the case that Peltier comes into the category of player which, in the boss's eyes, doesn't have the 'right mentality'. And, if you need further proof, cast your minds back to the departures of Corica / Joachim / Blake / Roberts which paved the way for the O'Neill era, or even the exits of Ramsey / Mauchlen / Kelly / Reid / Kitson which led to success under Little.

And, as a footnote, all of the above were popular among City fans. Did any of them go on to become established top flight players?

One of the most sensible posts I've read on here in a long long time...

He would say that wouldn't he? vested interests ,fact of the matter is some of NP's old guard and some of Sven's signings haven't done the business. Lets hope NP can rectify the situation or we will back to square one again with another manager in the 2012-2013 season and a failed promotion bid.

Peltier is nothing more than average. He's lazy and is constantly out of position. And before anyone says that he's a young prospect, he's 25, 26 next season and has showed no sign of improvement over the season.

If we can get someone better than him for about the same money (I'd love Whittaker at Rangers considering he's gone on the market for a pittance) then I have no problem replacing him.

"Failed comprehensively" is extremely harsh. Granted, he's been nothing special but he's being underestimated by many on this forum.

He would say that wouldn't he? vested interests ,fact of the matter is some of NP's old guard and some of Sven's signings haven't done the business. Lets hope NP can rectify the situation or we will back to square one again with another manager in the 2012-2013 season and a failed promotion bid.

Not sure where you get that from. Berner, Howard, Oakley, Weale and Tunchev have all left since Pearson returned - there are as many 'Old Guard' players to have left as there are Sven-era signings.

Plus, if speculation is to be believed, Gallagher could also be on his way.

Moreover, why would Wellens - as team captain - 'have said that', as you put it? Surely a team captain, above all others, should be giving the impression of unity.

As for 'failed comprehensively' being harsh, well, as one of the weaker performers in a team that finished six points off the play-offs (and, at 25, not a youngster by any stretch) Peltier can only be considered anything other than a failure if we assume that a 9th/10th place finish is acceptable.

The team was assembled as a promotion outfit. They didn't make it. Therefore we have to accept that there are - at very least - some players on board who have comprehensively failed in their undertakings.

Not sure where you get that from. Berner, Howard, Oakley, Weale and Tunchev have all left since Pearson returned - there are as many 'Old Guard' players to have left as there are Sven-era signings.

Plus, if speculation is to be believed, Gallagher could also be on his way.

Moreover, why would Wellens - as team captain - 'have said that', as you put it? Surely a team captain, above all others, should be giving the impression of unity.

As for 'failed comprehensively' being harsh, well, as one of the weaker performers in a team that finished six points off the play-offs (and, at 25, not a youngster by any stretch) Peltier can only be considered anything other than a failure if we assume that a 9th/10th place finish is acceptable.

The team was assembled as a promotion outfit. They didn't make it. Therefore we have to accept that there are - at very least - some players on board who have comprehensively failed in their undertakings.

Of course we do....

Correct IMO.

Though, for me, Peltier was NOT one of the biggest culprits.

Of course we do....

Correct IMO.

Though, for me, Peltier was NOT one of the biggest culprits.

Quite right. Don't get me started on Beckford, Mills, Gallagher, Bamba, Wellens, King et al. It was a team-scale failing.

My point is that Peltier was a part of that. How big a part I'm not sure. But a part nonetheless!

Quite right. Don't get me started on Beckford, Mills, Gallagher, Bamba, Wellens, King et al. It was a team-scale failing.

My point is that Peltier was a part of that. How big a part I'm not sure. But a part nonetheless!

But the same could be said about Schmeichel, Nugent and Konch... Do you want them out the door?

Still yet to read a post by Inckley that I disagree with.

The last post raises a fair point but I think you can make exceptions for those three (although I feel Konch's defending is somewhat over-rated at times).

I agree Naughton would be superb, but let's be realistic, having had a successful season on loan in the Prem, he ain't gonna drop down a league. Can see him leaving Spurs as he's behind Walker in the pecking order and will most likely join at mid table team. My prediction is he'll go to Villa.

Archived