Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Peltier to.............

I'm not particularly bothered whether he goes or not....but selling him so cheaply is a mistake!!

We're not selling him cheaply, we're just selling him for what he's actually worth. We paid 3 times what he was worth last year, just accept that fact and move on.

Those who are saying he got better after a year in the championship must have been watching a different team to me.

500K we payed according to the Yorkshire Evening Post so it wouldn't be a huge loss money wise, If Rosenior is the replacement it would be fantastic this is a RB that is consistently one of the best in the championship, has considerable prem experience 100 appearances and is only 27 years old.

Leicester are a joke pelts has got better since arriving and we sell him for less! The clubs a joke and Leeds are laughing there tits off at us oh as are every other team in our league! Its embarrassing !

You've got that so wrong. He has stalled big time. He is poor going forward, lacks confidence in the attack, and positionally is very poor. Rarely gets back and so many of our conceded goals have come from his position. If we want promotion it wont be achieved with his calibre in the first 11. ...nice chap though.

He has proved he can handle the championship so you'd think his value had increased, although he wasn't great near the end of the season. If Nigel doesn't want him I'm not too fussed, was handy but not brilliant last season.

If this does happen I wonder who we'll go for.. Because I'm pretty sure Hull won't sell rosenior.. So who then?

Well, I think De Laet was bought mainly to play right back. He's also stated that RB is his preferred position - and one where he's got most League experience.

£300k. We really are one of the most inept sides of the lot for getting fees, look at Burnley getting £6mil+ for Rodriguez and we're getting a sixth of that for Peltier AND Bamba.

I'm not gutted either are leaving but we can do better than that. In NP I trust but that's twice he's let us down a bit IMO.

Well, I think De Laet was bought mainly to play right back. He's also stated that RB is his preferred position - and one where he's got most League experience.

To be fair I'd like to see Moore get a bit more game time for City this season.. He's definitely got potential

£300k. We really are one of the most inept sides of the lot for getting fees, look at Burnley getting £6mil+ for Rodriguez and we're getting a sixth of that for Peltier AND Bamba.

I'm not gutted either are leaving but we can do better than that. In NP I trust but that's twice he's let us down a bit IMO.

It won't just be his decision. I guess peltier is prob earning more than he should.

We can only sell them for what people are prepared to pay.

It won't just be his decision. I guess peltier is prob earning more than he should.

I reckon you're spot on there. We would be getting a small transfer fee but maybe we would save over the course of his contract.

People are still looking at individuals.

Look at the team and how the team are set up to defend.

If we sell Peltier and he goes to a team whereby the players in front of him support him defensively he will look a composed defender at this level.

Gally, Wellens, King, Beckford... All too weak, give the ball away too cheaply and encourage the opposition to come on to us.

Make Peltier, SSL, Bamba, Konch the scapegoat if you wish... But you'll miss the main problem if you do. The players in front of them can't retain possession. And can't win the ball back enough.

Gally, Wellens, King, Dyer

All of whom gave perfectly adequate cover the season we were in the playoffs.

Does the midfield need improving, Yes. Have we signed players to try and improve it, yes. Marshall, Drinkwater, James, Vardy.

The defending was shocking last year, could they have had more protection? Of course they could, but they were also at fault. Other than Konchesky and Morgan I didn't feel safe with any of the others in the back line.

The only reason for Peltier looking bad sometimes was because we don't have a right winger so he doesn't get any cover when he goes forward. When he did look good was when Dyer played on the right instead of the left, which left konchesky open and made him look bad. We played Gally on the right wing and because he's not a natural winger he kept drifting into to midfield thereby leaving Peltier exposed. We need a fvcking right winger not a replacement right back because anyone who plays there will look bad even someone like Sergio Ramos.

The only reason for Peltier looking bad sometimes was because we don't have a right winger so he doesn't get any cover when he goes forward. When he did look good was when Dyer played on the right instead of the left, which left konchesky open and made him look bad. We played Gally on the right wing and because he's not a natural winger he kept drifting into to midfield thereby leaving Peltier exposed. We need a fvcking right winger not a replacement right back because anyone who plays there will look bad even someone like Sergio Ramos.

Sergio Ramos is a centre back :whistle:

Nonsense.

Gallagher has nothing to do with Peltier not getting back quickly enough, or standing in the centre back's position instead of his own, or his inability to deal with a cross to the back post.

Nonsense.

Gallagher has nothing to do with Peltier not getting back quickly enough, or standing in the centre back's position instead of his own, or his inability to deal with a cross to the back post.

Course it is. If gallagher was playing as a right winger he would be covering for the right back position when peltier has gone up. Ramos does play right back sometimes.

Course it is. If gallagher was playing as a right winger he would be covering for the right back position when peltier has gone up. Ramos does play right back sometimes.

Ramos is a right back... You can't compare Ramos a world class defender playing for his country to a league 1 defender!

Ramos is a right back... You can't compare Ramos a world class defender playing for his country to a league 1 defender!

I'm not. i'm saying that even with one of the best defenders in the world we would be fvcked on the right side

Mainly a central defender, he can perform equally as a right back. But i'm sure you know that.

Yeah I do know that. I was basically saying use a known RB rather than a CB who can play there. Good Wiki work lol

He started as a right back when he broke into the Madrid side. He now plays CB for them and for Spain

Archived