Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Peltier to.............

Merc

Defender Lee Peltier could be on his way to Leeds United and Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson has turned his attention to Hull right-back Liam Rosenior as his squad rebuilding continues.

Leeds want Peltier and will offer £500,000 for the 25-year-old Scouser, who joined City last summer in a £750,000 move from Huddersfield Town.

Peltier was a virtual ever-present last season under both Sven-Goran Eriksson and then Pearson.

But Pearson wants to bring in his own players for what he sees as a crucially important campaign next season.

Pearson will then move for Rosenior as he continues to build his own City squad for next season's promotion push.

The City boss rates the 27-year-old former England Under-21 international highly and will try to prise him away from the KC Stadium.

However, City know it will take all their powers of persuasion to convince the Tigers' owners to do any business with their former boss.

Rosenior is coming into the last year of his deal and has yet to open talks with Hull over a new contract as they have yet to appoint Nick Barmby's successor.

Moves for Hull winger Cameron Stewart were rebuffed last January and City have also been linked with Tigers pair Robert Koren and James Chester, who Pearson is a big fan of.

Meanwhile, Matt Mills' possible switch to Scottish champions Celtic has stalled.

City have rejected Celtic's offer of a cash-plus-swap deal involving former Nottingham Forest defender Kelvin Wilson.

Instead, City want a straight £3million fee for the defender, who arrived last summer in a deal that was reported to be potentially worth £5m.

But Celtic do not want to pay that much for the 25-year-old and instead have now suggested a year-long loan, and have offered to pay all of Mills' wages, believed to be in the region of between £22,000 and £25,000 a week.

Celtic boss, and former City midfielder, Neil Lennon wants to get the majority of his squad strengthening done early so his new arrivals have time to settle in before they kick off their Champions League campaign in August.

Landing a central defender is a priority for the Hoops, but if a deal cannot be reached with City over Mills, then Celtic may switch their attention elsewhere.

Meanwhile, the Mercury has learned that City are one of five Championship clubs who have expressed an interest in Reading striker Simon Church.

Crystal Palace, Watford, Bolton and Brighton have enquired about the availability of the 23-year-old Wales international.

Church has a year left on his current contract with the Royals but has fallen down the pecking order at the Madejski Stadium, and may find his opportunities limited next season in the Premier League.

Peltier seems to have done nothing wrong?

He had to play most games of the season, and played with injuries at least a few times. Tough physically and a hard tackle. Not great going forward or backward, but not awful either. Young, could get better.

He always seemed to have space on the right but was rarely given the ball.

Would be an odd choice to sell him I reckon.

I thought Peltier was gonna be much better than he actually has been. Then again, I still say that he has had piss all cover in front of him for most of the season.

From what I see of Rosenior he always looks half decent to me.

I like Peltier as a person, but a lot of goals do seem to be conceded down the right/his side (he hasn't had much cover either to be fair). I agree we should get a new right full back (I'd like to see a new left full back as well) but Rosenior? I don't like him, or rate him from what I've seen of him over the years.

think it might be agent talk with Rosenior imo, as we've just signed De Laat :unsure:

On Peltier, it would be a shame to see him go as I think he has potential.

I think at 25 his potential should have been realised by now. He is clearly just not good enough the step up was too much for him, so won't miss him one bit.

Peltier isn't as great as I thought he'd be & he should be coming in to his prime, Moore seemed more solid as he's younger has the potential to put up with the shortcomings & De Laet has obviously joined us now & SSL can cover.

We won't be able to sign anyone from Hull, we've already been knocked back for Stewart & Koren, they won't deal with us.

Pelt's Tweet gives the impression he doesn't know anything about leaving though.

I'd say this originated from Rosenior's agent trying to get him a move anywhere as he's in the last year of his contract.

Peltier isn't as great as I thought he'd be & he should be coming in to his prime, Moore seemed more solid as he's younger has the potential to put up with the shortcomings & De Laet has obviously joined us now & SSL can cover.

We won't be able to sign anyone from Hull, we've already been knocked back for Stewart & Koren, they won't deal with us.

Pelt's Tweet gives the impression he doesn't know anything about leaving though.

I'd say this originated from Rosenior's agent trying to get him a move anywhere as he's in the last year of his contract.

without being in 'the know', like Bert, I think this post makes a lot of sense

They can F O for £500,000, hes definatly worth more than we bought him for now, even if he's not had the greatest season he's done nothing to knock £250,000 off his valuation.

He's done F'all to add to it either.

Pelts is fine and has alot of potential,his problem as stated above was the cover in front ,mainly Gally who was just not prepared to work his way back when he lost the ball.I say NO to this if true and Hull will NOT sell to us so the LS thing is rubbish.

He doesn't wanna go judging by his twitter, and personally I'd have him in my team. Is he better than Rosenior, not really. First season in the championship and has to adapt to it, which he has done now IMO. Would be a shame to see him go, especially to them Yorkshire *****

They can F O for £500,000, hes definatly worth more than we bought him for now, even if he's not had the greatest season he's done nothing to knock £250,000 off his valuation.

IF (as always) NP doesn't rate him, then he won't play. Which means he'll be worth a lot less than 500 by the end of his contract / the season. And we'll have been paying his wages. 500 sounds okay to me, given that we probably won't need to replace (RdL, SSL, LM).

IF (as always) NP doesn't rate him, then he won't play. Which means he'll be worth a lot less than 500 by the end of his contract / the season. And we'll have been paying his wages. 500 sounds okay to me, given that we probably won't need to replace (RdL, SSL, LM).

Pearson does rate him cause he was an 'ever present under both Sven and Pearson'

Archived