Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BMR

Marko Futacs

Good luck to him and anyone who thinks he will score more than 5 goals next season.

Even though he scored 5 goals in 29 games at this level for a relegated side last year lol . Jesus, some of those Pompey fans are as stupid as us.

I still don't get this obsession with goals - a target man's roll is to hold the ball up, bring others into to play, help our defensively at set plays and to chip in with maybe 10 to 12 goals if playing regularly in a season. As I said before, Steve Howard was cheered as some sort of super hero everytime he came on as a sub last year - his goal scoring record was zero for last term, but he did give us something different and that was his role as a target man.

I still don't get this obsession with goals - a target man's roll is to hold the ball up, bring others into to play, help our defensively at set plays and to chip in with maybe 10 to 12 goals if playing regularly in a season. As I said before, Steve Howard was cheered as some sort of super hero everytime he came on as a sub last year - his goal scoring record was zero for last term, but he did give us something different and that was his role as a target man.

Brilliant, me neither - it spoils the game for me, all that cheering and loud music when we occasionally do score, disrupts the nice steady hoofing of the ball up and down the field by the keepers

Brilliant, me neither - it spoils the game for me, all that cheering and loud music when we occasionally do score, disrupts the nice steady hoofing of the ball up and down the field by the keepers

Not every player has to be a scorer as long as they contribute something, Vardy/Nugent/Waggy will provide us the goals and hopefully Futacs is going to give us another option and bring out the best of those three.

The fact that we beat off challenges by palace and Watford for him speaks volumes..............

The fact that you judge players before you've seen them play speaks volumes................

Give up mate, go and bang your head against a brick wall instead. It's easier and probably less painful.

Please. Someone else explain the role of the 'target man'

Someone who eliminates the need for a midfield or any creative football at all, allowing your keeper or defenders to hoof the ball forward every time they get it in the vain hope that the side you are playing against will have a weaker central defender than said target man allowing you a goal a game - saves on having to buy 'expensive' quality midfielders too

There are always exceptions to the rule, Drogba probably being another good example - However, I think Steve Howard scored 20+ the season Derby got promoted, then only 1 in the Prem before signing for us. Generally however, I think most good target men get others involved and if they score a shed load of goals, then that's a bonus.

Someone who eliminates the need for a midfield or any creative football at all, allowing your keeper or defenders to hoof the ball forward every time they get it in the vain hope that the side you are playing against will have a weaker central defender than said target man allowing you a goal a game - saves on having to buy 'expensive' quality midfielders too

Can't believe it but I agree with you.

I'm not particularly thrilled about this but it's happening and I'll see how he does. His record is less than impressive, maybe he can be more prolific with us?

Archived