Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BMR

Marko Futacs

Wouldnt want to confuse Howard with a qualty target man tbf , without knocking his commitment & effort in the past ,

He's had his moments without ever being more than a " journeyman "

I know that hurts , but thats the truth ,

We need more than effort to get out this league

He's under 24 and has been offered new terms by Pompey, so they are due some compo.

Bit silly really!

Good move by Pompey. Knew clubs were watching him.

The Mercury yesterday gave the impression that it was a done deal.

"There are still a few formalities to sort out before he can be officially unveiled as a City player. But he will fly out to Austria tomorrow with the squad for a week-long training camp." - assume this covers the tribunal aspect

"There are still a few formalities to sort out before he can be officially unveiled as a City player. But he will fly out to Austria tomorrow with the squad for a week-long training camp." - assume this covers the tribunal aspect

We had to wait a few years ago with N'Guessan for the same reason.

The surprise at the open training session on Saturday will probably be Futacs. They wont announce it on the OS until after Saturday i don't think.

Just a thought.

Is this a wind up? The headline read this:

New Leicester City kit 'set to surprise the fans'

The kit itself is the surprise. Why is that so hard to understand?

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/New-Leicester-City-kit-set-surprise-fans/story-16543034-detail/story.html

The surprise at the open training session on Saturday will probably be Futacs. They wont announce it on the OS until after Saturday i don't think.

Just a thought.

probably won't be though if he's in Austria, will it. Or will nige skype us...

Yes and international clearance. It wont be on the OS until those things are all sorted. I would guess it will be any day soon though.

Can't believe it but I agree with you.

I'm not particularly thrilled about this but it's happening and I'll see how he does. His record is less than impressive, maybe he can be more prolific with us?

Can't agree with this at all... There's a surprise!

A target man, if used effectively, brings the attacking midfielders into play by shielding the ball and laying it off to the oncoming player at exactly the right time.

Mark Hughes was exceptional at it. As is Rickie Lambert. Adkins played him beautifully all season, exactly to his strengths.

They are also useful in holding up play and keeping possession at times when the team is under pressure... Something that City were appalling at doing last season.

They also don't need to be tall. Hughes was not particularly tall... Just very strong and stocky.

The problem with a big striker is that they encourage players to look up and ping the high ball to them. But a target man doesn't have to be built this way and a team containing one doesn't have to play this way.

Fernando Llorente at Bilbao is another good example, and is currently being courted by Barcelona.

Can't agree with this at all... There's a surprise!

A target man, if used effectively, brings the attacking midfielders into play by shielding the ball and laying it off to the oncoming player at exactly the right time.

Mark Hughes was exceptional at it. As is Rickie Lambert. Adkins played him beautifully all season, exactly to his strengths.

They are also useful in holding up play and keeping possession at times when the team is under pressure... Something that City were appalling at doing last season.

They also don't need to be tall. Hughes was not particularly tall... Just very strong and stocky.

The problem with a big striker is that they encourage players to look up and ping the high ball to them. But a target man doesn't have to be built this way and a team containing one doesn't have to play this way.

Fernando Llorente at Bilbao is another good example, and is currently being courted by Barcelona.

Too right CCF and so many want the great goal scorer that is Heskey back.

We got a 22yo yes still learning on a quater the money n people don't want him.

Archived