Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BMR

Marko Futacs

I heard via Facebook that we've signed Marko Futacs from financially bedraggled Portsmouth, that's all. I'm surprised it's not merited a mention on here as yet......! I remember he was their standout player against us on New Years Eve last season in the 1-1 draw at home, something which might have prompted Pearson to sign him..

I heard via Facebook that we've signed Marko Futacs from financially bedraggled Portsmouth, that's all. I'm surprised it's not merited a mention on here as yet......! I remember he was their standout player against us on New Years Eve last season in the 1-1 draw at home, something which might have prompted Pearson to sign him..

It has been mentioned, but it's in the Transfer Talk section because it hasn't been confirmed. :thumbup:

http://www.foxestalk...7-marko-futacs/

Ok, I tend just to browse the main pages and obviously nobody's gone off at a tangent about the deal yet, probably as it has yet to be confirmed for sure. It looks to be in the bank anyway, I did double check matters before posting on here after my Foxes Facebook alert, which are usually very accurate. :)

Lets not kid ourselves that next seasons strikers are in place & we have a pecking order

Beckford & Nugents goal tally wasn't that good really ,

Ebanks Blake scored 40 odd when Wolves were promoted a few seasons ago ,

makes their goal ratio look feeble ...................in comparison

Lets not kid ourselves that next seasons strikers are in place & we have a pecking order

He scored 25. Granted that is a very good goalscoring tally, only Ricky Lambert scored more than that last season. Having one out and out goalscorer is not a must for promotion, just look at Reading (top scorer Adam Le Fondre with 12)

I can only imagine you're using the Beckford fan method of including pre-season goals and shots that hit the woodwork. :whistle:

lol

He scored 25. Granted that is a very good goalscoring tally, only Ricky Lambert scored more than that last season. Having one out and out goalscorer is not a must for promotion, just look at Reading (top scorer Adam Le Fondre with 12)

It's a good point. I think with reading, and the rest of the promoted teams, the key was they had players that knew their position on and off the field. They all had similar "distractions" like we did , all teams do. The unhappy players, the rumours etc but when they know what their individual roles are on the pitch and they know how to win their battles too, it's a lot easier to pick up points.

9 of Ricky Lamberts 31 goals were pens. None of our strikers dare to take a pen, maybe that's one of the reasons they don't rank very high on the Championships leading scorer charts. 22 goals is still nothing to be sneezed at mind.

Futacs was only at Pompey for a year and contract was expired so we won't be giving compo, players over 22 are eligible for Bosman's too in England

He's under 24 and has been offered new terms by Pompey, so they are due some compo.

Bit silly really!

Archived