Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BMR

Marko Futacs

Looked a menace every time I saw him last season but a raw talent, who will need work to turn in to an established player. Fantastic in the air and at holding it up, that's exactly the option we need in certain games. Vardy, Nugent, Beckford and Waghorn are there to score the goals.

Reminds me very much of Velios at Everton.

I cannot see any problems signing this lad he is mobile likely to win a ball in the air, okay his goal return of 5 last season is pretty piss poor but it is certainly more than Steeve Howard the Legend lol has been able to muster in the last two seasons, if he can win the ball for the other strikers to latch on to i.e Beckford and Nugent than we are on to a winner.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7891942/Leicester-line-up-Futacs-move

Sky Sports understands Leicester City are in talks to sign former Portsmouth striker Marko Futacs.

Futacs is available on a free transfer after seeing out his contract atFratton Park.spacer.gif

The 22-year-old, who joined Portsmouthspacer.gif from Werder Bremenspacer.gif in August 2011, signed a one-year deal although he was mainly used as a substitute during his time on theSouth Coast.spacer.gif

The giant forward netted five goals for struggling Pompey last season and his performances have attracted interest from a number of clubs.

Leicesterspacer.gif have expressed an interest in the Hungary Under 21 international as they look to bolster their attacking options.

However, they could face competition for his signature with Championship rivals Watfordspacer.gif and Barnsleyspacer.gif also tracking Futacs.

I'm not sure a target man has to be prolific as long as he can hold the ball up, bring others into play, help out defensively from set plays and chip in with 10 goals - Did Howard score last year? Yet everyone chanted Super Super Stevie Howard every time he came on. He did a job, was hardly mobile and was never prolific, but he almost had cult status because of one goal he scored against Leeds.

Archived