Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Mills Gone, Pelts close

I don't get why we are loaning MM out - but if the deal benefits both parties then fair enough. I think Peltier is a good right back, however. I think he has suffered from a poor second half of the season. If Pearson has someone better lined up - then fair enough. I trust Pearson more than I did Sven.

As long as Mills doesn't play against us (I guess that must be part of the deal) and doesn't end up being Bolton's player of the year, I'm all good.

Lots of money of the wage bill.

As for Peltier, would've preferred him to stay and learn, only going out on loan. The lad's got potential - should work/should have worked more on his defending, though.

Looking back at it, we paid a lot over the odds at £750'000.

A loss on one player of close to half a million in the space of one season - only at Leicester City FC.

Peltier is more than capable as a back up right back. Really suprised we'd sell him for less than half the price we paid for him. Are we really going to get a better replacement for 350k? Seems a bit pointless and his wages cant be that big surely...

Peltier is more than capable as a back up right back. Really suprised we'd sell him for less than half the price we paid for him. Are we really going to get a better replacement for 350k? Seems a bit pointless and his wages cant be that big surely...

Perhaps the manager believes Moore is more than good enough as back up, and the RDL is here to replace Peltier as a starter.

our accounts on player transfer losses will make interesting reading at this rate, Mills had to go one way or another he'd clearly burnt to many bridges, but unless RDL is here to play full back and Moore is ready to make the grade then selling pelts seems a strange one, and at such a loss.

Bamba for 750k and now Pelts for 350k. Something not quite adding up....hmm

Only Leicester can make a loss on Pelts.

Think Pelts more than good enough for backup.

If you want to get rid of a player, and nobody actually wants him other than someone wiling to pay £350k. Then you either keep a player you don't want, or sell him for that price.

why keep a player as back up when a team is willing to give you 350k + take a wage off your enormous wage bill. Liam Moore i would say is a good 'backup' so i would expect a new right back to come in unless he is thinking of playing RDL there.

As long as Mills doesn't play against us (I guess that must be part of the deal) and doesn't end up being Bolton's player of the year, I'm all good.

Lots of money of the wage bill.

As for Peltier, would've preferred him to stay and learn, only going out on loan. The lad's got potential - should work/should have worked more on his defending, though.

Looking back at it, we paid a lot over the odds at £750'000.

A loss on one player of close to half a million in the space of one season - only at Leicester City FC.

Indeed, How many players could we include in that statement?

Whatever really. We need Mills off the books and if we can't sell him for a decent money lets just loan him out and try and get that money in Jan/end of season. Pelts was okay but nothing special. If Nige thinks he isn't good enough then fair enough. Over analysis of this is going to drive us mental. Pearson knows what he is doing. Not like our defence was any good last season, so we need to change it.

It's a season long loan with a view to buying him for 2 mil next season. It's a way of trying to get round FFP. If they go up they'll buy him, if they don't, they probably won't. We might be discussing it again this time next year

How did you work that out if you don't mind me asking, I presume that our sponsorship of the stadium gets round FFP as well?

How did you work that out if you don't mind me asking, I presume that our sponsorship of the stadium gets round FFP as well?

If they're going to buy him for 2 mil, why wouldn't they buy him now? Simple answer, they want to spend their 6 mil on other players. A season long loan and buying him next season gets round that. Pretty obvious really

That £350K fee really annoys me.. I don't care if he had a bad season We should still want at least £500-£600K minimum

As somebody said if you want someone gone and theres only somebody willing to pay 350k what choice do you have. Hes not good enough and 750k was too much for him, thats the bottom line

I find the Mills to Bolton move slightly worrying. The impression I got was that Bolton were going to have to more than halve their wage bill and were struggling to do so. They aren't in a position to make the same kind of gamble that West Ham did when they went down, which makes you wonder how much they'll actually be contributing to his wages.

As somebody said if you want someone gone and theres only somebody willing to pay 350k what choice do you have. Hes not good enough and 750k was too much for him, thats the bottom line

:appl: The simple thing a lot of people can't understand.

Archived