Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Moore, Taft, Parkes, Bolger.

I have only seen these young lads play a few times and have no idea who is better thatn who? So what do people think? Rank them in terms of current ability? And let me know when you think they will break into the team? If they are even at that stage. Which of them should go on loan?

Moore easily the best. Capable of being a regular squad member and occasional first teamer this year. Parkes looks solid, makes few mistakes. Bolger is a big lad, and looks good when the ball isn't at his feet, slightly less solid when it is. Taft I haven't seen enough of. I don't think we should judge any too harshly based on what we have seen so far though, all young and plenty left to show I'm sure.

I haven't seen much of them, but considering Moore is on the verge (played at Palace for example), I should think he has more chance of breaking into the first team.

Same here. I think looking at the squad at least Moore should get a few games this year. I imagine Moore to be considered a first team squad player now.

I saw Moore at Palace, Shrewabury, Sunderland and any home games he played at last year, don't remember. He looks ready to make the step up to me, I imagine he'll be back-up at RB/CB and that's not a bad thing. The others I know little about but I doubt they're ready yet. I imagine one of Bolger or Parkes will be sticking around in case of injuries, but I guess the others will be out on loan again.

Like others have said, Moore is top of the heap out of those lot and I would expect him to feature in some capacity this season. Playing alongside a vastly experienced bunch of defenders - Morgan, Whitbread, Konchesky - should bring his game on leaps and bounds this season. Could have a gem on our hands here - everyone's rooting for him, let's hope he can take the step up.

I've heard good things about the rest too - although Parkes and Bolger sound like they're quite one dimensional players. Taft sounds like he could be a first team regular down the line and I think he's got more potential than Parkes and Bolger. Possible cover at LB for Konch and Kennedy?

A good friend of mine saw Parkes play many times for Burton Albion whilst he was on loan there, not impressed. I thought he was quite poor against Sunderland.

He is young and still has time, but you have to start showing ability and progress sooner rather than later. His time in our under 21 team will be make or break for him, as it will for many young players.

Involvement in that league is brilliant for the development of the club.

Moore is already pretty much part of the senior squad, I reckon. With St. Ledger injured and Whitbread not yet fit, I think we'll see Moore in action for the first team at the start of the season.

I think Taft could have a future here. I doubt Parkes or Bolger will be at the club for that much longer.

Liam Moore hands down, has impressed when given a chance in the first team, did well at Palace people said, has been drafted in here and there since, but he will be our youngster to breakthrough this season, like Schlupp in the last two seasons. If Sunderland is anything to go by I am really excited to see the competition of Moore and De Laet this season, for the first choice right-back spot.

Tom Parkes I think is close to a couple of first team performances, but I still don't think he is ready yet. I think we should loan him out to League 1, as that will be the next step up for him, and see how he handles it.

George Taft, looks like an absolute idiot but there is no doubt that he is a talented player. Unlikely to see him this season, but he will come through in the next couple of years I think.

Bolger doesn't have a future at this club in my opinion, not good enough im afraid.

Moore is good enough and will probably play a bit this year. Dont know about Taft, not seen him much but an english loan spell could tell us if he's good ebough. The other two aren't good ebough and shoukd be moved on.

Pishhh saw Bolger play at Bristol quite a few times last season and he looks solid I honestly think that he will play a part this season. He's a good committed lad too.

Moore is obviously having his chance with the 1st team & ive been harking on about George Taft for ages , watched him in some reserve fixtures at belvoir drive last season & looks a quality player ,seen him 2nd half at nuneaton & havent changed my view ,Parkes & bolger also look like they have potential but need to play ,lets hope the club doesnt stop these young players going out on loan , i think playing these 3 in the new u21 league would be a backward step for them.

What I've seen of Liam Moore he looks like a quality player in the making and appears to be establishing himself as part of the 1st team squad. Until mr Whitbread is fit he looks more than capable of doing a job and if he's got the right head on his shoulders I feel he's got a big future ahead of him....let's hope so!

Archived