Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Blackburn - City Player Ratings ?

From TV:

Kasper - 6

RDL - 6.5

Moore - 7

Morgan - 7.5

Konch - 5.5

Marshall - 7.5

DD - 7

King - 7

Dyer - 6.5

Nugent - 6.5

Vardy - 7.5

Subs:

Knocky - 7

Danns - 6

They're probably all -0.5 harsh, but I can't be assed to change them now.

Konchesky was our weak link imo. Marshall excellent, as was Vardy 2nd half.

Moore looked fine, confident. Prone to wander out of position occasionally.

Kasper 7 Kicking mostly good, and good performance.

RDL 6 Some silly fouls, collects cards for fun, but some decisions from the referee were embarrassing. Good overlaps but ignored 90% of the time.

Morgan 8 MOTM for me. Beast. He wins everything aerially, and good composure.

Moore 7 Defends well, and had a good chance from one corner that he didnt manage to do anything with.

Konchesky 6 Saw a lot of the ball but sometimes got caught diving in today.

Marshall 7 Better game than last week, but could do with occasionally using RDL on the overlap if he is playing from the right rather than always cutting in.

Drinkwater 6 Not as dominant as last week but difficult against DM and DE. Him and King did control it for large parts though.

King 7 Busy, good defensively and some very good forward runs. Perhaps should have scored but for a good block.

Dyer 5 Shite. Didn't run once really at Lowe, and made very little impression

Vardy 7 Second half was a handful, deserved his goal and probably should have had another. Lucky not to have been decapitated by the advertising boards.

Nugent 7.5 Won so many flicks today. Cannot believe he missed his header but let's just hope we start taking these chances.

Kasper N/A - didnt have anything to do, distribution alright

De Laet 6.5 - lost his way when he got booked, booking was unfair.

Morgan 7 - solid, covered for Moore a lot.

Moore 6 - played okay but not ready yet

Konchesky 4 - awful, gave the ball away too much

Marshall 6.5 - got the ball more, decent game

Drinkwater 7 - shouldn't have come off, like to see him move it quicker

King 8 - MOTM, he was everywhere, King of old.

Dyer 5 - drop him

Nugent 7 - lively, good understanding with Vardy

Vardy 7 - poor first half, great second half, should have had two goals.

Knockaert needs to start next week for certain

Danns and Beckford not on long enough

Officials - Useless

Home fans are terrible, support your team during a game

From TV

Kasper 8 - Only really saw him picking the ball out the net, saved a couple in the last 2mins when we had everyone up

De Laet 6 - lost his way when he got booked, booking was unfair.

Morgan 8 - excellent, as usual.

Moore 7 - Looked fine to me, would never guess he was covering & out of position

Konchesky 4 - Terrible today, gave the ball away, dived in recklessly leaving himself on the ground and us exposed, don't know where I even get 4 from?

Marshall 7 - Good game, came making things happen

Drinkwater 7 - Should have stayed on, lost our shape a bit when he went off very late on

King 8 - Great showing, sticking tackles in at the back, laying the ball off then getting on the end of it in attack

Dyer 7 - Good first half, was a great threat and it took their widemen out of the game tracking back, died as the game wore on

Nugent 7 - Much better then co,ming off the bench, was lively and had 2 kicked off the line

Vardy 7 - Scored 2 goals, what more can you ask, caused them huge problems as the game wore on

Knockaert 8 - Made stuff happen, deserves a start

Danns n/a - lost the ball, as usual...

Beckford n/a - Will find it difficult to get back in the team, Nuge & Vardy looks a much better pairing for the team as a whole than Nuge+Becks or Vardy+Becks

Never done this before but it was such a peculiar game I thought I'd have a crack.

Schmeichel 7 - virtually no chance with the goals, but pulled off a decent stop and kicking was decent.

De Laet 7 - would have given him more but for the second goal where he was lacking; ref seemed to have it in for him!

Konchesky 5 - always looks for the killer pass; sometimes he doesn't look like a man of his experience. Lost the ball and failed to regain possession for the first

Moore 7 - decent

Morgan 7 - decent, though I'd have liked him to attack the ball for the second

King 9 - thought he was superb

Marshall 8 - good corners, looked a constant danger, didn't understand the late substitution

Drinkwater 9 - very strong first half, again didn't understand the change

Dyer 7 - decent first half, poor start to the second and gave the ball away in deep positions

Vardy 7 - thought he looked low on confidence in the first half but looked very good in the second. Need to see the offside from a different angle

Nugent 7 - good performance, worked hard but should have buried his header first half

Knockaert 7 - second time I've seen him - good on the ball and an excellent crosser. I'd give him a crack ahead of Dyer now.

Danns 6 - didn't especially do anything wrong, though he missed out in the 50-50 leading up to their second. Distribution was good.

Beckford n/a

From TV

Schmeichel 7 - Couple of saves, but only really record him kicking the ball outta the net

De Laet 7 - Thought he did quite well today in parts

Morgan 8 - Dominated proper captain performance

Moore 7 - Decent display, but wouldn't start him next game

Konchesky 5 - A rare poor game from him unfortunately

Marshall 8 - Thought he was dangerous today, good set pieces

King 8 - Looks in good form, major positive again

Drinkwater 7 - Not as good as the last couple of games, but still impressive

Dyer 7 - Dangerous, good crossing but tired out

Vardy 7 - Woeful first half, really changed in the second excellent stuff

Nugent 7 - Better option than Beckford

At Ewood Park:

Schmeichel 6

Konchesky 4 - Poor.

Morgan 7

Moore 6

De Laet 6

Dyer 4 - Poor, weak.

Drinkwater 7

King 6 - Some decent runs but lacks pace.

Marshall 6

Nugent 6

Vardy 7 - Worked hard. Great finish (twice).

______

Knockaert 6

Danns 4 - Gave away a few fouls.

Beckford N/A

From TV

Kasper n/a - I'm not rating when all he did all game was pick the ball out of the net twice

RDL 5 - Did nothing of any note.

Morgan 8 - Good performance. Feel so much more confident in him than I did Bamba, Mills or Tunchev

Moore 7 - Did nothing wrong. Bounced back from his hiccups at Charlton

Konch 4 - Worst game i've seen him have for a long time

Marshall 7.5 - Good performance. Really used the ball well and his cross for the Nugent header was superb

DD 7 - Bossed the midfield. Wouldnt have taken him off.

King 7 - Good game and unlucky not to score. He and DD look a good partnership.

Dyer 4 - Did nothing apart from spoil our attacks.

Vardy 8 - I like this guy. Confident finish and his 2nd should not have been disallowed.

Nugent 4 - Be as bitchy as you like on Twitter and claim its innocent, but when you get your chance and the ball is gifted to you 5 yards out, there's not a keeper on this earth that should get a chance at it. You stick that ****in thing in the back of the net and prove your point. Cannot believe he missed it.

SUBS: -

Knocky 7 - Great cross for Vardy and looks like he'll be a great addition to the squad.

Danns n/a

Becks n/a

From Ewood.

Kasper 6 - kicking was good but picking the ball out of the net was his busiest part of the day.

RDL 4 - shit.

Konch 4 - just as shit.

Morgan 8 - beast. Bossed everything.

Moore 6 - did ok without setting the world alight.

Marshall 6 - sometimes quite greedy and chooses the wrong option.

Dyer 4 - pathetic.

Drinkwater 7 - steady, calm in possession and got stuck in.

King 7 - provided decent support for the front two.

Vardy 7 - poor first half but looked the player we've been hearing about in the second half.

Nuge 6 - Shouldn't be missing a header from 4 yards out. Otherwise very busy.

From TV

Kasper 7.5 (A couple of useful save when we were stretched at the end but it says so much that he was hardly involved and had no chance with their goals).

De Laet 7 (Would have been excellent but for getting an unfair booking and seemingly losing some concentration. Unlucky or clumsy for their winner? Take your pick but MGP got away and showed exactly how to finish).

Morgan 6.5 (Did some good things but going awol and dribbling his way into trouble didn't impress me one bit. Another two goals conceded doesn't speak highly of his defensive organisation I'm afraid especially as both goals came from opponents evading uncovered back-line defenders).

Moore 6.5 (Can't say he was under a great deal of pressure and yet their opener came through the central area and I sill felt our covering was less than tight).

Konchesky 4 (Worst I've seen him play for City. At fault for their opener and gave the ball away so carelessly on occasions).

Marshall 6.5 (uch more involved than at Charlton although his set corners were so tame and predictable. Has to vary his deliveries much more and we desperately need someone coming off short and someone else attacking the near post).

Drinkwater 7.5 (Teamed up well with King and, while I understand than he was tiring, taking Drinkwater off, cost us shape, accuracy, momentum and the natural cover for King's attacking).

King 8 (Might have plundered another goal but for a timely block and looked accomplished in most all he did both defensively and further forward).

Dyer 7 (Faded second half but was a constant threat in the first half delivering one peach of a cross that should have been attacked at the near post).

Nugent 7 (Considerable threat in the first half when he brought that close range save out of Robinson and also had shots scrambled off the line.)

Vardy 8 (Two well-taken goals even if only one counted. Worked hard and complemented Nugent in providing a different kind of threat).

Knockaert 6.5 (Still more of a threat than an achiever but it's early days).

Danns 5 (Looked ring rusty and didn't quite fit in. Scurried around but to little effect. His introduction coincided with our play becoming somewhat ragged)

Beckford n/a.

Schmeichel 6.5

Konchesky 6

Morgan 7.5

Moore 7.5

De Laet 8

Dyer 7

Drinkwater 7

King 7

Marshall 9

Nugent 7

Vardy 8.5

Knockaert 7

Danns N/A

Beckford N/A

I thought the Ref was ok, shame about the linesman.

That's what I was getting at although I didn't make it very clear - it's the linesman that seem to be the worst. The refereeing is average but the lino's are often terrible.

Archived