Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Beckford - will he go or will he stay?

After Tuesday's performance would people be happy with Schlupp and Waghorn being the replacement if say Nugent and Vardy were to get suspensions and injuries?

Exactly, if this is true we are going to be in the s***.

After Tuesday's performance would people be happy with Schlupp and Waghorn being the replacement if say Nugent and Vardy were to get suspensions and injuries?

Exactly - If Beckford is sold, a replacement is required as Schlupp and even more so Waghorn are not at the required standard.

Knowing Foxestalk yeah, they'd rather have them two than Beckford.

Around last christmas,Schlupp was getting a first team spot and was looking like he was going to cement his spot in the side before getting injured against Forest in the cup.

For some to say he is not ready could not be further from the truth.

I for one would love to see him and Vardy as a pairing upfront at some stage.

If we are judging on the basis on one game, would you want Beckford in your team after the West Ham game? Or 30 other shit games last year.

I find it really hard to take people seriously when they haven't got a clue what they are on about.

Re: Schlupp and Waghorn as back up, we also have Futacs, so for those that aren't happy with Schlupp and Waggy as back-up you can un-knot your panties for 2 reasons.

1. Beckford has not been sold yet.

2. They won't be back-up, we also have Futacs, but don't let facts spoil your fun at slagging off some of the players that play for the team you support.

Exactly, if this is true we are going to be in the s***.

So why weren't people going on about being in the shit last year with only Schlupp and Howard as back up.

Baffling how people to continue to talk as though Beckford is some superstar striker. When's he going to show us?

So why weren't people going on about being in the shit last year with only Schlupp and Howard as back up.

Baffling how people to continue to talk as though Beckford is some superstar striker. When's he going to show us?

lol

Possibly the most frustrating player I've seen in a city shirt.

My gut feeling continues to suggest that surely there's gotta be more to come from Mr Beckford. He can't be this bad??

Then I watch him and my head tells my gut feeling that's it had a mare!

lol

I find it really hard to take people seriously when they haven't got a clue what they are on about.

Re: Schlupp and Waghorn as back up, we also have Futacs, so for those that aren't happy with Schlupp and Waggy as back-up you can un-knot your panties for 2 reasons.

1. Beckford has not been sold yet.

2. They won't be back-up, we also have Futacs, but don't let facts spoil your fun at slagging off some of the players that play for the team you support.

How do you know they won't be back up? You got a magic ball or something?

It's not that he's a superstar it's that he's adequate to fight for a starting place as a goalscorer. Can you say that about Waghorn, Schlupp, and Futacs? Can you even say that about Vardy yet, considering he's missed as many easy chances as he's scored, he's only played 4 games, and is completely unproven in the football league, let alone the Championship? I mean, you can't argue he's got a better track record. Beckford's held his own in the Premiership, I might add.

Before last season started it was clear we needed another striker. When Beckford got off to a shocking start people called for another one for competition at least (I somewhat agreed). Then he and Nugent started playing well together, Beckford went on a scoring run and all of a sudden the forward line was far from our biggest problem. However there were a lot of things wrong with the squad and people did complain about our striking options a number of times throughout the season.

It's not that he's a superstar it's that he's adequate to fight for a starting place as a goalscorer. Can you say that about Waghorn, Schlupp, and Futacs? Can you even say that about Vardy yet, considering he's missed as many easy chances as he's scored, he's only played 4 games, and is completely unproven in the football league, let alone the Championship? I mean, you can't argue he's got a better track record. Beckford's held his own in the Premiership, I might add.

Before last season started it was clear we needed another striker. When Beckford got off to a shocking start people called for another one for competition at least (I somewhat agreed). Then he and Nugent started playing well together, Beckford went on a scoring run and all of a sudden the forward line was far from our biggest problem. However there were a lot of things wrong with the squad and people did complain about our striking options a number of times throughout the season.

Well said.

Yes because it isn't fair to judge players on one game, we've still got Futacs and it wouldn't be Schlupp and Waghorn together for any length of time if that happened realistically it would be one of them with Vardy or Nugent.

Archived