Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Town target St Ledger

Think one or more of Gally/Beckford/SSL will definitely leave

I must say I am concerned now particularly if we don't bring in replacements for the players that are leaving, but maybe the money has dried up? :unsure:

If Beckford or Gallagher goes I can't see a replacement coming in, but I can definitely see another defender in if SSL goes

We need a mass exit, how would that be bad. We've got too many player competing for places and they aren't going to be happy, St. Ledger has already made it clear that he isn't willing to sit on the bench, so I don't see how, apart from potentially upseting Nugent, it's a bad thing.

We also have to have decent back up players to challenge for a first team spot, and be able to cover suspensions and injuries..

If st ledger leaves, he has to be replaced, otherwise we only have injury prone Whitbread, Morgan and Moore.

We need four centre halves competing in my opinion.

I must say I am concerned now particularly if we don't bring in replacements for the players that are leaving, but maybe the money has dried up? :unsure:

We have already spent £1,000,000 on a striker this summer you know, Vardy/Nugent/Waghorn/Schlupp should be more than enough, based on last year we're only trying to replace 9 goals, Vardy should be capable of that, Waggy has done that before.

We also have to have decent back up players to challenge for a first team spot, and be able to cover suspensions and injuries..

If st ledger leaves, he has to be replaced, otherwise we only have injury prone Whitbread, Morgan and Moore.

We need four centre halves competing in my opinion.

Perhaps, but James can play there as can DeLaet, and nothing's stopping us getting in a short-term loan if we do desperately need back-up options. We ended up with too many players last year competing for positions and it caused problems.

Good. I think there are some rotten elements in this squad and it would not surprise me one bit if St Ledger was part of the problem - he has a track record of being a twat wherever he's been.

I do wonder why we didn't do business earlier though - we could be left high and dry here.

We have already spent £1,000,000 on a striker this summer you know, Vardy/Nugent/Waghorn/Schlupp should be more than enough, based on last year we're only trying to replace 9 goals, Vardy should be capable of that, Waggy has done that before.

Perhaps, but James can play there as can DeLaet, and nothing's stopping us getting in a short-term loan if we do desperately need back-up options. We ended up with too many players last year competing for positions and it caused problems.

That was three seasons ago FFS are you suggesting Waghorn is better than Beckford, if he was which isn't imo than why didn't NP select him and partner him with Vardy? :rolleyes:

Well as many of you will know, im really disappointed.

Yes he has played some very average games, but when he is on it, he is very good. Second half of the season, him and Danns turned into two real key players for us.

He is a good option in defence, and shouldn't be sold, but Pearson wants his own players by the looks of it, and no matter how gutted I'll be if he leaves, he isn't a Pearson player.

He would need to be replaced well, but is an aging Danny Higginbotham the answer :/

Good. I think there are some rotten elements in this squad and it would not surprise me one bit if St Ledger was part of the problem - he has a track record of being a twat wherever he's been.

I do wonder why we didn't do business earlier though - we could be left high and dry here.

Panic buying, just like us last season with Beckford. If clubs can't get their top/ cheaper targets they'll go for players like SSL, who I imagine is on a more than fair wage.

I imagine we could've got a higher fee for Mills leaving it til last day but it just wasn't worth the risk when a bid was on the table.

I'm sure plenty of fans will be moaning if we let Danns, SSL, etc go because they come across ok on twitter. Shame they don't notice they're bang average and causing the problem, not the manager.

Wouldn't it worry you on the outside looking in? it could seem like we are financial predicament and Beckford, Gally, St Ledger and possibly Danns have to leave to keep us afloat.

I wouldn't be unhappy about any/all of those 4 leaving.

On the subject of small squads, reread the report of the City-Arse match of 1997, and just remember what a small committed squad can achieve.

That was three seasons ago FFS are you suggesting Waghorn is better than Beckford, if he was which isn't imo than why didn't NP select him and partner him with Vardy? :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that, I'm saying that we were ok upfront last year and Beckford only managed 9 league goals, do I think Waghorn if given a similar amount of playing time could replicate that? Yes, yes I do. That doesn't mean he's better, but he's good enough to be 3rd choice behind Vardy and Nugent. He hasn't become a bad player over night, there's no reason that if given the same oppertunity as he was during his first spell he can't replicate that total. We don't need to replace Beckford because we already have with Vardy signing.

More changes means the team and club remain unsettled.

When oh when will we ever get a team where the players have been here longer than the average LCFC management team.

Panic buying, just like us last season with Beckford. If clubs can't get their top/ cheaper targets they'll go for players like SSL, who I imagine is on a more than fair wage.

I imagine we could've got a higher fee for Mills leaving it til last day but it just wasn't worth the risk when a bid was on the table.

I'm sure plenty of fans will be moaning if we let Danns, SSL, etc go because they come across ok on twitter. Shame they don't notice they're bang average and causing the problem, not the manager.

Amen. Great post.

It must be a bone of contention in the squad that there are a core of players, no better and often inferior to the others, who take home three times the wages of the other boys.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit of we ended up supplementing the wages of Beckford and SSL in a similar way we do Matt Mills'. Sven really was a ****ing disaster for our club.

It really has got to the point where I have stopped caring about players coming and going, since Sousa and Sven dismantled the best team we had had in a long time, I have never felt like any of these players are truly our players, the exceptions being King and Dyer.

If SSL goes and we replace with someone else I really don't care, he has done nothing while he was here, not being negative about him, decent enough player didn't do much wrong, but I just don't really feel the love with Sven's lot, they just don't feel like a Leicester player and how this is just a stepping stone on their career.

I hope some of them prove me wrong, Kasper and Nugent in particular, but I will not be bothered to see any of the rest leave.

NP picking Beckford could have been to try to convince other clubs he was still valued here, much like when we sold Campbell to Blackpool.

Waghorn has been pretty rubbish recently, but he is still young and could improve. Beckford has been very disappointing overall, is surely costing a lot more, and is past his prime.

I wouldn't blame any player for jumping ship it's obvious that NP isn't going to get us challenging or promoted.

Put mad Mick McCarthy or Billy Davies in charge of that squad and we'd be a hard side to beat and would certainly challenge.

Think NP will be topped by Dec

More changes means the team and club remain unsettled.

When oh when will we ever get a team where the players have been here longer than the average LCFC management team.

Normally I would agree with you but I think there's a few high earners who have not and will never justify the wages they are on and IMHO we should get rid. I honestly think spirit and morale will improve if there is more of a meritocracy at the KP.

I wouldn't blame any player for jumping ship it's obvious that NP isn't going to get us challenging or promoted.

Put mad Mick McCarthy or Billy Davies in charge of that squad and we'd be a hard side to beat and would certainly challenge.

Think NP will be topped by Dec

Oh dear. Three games and it's over already, nice to see folk giving the manager a chance for a change.

Amen. Great post.

It must be a bone of contention in the squad that there are a core of players, no better and often inferior to the others, who take home three times the wages of the other boys.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit of we ended up supplementing the wages of Beckford and SSL in a similar way we do Matt Mills'. Sven really was a ****ing disaster for our club.

Yep, but I guess we're left with no choice than to pay a percentage for the remainder of their current contracts. The owners will just have to bite the bullet (I hope) and agree to this. Doing more harm than good as it is.

Sousa and to a far greater extent Sven have took the development of our club back years, yet people have been brainwashed by him.

We DON'T need 2 players for every position, that's what the loan market is there for.

If Pearson is sacked half way through his job of repairing the club then I'll be livid, barring an absolute collapse on the pitch over the next couple of months.

I'm sure the owners will look further than results for the time being purely due to the fact Pearson's signings will do the job well and have sell on potential.

Fourth Official â€@FourthOfficial_

Sky Sports reporting Sean St Ledger is a target for Ipswich, this isn't going to be a good deadline for the Foxes #massexit

Retweeted by david nugent

Odd comment, it could be a VERY good deadline for us. Getting rid of average players on large sums of money is exactly what we want. The loan window will still be there if we need to get in a couple of players post deadline.

People from the outside probably think we're in the shit, anyone that actually knows the club will know all three have failed to perform.

James and DeLaet can play there, but it`s not their natural position, and it means we`re going down the route of make do and mend again.

We have to have decent back up to push the players in the first team.

We don`t want any player thinking their place is safe, otherwise performances will drop, because they know they wont be replaced.

What we do need, is back up players, who don`t seem to have the kind of ego that some of the present players seem to have, who are willing to fight for their place, without having a hissyfit if they are on the bench, and have to bide their time!

Yep, but I guess we're left with no choice than to pay a percentage for the remainder of their current contracts. The owners will just have to bite the bullet (I hope) and agree to this. Doing more harm than good as it is.

Sousa and to a far greater extent Sven have took the development of our club back years, yet people have been brainwashed by him.

We DON'T need 2 players for every position, that's what the loan market is there for.

If Pearson is sacked half way through his job of repairing the club then I'll be livid, barring an absolute collapse on the pitch over the next couple of months.

I'm sure the owners will look further than results for the time being purely due to the fact Pearson's signings will do the job well and have sell on potential.

Are you really sure?

I`m not, i don`t want us to get rid of Pearson either, but the owners have shown very little in terms of patience so far, and i`m not sure that will change with Pearson either.

Fourth Official â€@FourthOfficial_

Sky Sports reporting Sean St Ledger is a target for Ipswich, this isn't going to be a good deadline for the Foxes #massexit

Retweeted by david nugent

Re-tweeted by Nugent?!? Has anyone else picked up on this? Am I confused? Surely not a good thing to retweet when it's supposedly a negative tweet in the first place.

SSL can go. Overpaid, overrated, disruptive.

Him, Beckford and Gally going should raise £4million and save us, what, £60k a week?!

Are you really sure?

I`m not, i don`t want us to get rid of Pearson either, but the owners have shown very little in terms of patience so far, and i`m not sure that will change with Pearson either.

Maybe not realistically, but I really hope they use some sense and stick by him. I'm trying to convince myself they will do this, but who knows.

Re-tweeted by Nugent?!? Has anyone else picked up on this? Am I confused? Surely not a good thing to retweet when it's supposedly a negative tweet in the first place.

SSL can go. Overpaid, overrated, disruptive.

Him, Beckford and Gally going should raise £4million and save us, what, £60k a week?!

I was a bit concerned by that as well if he leaves as well we are screwed upfront imo.

Archived