Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 1 - 0 Blackpool

Good performance. Brave subs - was very worried.

Thought the pen was correct and we should've had another.

Beckford with a proper sabotage attempt at the end.

Schlupp and Moore i'm very pleased to see playing well. Vardy excellent.

So pleased we won.

schlupp was a beast when he came on bossed it at lb tbf.

beckford seemed to try to hard!

vardy's first touch is as bad as beckfords, i thought he was of the pitch untill beckfords almost perfect pass!!

good performance looked shakey last 20 but game should of been out of sight by then!

Pretty good

Played well for first half hour, their keeper was earning his money, then they came into it... with SSL & Konch looking weak

We started like a bomb in the 2nd half, fired the crowd up to... got what we deserved, yes it was soft but given all the decisions against us, we deserved it

Brilliant subs by nige to push Moore out to RB and bring Schlupp on at LB... their wingers were running us ragged, and doing that nullified their attack for a while, then in the latter stages when it opened up, either team could have had 3

Beckford proved why he's not a starter for us and I'd be surprised if we see him again...

throughout his time here, a couple of times he's been very good, mostly he's been dire but that was the worst, not only could he have won it, or just retained possession but they broke each time and could have scored 3 from it, in fact they were all Blackpool's best attempts

Well all said and done it was a bad perfromance. Dyer should have scored, Vardy had a couple of "should have shot" chances he didn't take, Beckford miss hit a shot 3 yards out and then cocked up a perfect chance with that horrible pass late onto to Vardy however 2 from 2 at home and signs to build on!

Konchesky still a worry at left back but I thought SSL did ok overall condsidering he is underdone re match play. We do need way more from our midfield though. Drinkwater is patchy at best and King was very quite overall.

Incredible. lol

Good win and deserved, seemed to battle the ref most the time today too.

Defence on the whole looked solid and the attacking play always looked good especially on counter attack.

Hard to choose a man of the match too, probably say Moore or Vardy or Morgan, everyone played well really.

Well we have moaned about shit refs and no luck for a year now and today was certainly a turning point. Think today I am changing judgement on Beckford too. Really have so much faith with Pearson right now at first I hated boring signings like Wes Morgan and this season he's been terrific absolute tank at the back today great performance by Marshall too always causing problems

Schlupp looked very solid at full back today, and he won't play against much better wingers this season than Phillips and Ince. Neither him nor Moore hardly put a foot wrong

Schlupp - average striker or potential excellent left back? Wasn't Ashley Cole a striker when he started?

Moore, Morgan and Schlupp were excellent.

Well we have moaned about shit refs and no luck for a year now and today was certainly a turning point. Think today I am changing judgement on Beckford too. Really have so much faith with Pearson right now at first I hated boring signings like Wes Morgan and this season he's been terrific absolute tank at the back today great performance by Marshall too always causing problems

:o

Beckford....

Morgan was superb today.

Well all said and done it was a bad perfromance. Dyer should have scored, Vardy had a couple of "should have shot" chances he didn't take, Beckford miss hit a shot 3 yards out and then cocked up a perfect chance with that horrible pass late onto to Vardy however 2 from 2 at home and signs to build on!

Konchesky still a worry at left back but I thought SSL did ok overall condsidering he is underdone re match play. We do need way more from our midfield though. Drinkwater is patchy at best and King was very quite overall.

723p.jpg

when coupled with the football in the blackburn game and the first game of the season, which are the only 3 games I've seen I'm really impressed with City. Some of the best football I've seen in years.

Love Marshall's crosses, Dyers runs (though I'm hoping Knockaert will replace him eventually), Vardy's movement and natural striker play, Drinkwater's work in midfield, Morgan and Moore (M&M) in central defence and De Laet's play have been great.

Schlupp did great when he came on today too.

Maybe Konch is starting to look a little fragile and Nuge hasn't quite found his touch, though he does look like the teamwork with Vardy will pay dividends more and more as we go through the season.

A lot to be happy about and if we'd got the win against Blackburn that our play deserved we'd be top tonight.

It's 3 points, and that is good.

We did not dominate like some people make out, and got that rather fortunate penalty, to bag the points.

Most worrying thing, imo, is that we are still not putting away the chances, and that is something we must do, if we are to challenge for promotion.

I'll take the three points though.

when coupled with the football in the blackburn game and the first game of the season, which are the only 3 games I've seen I'm really impressed with City. Some of the best football I've seen in years.

Love Marshall's crosses, Dyers runs (though I'm hoping Knockaert will replace him eventually), Vardy's movement and natural striker play, Drinkwater's work in midfield, Morgan and Moore (M&M) in central defence and De Laet's play have been great.

Schlupp did great when he came on today too.

Maybe Konch is starting to look a little fragile and Nuge hasn't quite found his touch, though he does look like the teamwork with Vardy will pay dividends more and more as we go through the season.

A lot to be happy about and if we'd got the win against Blackburn that our play deserved we'd be top tonight.

I agree with all that

I'm still baffled by the Beckford sub, we were playing with 3 strikers and knocky surely bring James on for an attacking player in swamp the midfield.

Has Nigel been taking lessons from keegan over the summer?

Blackpool slow back 4, Blackpool throwing everything at us so lots of space to run into, as it proved.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Archived