Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 1 - 0 Blackpool

Great result against the leaders we played well today hats off to them all, after this weeks escapades i thought that team morale would be down and i am glad to say i thought wrong,

Great Win....

blackpool looked good, which makes the win more impressive for me , even when they threw everything at us we were still a threat up front on the break, good test for us and we came through it , confidence booster .

Great performance from the lads and well deserved 3 points - dodgy peno or not. Only really disappointment for me was Knockeart first time i seen him play and didn't see what all the hype has been about to be honest?

Now let's tame the Wolves.

schlupp was a beast when he came on bossed it at lb tbf.

beckford seemed to try to hard!

vardy's first touch is as bad as beckfords, i thought he was of the pitch untill beckfords almost perfect pass!!

good performance looked shakey last 20 but game should of been out of sight by then!

Cannot believe your comments on Vardy I thought his all round play was excellent, personally my MOTM. Still raw yes and possibly needs to be a bit more selfish but the instinct is there and that's priceless! Our play deserved more goals and we were worthy winners COYB :chant:

Surprised and disappointed Holloway accused Vardy of diving, the lad was just trying to get ahead of his defender. Not his fault the ref had decided to give us something. Not very dignified storming off either at the end - pilloc.

Think we may have seen the reason Kennedy left, Schlupp owned that flank for the last half hour. If he can get regular game time for the u21s at LB this season we may just have found koncheskys long term replacement.

Decent noise on tv for the last 20 mins too given it didn't look a massive crowd.

:unsure:

We passed the ball better than them in general but when they had it in advanced areas (which was rare) they made good chances easier with better final balls. Whilst we dominated possession they were more incisive and have greater quality forward men.

I think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed sir. Moore gave a strong, determined and mature performance. He played very well.

Except when he kept passing it to the opposition and let their man get away for the best chance in the first half. At right back he was caught out of position often and they were allowed to get the ball on the left and cross it too many times late in the game.

Determined and strong he may be but he looked a bit of a lummox to me.

Rode our luck tonight and got a win.

When we place pressure onto the opposition like we did for the first period of the game we must be more ruthless and make sure we score and take advantage.

We also got nervy at the end, but that's normal given our recent results.

We really needed that and I hope now Pearson has time with the players over the International break that he can move things on and we will be better at taking our chances on our return.

Where are the Pearson haters now?

To be honest, they'd look even more ridiculous if they came on and started moaning today.

One result shouldn't change people's minds, even if they are talking crap.

My 2,000th post and it's a :) one. Good game, good atmosphere, still work to be done but we saved the day after the Burton fiasco. Kingy MOM, Moore and Morgan solid, Vardy nippy as hell. Wolves here we come....

Dyer gave them all kinds of problems. Did you not notice how many times he beat Ardley?

Did you notice how many times he wasted it after that?

First half he beat him a couple of times, once he dallied with his cross and it didn't beat the first man, the second he did a similar thing. Another time he half took him on and blazed into the crowd. Other occassions he had chances to take him on and checked back.

There was one occassion in the second half where we were on a break, it was 2 against one in our favour, the defender was between him and Nugent or Vardy (can't remember which). Instead of trying to play him in for the easy finish, he picked the easy pass which was short to Drinkwater. His decision making is poor but sometimes it's because he knows he doesn't have the ability to play such balls.

It takes more than a bit of sprinting and getting in dangerous positions to convince me he's actually been effective.

To be honest, they'd look even more ridiculous if they came on and started moaning today.

its been a great result , a nice peaceful forum , gonna be a great weekend , so why are you guys bringing up the pearson haters thing and trying to get a reaction .

Did you notice how many times he wasted it after that?

First half he beat him a couple of times, once he dallied with his cross and it didn't beat the first man, the second he did a similar thing. Another time he half took him on and blazed into the crowd. Other occassions he had chances to take him on and checked back.

There was one occassion in the second half where we were on a break, it was 2 against one in our favour, the defender was between him and Nugent or Vardy (can't remember which). Instead of trying to play him in for the easy finish, he picked the easy pass which was short to Drinkwater. His decision making is poor but sometimes it's because he knows he doesn't have the ability to play such balls.

It takes more than a bit of sprinting and getting in dangerous positions to convince me he's actually been effective.

I agree with this, he gets in to the postions but does very little with it this is the main problem and the fact that hes a passanger for the majority of the game. was unlucky not to score though but compare Dyer to Marshall today and thats why he needs to be used as a sub with either Schlupp or Knockeart in their.

It's the fact that they never give credit where it's due. They really do love to moan.

Archived