Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 1 - 0 Blackpool

2 minutes for the penalty and all 6 subs (30 seconds per sub)

So how come we got 4 minutes against Barton when there was 5 goals and 6 subs?

I don't know why they add 2 minutes on for penalties a lot more time is wasted with most free kicks.

Not our best performance and we did ride our luck a bit but Blackpool are a fantastic attacking side and to keep a clean sheet is a result in itself.

Special praise to Moore, Morgan and Vardy.

What a difference in performances by the subs of Schlupp and Beckford though.

I would much prefer to have Schlupp on the bench that Beckford if that is what we can expect each week. Horror show from Beckford! Schlupp was brilliant!!

Impressed with Marshall again but disapointed with Nugent overall. Needs to do more as I see him as our main striker alongside Vardy now.

......Beckford :(

Blackpool slow back 4, Blackpool throwing everything at us so lots of space to run into, as it proved.

So we take off our fastest player?

It just struck me as odd, if he'd taken off nuge, then fair enough, like for like, keep your shape, but for Dyer, bizarre.

Beckford's first touch was good at least today, shame his awareness of everything around him and his ability to shoot and pass was a complete train wreck

i think vardy needs more confidence going forward, got himself in a few prime positions and passed when shooting was the easier option .

It's 3 points, and that is good.

We did not dominate like some people make out, and got that rather fortunate penalty, to bag the points.

Most worrying thing, imo, is that we are still not putting away the chances, and that is something we must do, if we are to challenge for promotion.

I'll take the three points though.

You should ring up Radio Leicester and tell them what you think about things.

Must play to Beckfords strengths... Tea making. I kiiiiid I kiiiid. Ha.

lol

Joking aside, that's one of the few times since joining us that Beckford has had 3 balls to run onto rather than digging him out his feet. He's just as bad playing to strengths.

Shame a 3rd tier club can't come knocking with those wages and he can go back home

Vardy was unlucky again today he was really tricky to deal with but his confidence wasn't there and it didn't help at all with all the overshot passes to him

Maybe it is just a bit of a struggle for him playing in this league. :unsure::ph34r:

I'm still baffled by the Beckford sub, we were playing with 3 strikers and knocky surely bring James on for an attacking player in swamp the midfield.

Has Nigel been taking lessons from keegan over the summer?

Thought I worked well tbh. Looked dangerous on the break while Blakcpool tried to push everyone up the pitched. Kept a few of their players back.

Maybe it is just a bit of a struggle for him playing in this league. :unsure::ph34r:

You might be right but I couldn't help but feel today he got himself in all the right places to create chances and cause problems and each time a poor pass or Beckford making dashing runs offside would squander his chances. He needs a few goals soon otherwise the pressure will really get to him

Archived