Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 1 - 0 Blackpool

You might be right but I couldn't help but feel today he got himself in all the right places to create chances and cause problems and each time a poor pass or Beckford making dashing runs offside would squander his chances. He needs a few goals soon otherwise the pressure will really get to him

Vardy has the speed required and very few players "click" when jumping 4 divisions. He does however seem to need some more power and muscle so its the "irons" for him in the near future...

Beckford looked a threat apart from his shooting today. Got in good positions as his touch was top.

Pearson got it bang on. We deserved the win and everyone can be pleased with their performance.

Wellens u21!

Under 21 is the reserve league 3 over aged players can play.

Was st ledger injured? And what was the issue with ritchie delaet? Missed large parts of the game today :S did meet stefan freund though haha

SSL was subbed for schlupp for tactical reasons we were getting done for pace on the flanks, so schlupp and Moore went full back, and konch moved to the middle.

Got back about 20 mins ago.

Thought it was a top notch performance, we were fast tempo which I like to see, passed well and defended brilliantly.

Morgan and Moore look a solid partnership, St Ledger and Moore should be pleased that they were able to contend Ince, thought Schlupp was excellent when he came on, one of the best substitute performances by a Leicester player in a long time.

Marshall dangerous, King and Drinkwater actually seem to be a settled midfield which is good to see, Vardy and Nugent putting their bodies about.

Nervous end but a win is a win, team should be proud of their work today, and all the Pearson haters can sit down and shut up again.

Well done Leicester :)

We are playing some fabulous football at the moment.

We're so bloody close to hammering somebody: a little more conviction would go a long way, he made some great runs and worked his socks off.

Hairy at the end though, as soon as Blackpool got Ince into the game (about the 85th minute) they looked very threatening and should have scored a couple. That said, we should have been way out of sight by then.

The first 10 minutes at the start of the second half, culminating in the goal, were unreal. 3 penalty appeals (from where I was sat it looked like the better 2 weren't given), an offside goal which could have been avoided if Nugent/St Ledger/whoever it was had jumped out the way, and Nugent going clean through and wrongly being flagged offside...

...which brings me onto my only gripe today: the officials, and specifically the linesmen at the Kop end. He was embarrassing - some of the decisions he gave or didn't put his flag up for were ridiculous.

First of all, it was a penalty. If you can't see that, get your eyes checked.

It was a strange game. We deserved to win yet we're clearly an inferior side to them. Marshall and Vardy were our main threats but none of the others caused them enough problems for my liking. We weren't clinical in the final 3rd and considering we dominated possession for the most part didn't create as many chances as we should.

We passed the ball nicely but lacked individualism, especially from the central midfield. Marshall but in many a good cross that weren't converted.

Dyer is pointless, had a typical game today where he got lots of the ball in space out wide, and wasted it almost every time.

Nugent was anonymous, as were King and Drinkwater for much of the second half. Beckford looked a donkey when he came on sadly.

The defence is what really worries me. Moore and Konchesky were very poor and cover is limited.

But we deserved to win because we took the game to them, and in general play were the better team.

We've got some promise but at the moment, lack too much in certain key areas to look like a promotion team.

Good result though and I'm glad we've upset that moaning little elf.

Beckford looked a threat apart from his shooting today. Got in good positions as his touch was top.

Like a pea shooter with no spitballs of paper.

He's not good enough. Einstein once said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Some of our fans are mental.

That said, great touch to bring the ball down for the one he shinned straight out of play.

Thought it was a top notch performance, we were fast tempo which I like to see, passed well and defended well

Nervous end but a win is a win, team should be proud of their work today, and all the Pearson haters can sit down and shut up again.

Says it all, now give Pearson 18 months them judge him

It was a strange game. We deserved to win yet we're clearly an inferior side to them. Marshall and Vardy were our main threats but none of the others caused them enough problems for my liking. We weren't clinical in the final 3rd and considering we dominated possession for the most part didn't create as many chances as we should.

We passed the ball nicely but lacked individualism, especially from the central midfield. Marshall but in many a good cross that weren't converted.

Dyer is pointless, had a typical game today where he got lots of the ball in space out wide, and wasted it almost every time.

Nugent was anonymous, as were King and Drinkwater for much of the second half. Beckford looked a donkey when he came on sadly.

The defence is what really worries me. Moore and Konchesky were very poor and cover is limited.

But we deserved to win because we took the game to them, and in general play were the better team.

We've got some promise but at the moment, lack too much in certain key areas to look like a promotion team.

Moore was poor? Did you go to a different game?

First and foremost great result off the back of a horror show.Played some good football today, could have gone either way but some well deserved luck for a change.

Beckfords cameo displayed a lack of confidence which is hardly surprising,poor pass at the end when two on one,decent pass would have wrapped it up.

Holloway was pissed as he thought we hand balled it at the end in the pen area,long may we continue to be his bogey team!!

Not for me, Moore played well at centre back and did ok at right-back, while I thought Konchesky was back to his consistent best, got absolutely skinned once but apart from that he played well.

Got back about 20 mins ago.

Thought it was a top notch performance, we were fast tempo which I like to see, passed well and defended brilliantly.

Morgan and Moore look a solid partnership, St Ledger and Moore should be pleased that they were able to contend Ince, thought Schlupp was excellent when he came on, one of the best substitute performances by a Leicester player in a long time.

Marshall dangerous, King and Drinkwater actually seem to be a settled midfield which is good to see, Vardy and Nugent putting their bodies about.

Just back from the game and pleased with what I saw. Some observations from today's game:

1) That didn't look like a team who have lost faith in their manager. They put in a real shift, all of them, and fully deserved the win.

2) People who have slagged Pearson's signings will have some food for thought after that performance. Wes was MOM (again), Marshall scored the goal, Vardy caused the B'Pool defence all sorts of probs and DD looked very assured in CM.

3) Partnerships are forming: Nuge / Vardy, Kingy / DD, Wes & Moore and that bodes well.

4) IMHO we still need another striker. When all's said and done it took a terrible penalty decision for us to score. Would we have scored from open play? We were bossing it but we still look profligate up front.

5) The pen should never have been, I don't know how it looked on TV but I was in line with it and the people around me barely reacted. However (again, correct me of TV proves I'm wrong) from where I was sat I was 99% sure that Crainey was playing all 3 of our attackers on side when we broke - that might well have been a goal.

6) He tried hard but any Hudd fans watching Beck's attempts at shooting must be breathing a sigh of relief about now!

* Oh and although I had extremely low expectations, I thought the atmosphere wasn't too bad at the KP today even if the attendance was poor.

Thought we carried on from the good performance against Blackburn, Still not putting away our chances but at least the team has tightened up in the defence.

We played a team on top form and dominated a lot of the match although road our luck at times but overall you can't complain. Marshalls delivery is excellent though Dyer was a passanager at times and sometimes we lacked the quality or decison making to maybe get another goal or two.

Typical Holloway at the end.

Under 21 is the reserve league 3 over aged players can play.

SSL was subbed for schlupp for tactical reasons we were getting done for pace on the flanks, so schlupp and Moore went full back, and konch moved to the middle.

I said before the game that Schlupp should start in place of Konch, to counter their speedy threat on the wings. I think he could develop into a great LB - his speed is always there for overlapping runs or sudden bursts up the inside, which could disconcert the opposition. I'm not convinced yet, though, that he might not still have a future as a winger/striker; he has shown a clinical finishing ability in flashes, can hold up the ball, etc; just hasn't progressed in this area as much as expected over the last year - maybe due to lack of opportunity.

I think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed sir. Moore gave a strong, determined and mature performance. He played very well.

Like a pea shooter with no spitballs of paper.

He's not good enough. Einstein once said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Some of our fans are mental.

That said, great touch to bring the ball down for the one he shinned straight out of play.

I'm afraid after today ( and since the start of the season to be honest) my uturn on Beckford has already done a full 360 degree.

I think I was probably right in the first place.

I was willing him to do well and still am, if he stays here. But I just can't see it.

His first shot was woeful and how he didn't play Vardy in to run through on goal I'll never know.

He just looked like he was trying too hard, which isn't something to be knocked but he's gotta get some composure from somewhere.

I guess yesterday can't have helped him.

Archived