Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilbo

Wolves Away - Pre-match

There is another thread but that was so early considering it was started about an hour after the Blackpool game.

I'd give Knockaert a go ahead of Dyer, bring De Laet back and set up differently to start the game. This is my 4-2-3-1 idea which I've posted a couple of times, offering the balance between defence and attack, especially for away games. Marshall is playing behind, with Vardy wide left because of his workrate, pace and ability to beat defenders and create opportunities.

Kasper

De Laet -- Morgan -- Moore -- Konchesky

King -- Drinkwater

Knockaert -- Marshall -- Vardy

Nugent

Subs: St Ledger, James, Danns, Dyer, Schlupp Beckford, Futacs

Can see a loss here sadly. Wolves in need of a pick me up and last season is still fresh in the mind where we didn't win 2 in a row til March. We concede too many sloppy goals away and there always seems to be a hard luck story.

If we take the game to them like we did against Blackpool we can win but we must be more clinical in the final 3rd.

Same team for me knocky will start against Burnley, tough away game is not the best place to make your first league start easy home tie is.

Only possible change is whitbread in for Moore, but again I think more likely for the burnley game expect him to be on the bench and come on at some point if we are struggling at the back.

I think we'll win but then I always do, wolves have done little yet to suggest they will be a force this season, no idea who their manager is, lost some decent players over the summer.

This will be a 1-1 draw.

I'd be tempted to start Futacs and another central midfielder as we're too easy to pick off away from

home, but Nigel will stick with 4-4-2.

I'd like to see

Schmeichel

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

Drinkwater

King

James

Marshall

Futacs

Knockaert/Vardy

Subs: Nugent, Beckford, Dyer, Whitbread, Logan, Vardy/Knockaert, SSL

I suspect St Ledger will be the CB sub as he's now completed 2 90 minute games for the Irish with Whitbread will probably be playing for the U21s on Friday night.

Archived