Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Dross in our squad?

We all know that our squad is capable of blitzing anyone in this league on its day.

We just need to go out and prove it. Players are here for the ride and its time they started pulling their weight around more. How we can have 20 odd shots today and score one is a joke.

and Kasper, our player of the season?

We all know that our squad is capable of blitzing anyone in this league on its day.

We just need to go out and prove it. Players are here for the ride and its time they started pulling their weight around more. How we can have 20 odd shots today and score one is a joke.

and Kasper, our player of the season?

Kasper and King on their day yes I agree

Take away Vardy and add Beckford and King and Drinkwater?

Drinky is already on my original list buddy

I've said before and will say it again.

I think we have a squad of quite average players.

King isn't as great as people think he is.

Ben Marshall has lots to learn.

Vardy looks talented, but raw.

Compared to quite a few of the squads this season we are mediocre at present.

We needed more quality over the summer. We didn't get it. We must now somehow get the best out of what we have.

But it's average I'm afraid.

The only player today who looked like he had the footballing brain to bring the ball down and slot it through to the oncoming strikers was Knocky. He strikes me as a player who has been schooled in a different way. He can keep the ball at feet, look up and play the correct ball at the correct time. And he doesn't automatically look to get the ball out wide at his earliest opportunity.

Everybody else looked like merely a mediocre Championship side. Which I think we probably are.

Without having the ability to put any sort of run together home and away, we will finish outside the play offs.

We needed more quality over the summer. We didn't get it. We must now somehow get the best out of what we have.

The only player today who looked like he had the footballing brain to bring the ball down and slot it through to the oncoming strikers was Knocky. He strikes me as a player who has been schooled in a different way. He can keep the ball at feet, look up and play the correct ball at the correct time. And he doesn't automatically look to get the ball out wide at his earliest opportunity.

Everybody else looked like merely a mediocre Championship side. Which I think we probably are.

Without having the ability to put any sort of run together home and away, we will finish outside the play offs.

Spot on Col

yeah, pretty much this.

What has Waghorn done to you, to make you like him so much?

Did he buy you a nando's or something?

I was a big fan during his loan spell, I like that he works hard, I think he's a good player with a lot of potential and I think that he genuinley cares about playing football. That doesn't mean that I think he's 'quality' or that he should even be starting games (because for the moment I'd have Vardy/Nugent ahead of him for the most part). I know not dissmissing players based on one or two seasons when they're missused or injured must be an extraordinary concept for you, someone who rights off players before they've even signed, but some of us like to give them at least a full season of football before making judgements.

whilst i very much agree, people need to realise that the change from average to quality cannot happen in one transfer window and 1 pre-season.

marshall, drinkwater, morgan, knocky and king appear to be on many peoples list of players who have quality, and isnt it ironic that they are the same people who want NP out, they are his signings/ bought them into the team in terms of king.

We do need to replace the likes of beckford, dyer, gally, wellens, konchesky (yes he scored a good goal, but defensively has been poor this season and isnt getting any younger).

If during january and the summer NP invested in the likes of le fondre, Jerome thomas, james henry, liam trotter and jack hobbs would we complain??? no, because these players, based on perfomances at their own clubs would all improve our squad, and would more than likely make the first team.

Would we complain if we lined up the start of next season with....

---------------------------------kasper---------------------------------

de laet-----------morgan----------------Hobbs-----------------new left back

Marshall---------Drinky-----------------Trotter------------------Jerome Thomas

--------------------Le Fondre------------Nugent-----------------------------

Then you have - whitbread, moore, St ledger, king, futacs, vardy, james.

The squad we have this season and the performances we have produced is a lot better than last year.

Why we all expect to go to wolves and win i will never know, i would have 8/9 of their first team players in our first team, ebanks blake, doyle, henry, doumbia, sako. ward, stearman, berra and johnson.

We know our squad does not have the quality or depth of at least 4-5 squads in this league, and NP is continuing to address that, which takes time. Doing it all in1 pre-season like last year would totally have ruined our slim chances of promotion this season, and we would have had a year of disjointed performances again.

I think we are all more frustrated this year because we are actually playing well enough to have had at least 4 wins if not 5, and we all need to settle down and accept that teams in our league have better players than us, and when that happens there isnt a lot you can do.

Archived