Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dmayne7

Pearson telling Stringer exactly how he feels

Guest MattP

Pearson has been asked constantly by Stringer about his job being under threat recently even though he has said he won't comment and he knows nothing of any job insecurity. Of course Stringer's irritating him, wouldn't you be?

This, I'm surprised Pearson hasn't twatted him yet, always get the feeling Stringer wants to wind him up.

The story this week should have been treated with contempt it deserves, Stringer wanted to make something out of it.

Shame he's not so hot and inquisitive on asking awkward questions when it comes to finances when interviewing people higher up at the club.

From where I stand, they don't like eachother. They both reapect eachother though and the fact they both have jobs to do. Stringer gets much better access to players, facilities etc than a lot of journos do so he's going to be arrogant at times just needs to cut out the random insults and cutting callers down mid sentence and let them finish before kicking off, even when they are talking utter crap!

I don't think Pearson respects Stringer at all. It certainly doesn't come across that way to me. I can't say I'm too bothered either way.

Stringer’s been interviewing NP long enough to know that he won’t comment on press speculation, so it’s a futile exercise - It just serves to exacerbate the situation. I get the impression that Stringer is rather nervous when interviewing NP and, as such, tends to elongate his questions by injecting his own opinion, or asking inane questions generally.

2nw074k.jpg

Brilliant, you can even see Pearson applauding some smart ass comment Stringer has said just before he unleashes his beating stick on the back of his head

(BTW Stringer if your reading this well done for asking Pearson about the Redknapp rumour!)

Kudos to Stringer for asking questions, yes. I remember when he first came it was a breath of fresh air that he actually asked more than your bog standard question (in contrast to previous BBC Radio Leicester journalists who would toe the line), but there needs to be some filtering by common sense. What is the point in asking Pearson about speculation about his job? What are we going to learn by rubbing it in his face? How does it help anything?

It doesn't. All it serves to do is give greater exposure to rumours which are clearly, in best interests of Leicester City, best left to die a death.

I'm not as opposed to Stringer as others, but to me he can also be a 'minor irritant' because he always seems keen for the scoop, the exclusive, the inside word. But at times it's embarrasing (lest we not forget he is working for local radio not The Sun), and no doubt counter productive too. He'd learn far more if he asked questions that were worth answering than bugging Pearson with nonsense like this. Is he so stupid that he can't see why he gets a stonewall every time?!

What does he really expect Pearson to say?

The deterioration in their relationship is embarassing. It's embarassing for the club, for BBC Radio Leicester and the both of them. But I know who I sympathise with. The one asking the stupid little questions trying to delve into everything and anything? Or the one quietly going about his business in a professional manner and refusing to entertain this fool? No brainer. Keep rebuffing him Nigel!

Asking the Manager about speculation about his tenure is poor, especially when it is based on a article with no quotes or substance.

To ask NP this question is meant to annoy. This question belongs to the Owners or the CEO. If Stringer is the hard hitting journalist he thinks he is, why isnt he getting quotes from the owners about this speculation? Wouldn't they be the directly involved in negotiating with a new manager or his agent?

Stringer is just causing mischief asking Pearson. No excuse. You want a story about Redknapp and LCFC, ask the guys at the top.

Do your job.

I think it's a bit of both. Clearly they're not the best of mates but I think there's a mutual appreciation that they have to put up with each other so their whole relationship is based on banter that also has some truth in it.

They're both just doing a job at the end of the day, there are easier interviews than Nigel Pearson for a journalist but it's understandable that Stringer would annoy him. Like all journalists he likes ruffling feathers and making things controversial whilst hiding behind his job title and claiming he's just a man of the people 'searching for the truth'.

And like most journalists he's shit scared of Nigel Fvcking Pearson.

I doubt you've ever spoken with Stringer on a personal basis so precisely what grounds you've got for making such assumptiously derogatory remarks i've no idea.

Stringer has his job title and as such has certain responsibilities to fulfil.

How that amounts to "hiding" I don't know and I wonder if you'd make the same disparaging remarks about war correspondents whose method of "hiding" is to put their lives on the line in places like Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria to "ruffle feathers" and get the news out as best they can.

Quite why any such people should be "shit scared" of Nigel Pearson perhaps you can explain but I've no evidence that Stringer is any more scared of him than taking a bath.

And even if he is concerned - perhaps for his job or access to the ground if the club should take offence to his questioning - I don't see that gives you the right to be so disrespect to him or to "most journalists" given that you don't know the first thing about any of them and I doubt you'd find it any easier to cope with the situation than they do.

In my opinion as another person has said, there is a mutual respect between each other.

NP has said before that he respects what Stringer has to do, but that doesnt mean he should answer any questions set.

What I will say is that Stringer is asking the Redknapp question to the wrong person, NP is hardly gonna turn around and say 'he had an interview last week and will be in charge after the Huddersfield game'.

He should let NP get on with his preparation for the game against Huddersfield, Stringer knew what type of response he would have gotten, so in my eyes it was a waste of a question and everybody's time.

Archived