Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dmayne7

Pearson telling Stringer exactly how he feels

Stringer had to ask Pearson about these rumours, it was the third paper that has run tips story in the last 3 weeks. He didn't ask it very professionally, and I think that is what pisses np off, if you have a question just ask it.

The other thing I have noticed is that Pearson tends to answer things that haven't been asked. What that 'the only thing we have in common is that we are Marmite' comment has to do with anything stringer said is beyond me.

I'm starting to wonder if Pearson is going a bit deaf.

I doubt you've ever spoken with Stringer on a personal basis so precisely what grounds you've got for making such assumptiously derogatory remarks i've no idea.

Stringer has his job title and as such has certain responsibilities to fulfil.

How that amounts to "hiding" I don't know and I wonder if you'd make the same disparaging remarks about war correspondents whose method of "hiding" is to put their lives on the line in places like Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria to "ruffle feathers" and get the news out as best they can.

Quite why any such people should be "shit scared" of Nigel Pearson perhaps you can explain but I've no evidence that Stringer is any more scared of him than taking a bath.

And even if he is concerned - perhaps for his job or access to the ground if the club should take offence to his questioning - I don't see that gives you the right to be so disrespect to him or to "most journalists" given that you don't know the first thing about any of them and I doubt you'd find it any easier to cope with the situation than they do.

I base my derogatory marks on the manner in which he speaks on the radio. He's often asking stupid questions when he knows it's going to piss Nigel off, purely so he can cause a reaction and read something into a nothing answer. This is what journalists do, they dramatize everything, make stories out of non-stories.

I get that you're an ex in that profession but I don't see why that should make me sympathise with him, even if you do. What situations does Stringer have that are so hard to cope with? He knows the nature of the beast and it pushes him to be an annoying bullshitter at times, but be that as it may he has his own free will and makes himself look a prat now and again.

Yes he's doing a job and I like him in the main, but he still deserves some criticism for the way he goes about his business sometimes. I don't know him as a bloke, but that doesn't mean I can't judge him in the line of work he does.

Journalists often do claim that they are reporting stories for the people, Stringer wants us to believe he's just another supporter who asks the searching questions because the fans want to know - but it's also true that people in his line of work print and say things on air that are complete bullshit - and yes, wind people up with stupid, antagonistic questions. And I don't for one minute think he's not just trying to further his own career when he does these things.

As for him being scared of Nigel, it was a little tongue in cheek but he often tries to back track and make out he was joking, or that he had no choice but to ask the question, when he realises he's touched a nerve. Like I said, Nigel isn't the easiest bloke to interview but lets not make out Stringer is just some poor young bloke who doesn't know what he's doing.

At the end of the day, it's Stringers job. He's not there to make friends with Pearson, he's there to report on Leicester and ask relevant questions.

Some fans want to hear what Pearson has to say on such things, but some don't. You can't please everyone, sadly.

To me the issue with Stringer is the annoying and totally unnecessery comments he adds to the interviews that annoy me and probably Pearson.

" Nigel, you know what question im going to ask next! ( ' no i don't ') " yes you do !"

Just asking the bleeding question , and ask it respectfully you annoying little scroat....

I just want to hear Pearsons simple answer to a simple question. Stringer is trying to make it about him and Nigel... and thats not what he is paid to do...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/harry-redknapp-returning-to-management-leicester-1355055

By Ian Edwards

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson is growing tired of the troublemakers trying to get him sacked to open up the way for Harry Redknapp.

Rumours about Pearson being under pressure from the Championship club's owner Vichai Raksriaksorn have been rife since the start of the season.

Pearson is trying to ignore the talk of Redknapp, sacked by Tottenham at the end of last season, being lined up for a return to football at the Foxes.

“I don’t let things like that worry me too much, but I don’t know who is being mischievous in terms of these stories,†he said. “My job is to get the team ready for another match and to prepare as well as we can.

“It’s a bit of an irritant, but it’s not going to alter how I prepare for the game.â€

Raksriaksorn has axed two managers in Paolo Sousa and Sven Goran Eriksson since buying out Milan Mandaric.

And the Thai tycoon is believed to be getting frustrated again at the way his £60million investment in City has failed to deliver Premier League football.

Pearson was told in no uncertain terms at the end of last term he had to win automatic promotion this time round, after missing out on the play-offs.

Despite lying fifth in the Championship ahead of Tuesday’s trip to­ Huddersfield after four wins in the last five matches, rumours of player unrest and bust-ups with senior squad members such as Jermaine Beckford, Paul Gallagher and Sean St Ledger have started alarm bells ringing with the owners.

Redknapp is working as an unpaid adviser at former club Bournemouth, and has already turned down a chance to take over as their manager.

What a non-event both Stringer and Pearson seemed fine to me!

Pearson said the story was a minor irritant not Stringer!

Managers need to manage a team not be a media darling, Sir Alex treatment of the media hasn’t been great over the years but he’s done ok!

Steve McLaren was a PR men’s dream for England and look what a pile of crap he’s tenure turn out to be!

As long as NP is delivering I couldn’t give a stuff!

My only view on this is that the media are usually to blame for things occurring because they report (and to a point scaremonger) stories that otherwise wouldnt see the light of day so much.

Whipping people into a frenzy based on some pretty lazy journalism on a slow news day only adds more smoke to where there probably ain't a fire.

Don't fall for it

What I can't stand these days is managers and players being 'interviewed' by the media. They aren't being interviewed at all.

They could literally have a sheet of paper in front of them whilst they reel off a pre-determined patter, saying next to nothing. Sven was one of the biggest proponents of this. Time after time I'd hear Sven being interviewed both in the England job and at Leicester and be left thinking 'what was he REALLY feeling about the performance, the players, the tactics etc'?

He could have been an automaton, programmed to come up with a series of stock replies.

I love hearing Pearson. He keeps Stringer on his toes and sighs quite frequently, as if he's telling Stringer to 'shut the Fook up'. Pearson doesn't make many excuses and I think, tells it how it is.

Very refreshing IMO and some of his responses to Stringer makes me piss miself.

http://www.mirror.co...icester-1355055

By Ian Edwards

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson is growing tired of the troublemakers trying to get him sacked to open up the way for Harry Redknapp.

Rumours about Pearson being under pressure from the Championship club's owner Vichai Raksriaksorn have been rife since the start of the season.

Pearson is trying to ignore the talk of Redknapp, sacked by Tottenham at the end of last season, being lined up for a return to football at the Foxes.

“I don’t let things like that worry me too much, but I don’t know who is being mischievous in terms of these stories,†he said. “My job is to get the team ready for another match and to prepare as well as we can.

“It’s a bit of an irritant, but it’s not going to alter how I prepare for the game.â€

Raksriaksorn has axed two managers in Paolo Sousa and Sven Goran Eriksson since buying out Milan Mandaric.

And the Thai tycoon is believed to be getting frustrated again at the way his £60million investment in City has failed to deliver Premier League football.

Pearson was told in no uncertain terms at the end of last term he had to win automatic promotion this time round, after missing out on the play-offs.

Despite lying fifth in the Championship ahead of Tuesday’s trip to­ Huddersfield after four wins in the last five matches, rumours of player unrest and bust-ups with senior squad members such as Jermaine Beckford, Paul Gallagher and Sean St Ledger have started alarm bells ringing with the owners.

Redknapp is working as an unpaid adviser at former club Bournemouth, and has already turned down a chance to take over as their manager.

So just another excuse to trot out the same old crap, that is why NP doesn't want to comment on it, and where has this, promotion is a must bollocks from the Thais come from, can anyone remember that being said?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/harry-redknapp-returning-to-management-leicester-1355055

By Ian Edwards

When has he ever fell out with Gally? More likely that Gally fell out with our boo boys!

St Ledger? Thats well in the past now!

I left a comment on the Mail's messageboard ripping their article to shreds though it never got posted!

Think that probably means there is some substance to it to be fair to stringer

Depends on why the offer was declined/if a reason was given. Stringer isn't telling us that, he's just trying to keep this story going because it'll get them listeners.

Think that probably means there is some substance to it to be fair to stringer

Or they don't want to add further fuel to the fire, if the make a statement then the story gets re-printed again, much like it did when NP was asked to comment on it by Stringer.

Interesting that Paul Jewell came out and said Redknapp contacted him and said there was no truth in the Ipswich rumours, I wonder if he did the same with NP, especially as the link has been much stronger between Redknapp and us, than him and Ipswich.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/harry_redknapp_phones_paul_jewell_over_ipswich_town_job_1_1532075

If he had contacted NP, do you think he would have said anything like Jewell did, or just keep schtum, content that he knows his job is safe, and let the press make fools of themselves printing this crap, and in turn making the fans stew.

I'd like Redknapp here, it would be good as a director of football or a different role, but I'd definitely keep Pearson though

Why? he's a bit of an illusion to me. After initial suuccess he saw Bournemouth down and, later, Southampton too. He had short-term success in what proved a house of straw at Portsmouth and did sod-all with a brilliant opportunity to achieve things at Spurs because his mind got distracted and seemingly not for the first time judging by his record at West Ham.

Right or wrong I don't like him and I wouldn't trust him.

And, while everyone's sidestepping the issue, l'd still like to know if our owners have been going behind our manager's back and sounding out an alternative - whether through third parties or anyone else.

Cos if so I'd like an explanation for their deceit and disloyalty.

I actually wonder if they deserve Pearson at all because, whatever we might have thought about the bloke's management over the years, he's always come across as someone who tells the truth and represents a decent set of values. Not that i necessarily expect anyone to defend values these days.

Pearson doesn't need a director of football. Our football is being directed just fine and I wish the owners would either give the support necessary or just sod off and run their shops. they've alread made enough mistakes and pearson wasn't to blame for any of them.

What i'd like to read from the owners of our club:-

"In view of continued unsettling debate we would like to make it 100% clear that at no time this season have we - or anyone else on our behalf - approached Harry Rednapp or any other potential candidate to replace Nigel Pearson as our manager.

"We are more than pleased with the progress of our football club on the pitch at each and every level and would wish to reassure Mr Pearson and his staff that we hope and believe that will be the case throughout the current season and well beyond."

If they cannot release such a statement then I'd have to question their honour and integrity because there has to be some source to the Rednapp story and i'd like to know what it is.

"In view of continued unsettling debate we would like to make it 100% clear that at no time this season have we - or anyone else on our behalf - approached Harry Rednapp or any other potential candidate to replace Nigel Pearson as our manager.

"We are more than pleased with the progress of our football club on the pitch at each and every level and would wish to reassure Mr Pearson and his staff that we hope and believe that will be the case throughout the current season and well beyond."

If they cannot release such a statement then I'd have to question their honour and integrity because there has to be some source to the Rednapp story and i'd like to know what it is.

I'd prefer them to just say .........

HERRRRROOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

But if they do the story is kept alive,

"Leicester owners deny link to Redknapp, despite weeks of speculation the owners of Leicester City football club finally made a statement, denying any contact had been had with Harry Redknapp, the best English manager in the world, and that unsurprisingly they were still backing the current manager. They have given NP the dreaded vote of confidence, and refused to comment on whether they would approach Redknapp should the managerial position become vacant, all they would say is that they have a lot of respect for a man with Redknapp's record in English football, and they don't expect him to be out of work for very long. Read into that what you will, Harry refused to be drawn directly on the speculation, but said that he had a lot of respect for the "Thai revolution" at the King Power stadium, and would seriously consider any firm offers made to him from Leicester City, or any other clubs, the odds on Harry's next club being Leicester have been shortened dramatically overnight."

I don't care if they have said it in public all I care is that they said it to NP, by the sounds of it he is not concerned by this speculation, so I am not either.

Archived