Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Connor Wickham - in on loan?

As I said in the match thread, we're a striker away from potentially dominating the league, whether it is Wickham or someone else. Vardy is lacking confidence and is wasting many opportunities.. and we're not going to get much from Waghorn, Schlupp and Futacs it's a waste just having those 3 on the bench. A quality striker could be the difference between automatic and playoffs.

Good player but again seems similar to what we have. Though Nuge is banging them in right now, he's often one to score the spectacular goals rather than the tap ins. Not sure that Wickham fits into the poacher/goal-hanger style but would happily take him.

We do need a quality striker to come in now and complement what we have, with the departures out on loan of Beckford, Gallagher and with Waggy and Futacs only being back up and not able to displace Nugent and Vardy we need to add a little more quality to the bench so our strikeforce has some better competition for places.

Good player but again seems similar to what we have. Though Nuge is banging them in right now, he's often one to score the spectacular goals rather than the tap ins. Not sure that Wickham fits into the poacher/goal-hanger style but would happily take him.

How can we get Yakubu back?

What happened to trimming our squad? This would dent the team morale and confidence of our current strikeforce. Give it time and it it's necessary then sign him up but I don't think so. We have plenty of options as it is. I say we should be knocking on the doors come January if we're still up there in the table to bolster our squad for the long term.

Edit: I misread the "on loan" bit. Apologies :D

Assume you've completely missed us loaning out Wellens, Beckford & Gallagher then?

As for this I'd be very happy, another very strong option, always thought he was a little over-rated at Ipswich but he did actually play a blinder against us, he was everywhere.

Wickham's scored 14 goals in 81 games - how does that make him a class act? Or even any better than what we already have?

It's not 100% about goals, even for a forward. But I must admit I'm surprised his record is that poor.

Lets be honest. The thought of getting Connor Wickham at the club a year or so ago would have been very exciting. I'm not sure now cos for a young player to develop he must be playing.

And I wouldn't drop Vardy at present.

With you there Col, IMO Vardy has made a big step up very well and certainly doesn't look out of place! He works very hard and is getting in the right positions frequently,he's scored 3 league and one cup goal and unlucky not to have a couple more. Only slight criticism is he needs to be a little more selfish but think he will continue getting better and better with him and Nuge linking up well already.

With you there Col, IMO Vardy has made a big step up very well and certainly doesn't look out of place! He works very hard and is getting in the right positions frequently,he's scored 3 league and one cup goal and unlucky not to have a couple more. Only slight criticism is he needs to be a little more selfish but think he will continue getting better and better with him and Nuge linking up well already.

I agree mate. For me, the ONLY reason to get young Wickham in would be if he was going to be starting over Vardy.

These younger players will only ever get better when they are playing football matches. Schlupp for example, is a case in point. If this kid isn't getting some game time soon his development, at a crucial time, will start to suffer. I've seen it happen with so many young players at City that simply can't break through into the first team, then move on somewhere else and kick start their footballing careers.

There is no point, IMO anyway, in taking Wickham here and then not playing him regularly.

4/5 strikers is enough, so if this happened I'd want one to be loaned out. Also think he's no better than what we already have.

I think Schlupp will be deployed as a left winger now rather than a CF. That would leave us with Nuge, Vardy, Waggers, Futacs, Wickham which is a very good mix and gives us different options

Archived