Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Connor Wickham - in on loan?

lets not forget we still have Jermaine Beckford..

I hope we get a good price for him in January, never disliked the guy but he doesn't figure in our plans. Would much rather have someone that will be a key figure for our team.

I don't think Wickham should be judged solely on his goalscoring record. He's a player in the Heskey mould - big, strong guy who can create space for others. He gives us another high quality option which would be good.

My brother in law is a big Ipswich fan and raves about him. The Ipswich forward line has certainly been much less effective since his departure. He's desperately hoping the rumour isn't true!

Wonder IF he does join, will Waggy / Futacs be loaned out?

The point of futacs is simple - he offers us a completly different option than anything else we have at the club.

The fact we have not yet had to revert to the 'futacs option' ( which i would expect to be very direct late in a game most likely away from home) should be considered a testament to how well the first 11 are playing not an indication of how bad Futacs is...

Not really sure of a new striker on loan unless the belief is that the current back up players are not up to getting us through until January and I would rather see Schlupp get a chance than someone else's player. I personally would rather see a defender added, especially if SSL is going to be missing for any length of time.

It would seem that NP may see Schlupp not so much as a back up striker, but cover for left wing or left back. That would mean Waghorn and Fuctacs are the sub strikers.

Wait until january sell Beckford even though I want him to stay he looks like he has no future here anymore! Then use that cash to bring in Charlie Austin he is what we lack ATM!

12 goals in 9 games is impressive, but there's no guarentee he's not just going through a purple patch - he scored 16 last season, that makes him about the same level as Nugent and Beckford.

He'd cost us an absolute fortune too. I'm sure that if we're struggling for goals in January, we'll be looking at much more cost effective targets.

12 goals in 9 games is impressive, but there's no guarentee he's not just going through a purple patch - he scored 16 last season, that makes him about the same level as Nugent and Beckford.

He'd cost us an absolute fortune too. I'm sure that if we're struggling for goals in January, we'll be looking at much more cost effective targets.

I would say he's a natural finisher which we lack! And would cost probs about 3m we would get at least 1.5m for Beckford!

I would say he's a natural finisher which we lack! And would cost probs about 3m we would get at least 1.5m for Beckford!

Where's the evidence of that? Yes, he's having a good season, but in his last season in the Championship he scored 16, which is good, but it's no better than Nugent and Beckford really. I doubt we'd get him for anywhere near £3 million either, transfer prices are crazy in the Championship now - Burnley sold Jay Rodriguez for about £7m during the summer, you think they're going to let their best striker go for a couple of million to a promotion rival? It'd just be like the Maynard thing, a long protracted waste of time.

I'd rather we went for someone like Max Clayton, young with a bit of potential, rather than wasting millions. To be honest, I'm more than happy with what we've got at the minute.

Where's the evidence of that? Yes, he's having a good season, but in his last season in the Championship he scored 16, which is good, but it's no better than Nugent and Beckford really. I doubt we'd get him for anywhere near £3 million either, transfer prices are crazy in the Championship now - Burnley sold Jay Rodriguez for about £7m during the summer, you think they're going to let their best striker go for a couple of million to a promotion rival? It'd just be like the Maynard thing, a long protracted waste of time.

I'd rather we went for someone like Max Clayton, young with a bit of potential, rather than wasting millions. To be honest, I'm more than happy with what we've got at the minute.

With three months to go, I'm beating myself up for even thinking about Jan transfer windows, but it could be very interesting. Especially if we maintain our current form / position. NP is a pragmatist and he might well feel that if he misses out on promotion this season, it could be his last transfer window here. If, (huge word), that is the case, I wonder if he'll be looking to maximise his opportunities with a more established name ? Not just his 'opportunities' in terms of sealing promotion, but maximise his opportunities with relatively limited transfer funds. Presumably, he won't want to buy someone in January and then have to replace them 6 months later IF, (there's that word again), he hits the jackpot and lands a promotion. Also, if we are looking good in January, we become a significantly more appealing proposition to players and their agents.

Anyone on here with a good memory know who the most "established" player is that he has ever bought during his career as a manager ??

I am intrigued as to what Nigel will do.

Nearly top, playing some lovely football.

Will he spend money in Jan and go for it, to cement our already strong looking squad with a couple of really good additions? Or will he stick with mainly what we have and hope its enough.

It will be an interesting transfer window I would suspect because it looks as though we may have a better shout this year than we've had in ages.

Futacs was brought in for giving us a different option, if he is good enough he will get his chance because it is going to be a long season.

At some point we will vary our play so teams do not figure us out and we keep them guessing.

In January i think we will make more signings to strengthen the squad whilst players who are surplus will be moved on.

He's proved himself at this level as we well know but id prefer someone who has had more action time than him. With waggy & futacs performing for then 21's i think they would slot in well if nuge/vardy got injured. I think NP needs to concentrate on getting an established left back as im constantly nurvous when koncheski is on the ball or someone is running at him...im sure im not the only one who also feels this squeaky bum time in the crowd iether!

Archived