Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting news topics.

This could be painful............lol

If you drank like this every week, in a year you would consume:
beer.png
pints
wine.png
glasses of wine
spirits.png
shots
Your drinking habits are unlike the average from any country.

But your closest match on overall consumption alone is Belarus, the heaviest-drinking country in the world.

Step aside 'a boy named Jack/Melissa'.

Mother who had to give up work due to cancer says she can feed a family on £30 a week and still shop at Wairose and M&S. (and still afford a Gucci bag)

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/547062/Mother-feeds-family-just-30-a-week-slams-benefits-scroungers

on £30 a week for food shopping i could live comfortably. M+S or no. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hilarious, our current prime minister after being elected last year reintroduced "Sirs and Dames".  This was absurd enough, but today he trumped himself and i think has probably trolled the entire australian public.

In the Australia/Invasion day honours list he has made the most insne decision EVER.... you cant possibly guess who he has made a "sir"

lol lol he has made... lol lol Prince Phillip... yes the one married to your (and our) queen... i mean  :frantics:  :doh:

Best troll EVA

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/is-it-april-fools-day-social-media-reacts-to-prince-philips-knighthood-20150126-12y0y2.html

lol

Prince Phillip is actually worshiped as a god by a tribe in one of those small Pacific Islands.

If I'm ever a bit down I read some of his gaffes to cheer me up.

The Aussies love the English,

You might find it quite strange

'Cos we sent them all down under, with only balls and chains'

And when they see the English, they always shout and scream

But when they had the chance to vote they voted for the queen!

A judge in the French city of Valenciennes has told a couple they cannot call their baby daughter Nutella, because it "is the trade name of a spread".

While this may seem like sound reasoning to most, the long list of titles forbidden in other countries across the globe contains some far more surprising and outlandish examples.

:: Mafia No Fear, New Zealand

In 2013, New Zealand's births, deaths and marriages department released a list of banned names, including Majesty, Queen Victoria, Lucifer and Mafia No Fear.

One child was set to be called Anal before the Department of Internal Affairs vetoed the proposal, while another narrowly avoided being dubbed '.' or full stop. Other names on the list included 4Real and V8.

A court in the country also ordered a parent who named their baby girl 'Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii' to rename her nine years later.

:: Blaer, Iceland

Blaer Bjarkardottir, 15, was told in she could not officially use her name because it did not appear on Iceland's Personal Names Register, a list of 1,712 male names and 1,853 female ones.

A court later ruled she could keep the name.

:: Bjørn, Norway

Synonymous with Scandinavia, largely thanks to Abba, the name Bjørn - which means bear - is among Norway's most popular.

But, given its animal link, it was controversially placed on an official list of forbidden titles - before being removed after a public outcry.

:: Superman, Venezuela

Venezuela's National Electoral Council drafted a Bill in 2007 banning names that expose children "to ridicule, are extravagant or difficult to pronounce", after a check of voter rolls revealed two people called 'Superman'.

:: Anus, Denmark

Denmark is among a number of countries that provides an official list of monikers, in this case numbering around 7,000, which parents can choose from.

Rejected names in the past have included Anus and Monkey.

:: Saddam Hussein, Brazil

If you had ever thought of moving to Brazil, entering into a relationship with one of the country's 204 million inhabitants and naming your son after the late Iraqi despot, think again.

According to Laura and Geoff King's book Brilliant Baby Names, doing so is not permitted.

:: Robocop, Mexico

Mexican state Sonora banned a lengthy list of names in 2014, such as Scrotum, Terminator, Burger King and Virgin.

While Germany has surprisingly never explicitly forbidden parents from naming their children after the country's infamous Nazi leader, Hitler is also on the list issued in Sonora.

:: Osama Bin Laden

In 2002, a Turkish couple living in Germany attempted to register their newborn with the Al Qaeda leader's name.

A court ruling, enforcing the country's law that states names must not ridicule the child or be offensive, left the pair disappointed.

:: Tom, Portugal

Among the more unlikely prohibited monikers, Tom falls victim to Portugal's ban on nicknames on birth certificates.

:: Megane Renaud

A French family was told it was not allowed to call their daughter Megane Renaud in 2000, with a court ruling it sounded too similar to the Renault Megane car.

Bloke sells Boba Fett figure for £18,000

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-31025514

Crushingly, I too own that very Boba Fett figure.  Mine isn't in the original packaging of course, so is probably worth the £1.50 it would have retailed for originally (and I paid for it in the Co-op on the High Street), but personally I wouldn't swap the fun I had playing with it (the figure) for 18,000 quid.

I'm just going to stare into space for a bit

Chapel Hill Murders

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-31449973

This is very interesting. There hasn't been a media uproar, so people are complaining. LBC made the argument that there are 30 murders a day in the US, and because this wasn't done in the name of religion, the victims religion is irrelevant. 

The murderer is an atheist, and says it happened over a parking spot. Which is ridiculous in itself. But should these murders get more press than the other 27 murders just because the victims were Muslim?

If a Muslim killed three atheist students, but didn't do it 'in the name of religion' would it have received more press? Probably.