Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ilkeston_Fox

Bolton Post Match

For all this talk of needing goalscorers, and I do get it, this is the first game in which we've failed to score all season.

We even put two away in the debacle against Burton; things can't be that disastrous.

They aren't.

We just love to criticise and belittle our own whilst building up and fawning over players at other clubs (often much lower down).

All a bit delusional on here tonight for me....realistically 1 point in 9 and being four points better than this stage last season is a bit crap for all the shite some of us have had to put up with about the second coming - still underwhelmed I'm afraid

I know.

But that 1 point is more than you predicted before the game though.

Ok, not a disaster and encouraging but the point is that with a decent striker or, dare I say it, two decent strikers we would be winning games like this and others by 2/3/4 goals. Until we get a decent strike force we will struggle to finish in the top 4.

All a bit delusional on here tonight for me....realistically 1 point in 9 and being four points better than this stage last season is a bit crap for all the shite some of us have had to put up with about the second coming - still underwhelmed I'm afraid

Why not look at the bigger picture?!

We've taken 20 points from the last 30. Which correct me if I'm wrong, is automatic promotion form.

Mind you, I guess that doesn't suit your negative outlook.

We should beat the RedShite with ease but no game in this league is easy, as testament to this division, what I will be hoping for is us to be on our A game if we are we should win. I wonder if we will go back into the loan window for a LB?

For some reason I expected RDL to have a Manchester accent.

I had no idea he was actually proper Belgian.

Having said that you can here the Manc accent coming through. Bit like how jan Molby had that scouse twang...and Hoolio Geordeo that Newcastle twang.

Our lack of goals is frustrating, we may have scored in every game before tonight, since god knows when but it's usually only 1 goal!

I'm not sure if it's just one finisher we need, I can't tell. Pearson's team at this level are never prolific scorers and we might just have to put up with that. It's fine if defensively we're resolute for the majority of the time but we aren't.

Our corners situation is laughable but we have about 2 players over 6 foot in our team so it's not surprising. We either buy some taller players or we change the type of corners we take, it's a waste.

Futacs looked shocking in the air vs Watford, which astounded me and that might be why Pearson doesn't throw him on at the end as there's no point, it's better to have players on who will force our defenders to pass to feet or through the channels, instead of pumping it up to them.

Bolton sounded shit tonight, we've missed a good chance to steal a win but at least we didn't lose.

Lots to work on but we're still improving on last season. Please get some finishers in though Nigel.

He's asking Knockaert to play wide when he doesn't need to, get him behind a striker with Dyer and Marshall or Lindgard as wingers.

lol

Name one club above us, apart from Palace, that looks better than us.

The quality below the top eight is poor. Chill out. We're fine.

Why not look at the bigger picture?!

We've taken 20 points from the last 30. Which correct me if I'm wrong, is automatic promotion form.

Mind you, I guess that doesn't suit your negative outlook.

Which means we took 19 from 21 before the last three games - are you alarmed by the change in fortunes or dos not that suit your positive agenda?

Archived