Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ilkeston_Fox

Bolton Post Match

Thanks. Hopefully he's fine. Did Jesse Lingard come on? I know he was on the bench though. Also, you wouldn't do too bad than to bring in Macheda. He's not good enough for United but he's a good finisher. I'm not sure what the loan rules are though. We've also brought in a Chilean striker this summer, Angelo Henriquez, 18 and he's highly rated. Already made his debut for the Chilean national side. I think he'll need a loan first.

Jesse's Mum was on Facebook, the LCFC site on there yesterday night, late on - commenting about her son coming on at Bolton yesterday!

Just got home from work. Annoyed I couldn't listen to the match.

I'm happy to see we've stopped the rot, and delighted with a clean sheet. I think it's especially encouraging considering it was at a tough, on paper at least, away fixture.

I think it's a big plus that we've now got all the away games at the three relegated PL clubs out of the way. I know these aren't necessarily the most difficult games in the league, but they are the games I would have guessed we'd most likely get nothing from.

Just from reading the comments on here, it looks like it was an improved performance, which I'm glad to hear. Hopefully, the last few performances were just a blip and we can get back to playing how we were before the last international break very soon.

Just back to the land of tartan. Thought we were all over them 1st half, they were lucky to get in 0-0.

They came out strong first 15 mins of second half and we stuck at it and nearly nicked it at the end.

Their Keeper, Bogdan, had an absolute stormer. One fingertip save was right up there.

Schmeichel was very good for us, too.

A solid away point.

My only complaints would be resorting to hoofing it high occasionally - meat and drink to Zat Knight and Mills, so it did little good. Also, we looked a tad shot shy when we had it 30 yards from goal and had passed it round loads to little effect.

Still, the rot was stopped, we looked decent in patches and we should have optimism for the Forest game.

All a bit delusional on here tonight for me....realistically 1 point in 9 and being four points better than this stage last season is a bit crap for all the shite some of us have had to put up with about the second coming - still underwhelmed I'm afraid

:yawn:

Underwhelmed is certainly the word, not your usual standard of Nigel bashing.

Just got home.

Overall a point gained but hardly worth going to see and won't live long in the memory.

We looked much more up for it than vs Watford and there was no real standout motm. DD was very poor though.

We always looked in control and i was impressed with how we dealt with K.Davies up front, always won the second ball if he got the first. Never felt like we would concede. Going forward were we ok but hardly had a clear cut chance more sort of half chances but probably should have scored if decision making was better.

Probably should have won but a clean sheet and a much more encouraging display than Sat. Beat Forest and this result looks ok.

Oh and Schlupp was extremely good at LB. Looked very much the part

What strikers could do a job though.

John Guidetti, Federico Macheda, Steve Morison, Chris Martin, Adam Le Fondre, Kenwyne Jones, Connor Wickham, Marc Antoine Fortune?

No chance with Guidetti!, Macheda is shit!,Chris Martin is nothing special, Jones doesn't fit our style of play, Wickham isn't a goal scorer, Fortune is playing most weeks for west brom.

However I would take either of Steve Morrison or Adam Le Fondre! And i thought I might aswell chuck a couple of other names in Harry Kane or Chris Wood?

I have no idea on who's instructions it was to leave our squad quite so small and thin but I think it's now showing when we have to loan and youngster and put him straight into the team a few hours later just how thread bare we are.

Whilst I agree with Pearson that we only want players in our squad that was to play for our club we do need to pad the squad out a little with defensive cover and as we have seen so many times this season already... a striker.

Without these I fear we will dominate teams like we did in the first half last night and still not win the game, and that will be the difference between play offs and top two.

I would have settled for a point from this fixture v a side I've always thought of as brutish, ugly and hard to play against .More so with a new management team who probably know how to play against us. Their league position suggests others in the division find them less of a tough nut to crack, so time will tell if this is a point gained or two lost.

Palace's rise is ominous after last night's results albeit assisted by a ref who awarded a penalty everytime the oppo crossed the half way line by the look of it. Laughably crap last year and now bossed by holloway who can get sides out of this division.

I would have settled for a point from this fixture v a side I've always thought of as brutish, ugly and hard to play against .More so with a new management team who probably know how to play against us. Their league position suggests others in the division find them less of a tough nut to crack, so time will tell if this is a point gained or two lost.

Palace's rise is ominous after last night's results albeit assisted by a ref who awarded a penalty everytime the oppo crossed the half way line by the look of it. Laughably crap last year and now bossed by holloway who can get sides out of this division.

Good post.

Makes no bones about it, last nights result was a good result. The important thing for me was having that control back in the middle of the park. We'd lost that the last 2 games. That will make or break our season I fear. Now if we can just partner Nuge will the right goal scorer, we wouldn't be far off.

I'm not surprised at Palace. They were better than us and in Zaha, have one of the best players in the division.

We looked like the team we have expected to see, I agree with Col the last two performances were worrying as we seemed to have lost confidence. Waggy and Lloyd had a good game last night. Nugent was absolutely knackered after 75 minutes so I would have like to see him replaced.

We definately have a good chance this year, our squad is small but you can see a close knit team spirit forming well and that's always a good thing. It also has to be pointed out their goalie had an outstanding game. we just need to stay in the mix as I feel we can improve and when the chances do get converted we will be a very hard side to stop.

I have no idea on who's instructions it was to leave our squad quite so small and thin but I think it's now showing when we have to loan and youngster and put him straight into the team a few hours later just how thread bare we are.

Whilst I agree with Pearson that we only want players in our squad that was to play for our club we do need to pad the squad out a little with defensive cover and as we have seen so many times this season already... a striker.

Without these I fear we will dominate teams like we did in the first half last night and still not win the game, and that will be the difference between play offs and top two.

How do you keep a squad of 22-25 players happy though? Truth is you can't, unless you play in various cups and/or you rotate your squad constantly. What we've done badly over the years is develop our academy players, I don't buy in to the fact that we just don't have very good youngsters in the first place. If you have a squad of 18-20 first teamers and then 3-6 academy players that can fill in, or loan signings then you should be ok.

Just watched the Sky video report of the game and they show one effort from Bolton and none of ours despite us having 15 shots with 10 on target and Bogdan being universally declared overall MOM

Just watched the Sky video report of the game and they show one effort from Bolton and none of ours despite us having 15 shots with 10 on target and Bogdan being universally declared overall MOM

Normal Leicester match coverage by the media then.

How do you keep a squad of 22-25 players happy though? Truth is you can't, unless you play in various cups and/or you rotate your squad constantly. What we've done badly over the years is develop our academy players, I don't buy in to the fact that we just don't have very good youngsters in the first place. If you have a squad of 18-20 first teamers and then 3-6 academy players that can fill in, or loan signings then you should be ok.

We need our own youngsters of quality like you say mate, in fact we had a few that would have done a job but offloaded them which I still don't understand.

Sometimes I think some of these lads know that with Pearson all you have to do is make sure he knows you are not 100% committed and off you go.

Mills being booed by his own fans? What did he do? He friendly with our players?

Well from what I've seen on Twitter their fans hate him because of the style of football he plays and his hoof ball antics. :rolleyes:

I concur

I just don't buy this thin squad argument (Kennedy's departure aside), the competitive squad with no one moaning on the sidelines is a reason for an upturn in performance, the competitiveness is showing on the pitch.

Archived