Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ilkeston_Fox

Bolton Post Match

So does anyone else make a tally of the amount of times Stringer or Young say a player's name?

Makes you wonder doesn't it? I suppose he has a point but jeez, I'd rather people who attended the game get air time. We'd get a proper assessment not needless statistics.

Who counts the amount of times Stringer mentions a nice hat in the crowd? Do you tick for different sizes and colours?

Better teams than us will be coming in for him in January.

Would they give him an opportunity? any prem club he goes to he will be a bit part player imo.

At us I imagine he would be a first teamer without a shadow of a doubt.

It is very dissapointing Bolton were there for the taking we know when we are on our A game we dominate and outclass the opposition but the player we are lacking in ruthlessness to get the ball in the back of the net is missing Mr Charlie Austin we need you to help us win the league.

I agree that Charlie Austin would be a great signing but I really don't think he's a realistic target. Would prob cost upwards of £7 mill (which I don't think we've got) and I'd imagine he'd be looking for a move to a Prem club. Hopefully I'm completely wrong and we bring him in Jan!

I am happy with a point away to Bolton, and I am happy with an away clean sheet.

However this is another game we should of really won by the sounds of it, yet again we are not taking our chances.

Credit to Waghorn it seems he played well; however yet again it's another game gone without him scoring for the first team.

If Keane's injury is bad, then he will go straight back to Man Utd, and if Konch has done his hamstring that's about 3-4 weeks out.

More loan defenders needed, and a goalscorer, and to be honest going by our last couple of performances we need them quickly in time for Forest.

So does anyone else make a tally of the amount of times Stringer or Young say a player's name?

Exactly what I thought - weirdo (the caller, not you (not today :P))

And now caller is saying Nigel is frightened of signing a big name striker. :rolleyes:

He is spot on to be fair, you just seem to pick every player that's scoring goals and instantly we should be signing them. it's not as simple as that.

I have suggested Charlie Austin in the past before his prolific return this season I know a striker when I see one, he was scoring goals for fun in league one and last season got a considerable return it doesn't take a f**king genius to work out that not getting an out out goalscorer will cost us automatic promotion I genuinely believe that hopefully NP has got Steve Walsh on another scouting mission to bring one in.

For all this talk of needing goalscorers, and I do get it, this is the first game in which we've failed to score all season.

We even put two away in the debacle against Burton; things can't be that disastrous.

Archived