Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Matty James

How many fans rate him?

In every home game he has featured in, including Derby today I have been very impressed with the work he does in games. He does the dirty work you expect from a central midfielder very well, he get's stuck in, picks the right passes, and breaks and starts attacks. I think he is a very useful player to have, and I would like to see him feature more often.

When we brought him in, I wasn't sure he was the type of midfielder we should of gone for, I didn't write him off as some people would say, I just didn't think he was the type of midfielder we needed; however I am actually glad we brought this kid, very useful and has a good future ahead of him.

Also going back to the Peterborough game, the first game of the season, James really impressed me, himself and Drinkwater worked really really well, even though Peterborough saw quite a bit of the ball in that game, I loved how Matty James closed down and worked his socks off.

He has been great in our home games, but has struggled away from home; however I would like to see him get more of a chance.

Anyone agree?

Not massive amounts to judge him off, but still seems a bit like King without a goal threat to me. Does alot of "dirty" work, breaks up attacks, simple passes, morons on here will definitely call him "invisible". Just like King except he doesn't seem like he'll be making many perfectly timed runs into the box.

Good to bring on when we're getting overrun in the middle though, such as today.

I've only seen James in the home games, but every time I've seen him, he's looked pretty good. Very tidy in possession, works hard to close down off the ball, In some regards he's been unlucky, the way that King and Drinkwater have started the season has severely limited his chances. I think there's a lot more to come from him, showed some nice attacking play on his cameo today, which is a new side we've not seen a lot of so far. He didn't play any first team football at all last season, so he's probably still getting back up to full form after a long injury. I'm optimistic about his future with us, he's only 21, so plenty of years ahead of him.

Not massive amounts to judge him off, but still seems a bit like King without a goal threat to me. Does alot of "dirty" work, breaks up attacks, simple passes, morons on here will definitely call him "invisible". Just like King except he doesn't seem like he'll be making many perfectly timed runs into the box.

Good to bring on when we're getting overrun in the middle though, such as today.

James might not make the runs like Kingy but he has the ability to score some absolute screamers, unlike King. Feel for him because King and Drinkwater have been ridiculously good on the whole this season.

James might not make the runs like Kingy but he has the ability to score some absolute screamers, unlike King. Feel for him because King and Drinkwater have been ridiculously good on the whole this season.

King has scored plenty of 25 yard efforts and cheeky lobs in his time here. Especially in his first couple of seasons in the first team.

King has scored plenty of 25 yard efforts and cheeky lobs in his time here. Especially in his first couple of seasons in the first team.

I remember the screamer against Southampton in his first game but that's about the only long range one I can think of.

Personally, I find it difficult to form an opinion. Generally because he has mainly been used as a sub. I liked the look of him on his debut against Posh, he was getting stuck in that day. Apart from that, not sure. He wasn't too bad today though.

For me James offers very little extra to what we already have at the club.

Drinkwater and King are superior players in his position, and if it was me I'd put Wellens on the bench to have some experience to come on in tight situations.

James might be used if we have an injury crisis in the centre mid position, apart from that I don't see him playing any sort of significant role for us this season.

That's not to say given his age he cant improve and become better competition for our established midfield players in the future.

He's a steady player, nothing too amazing yet but I find him quite similar to King was a year or two again, but he's another who can win and retain the ball, he's basically a right fit for this team, good option to bring off the bench to allow us to go 4-3-3/4-5-1.

He's a good option to have, and he looked far more energetic yesterday.

Is it just me when I said that Pearsons substitutions yesterday were completely spot on.

James came on at exactly the right time IMO and nullified anything else that Derby tried to do.

I think James is only going to get better and used in the right way at the right times could have a crucial impact on our fortunes.

Archived