Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Genesis1

What players do you want?

Not young, and not from Man Utd though right? :P

NO!

Not in the positions I would like in.

No need for the likes of Tunnicliffe or Larnell Cole.

Tbh I think we only need one more player, that being someone like Lingard a winger/attacking midfielder but better than him.

Defence is sorted now I think, Keane is doing a good job, Whitbread and St Ledger will be coming back from injury, while Schlupp is good enough to be back up to Konchesky.

Midfield - With the form of James a central midfielder is not necessary, James, Drinkwater and King are good enough, while on the wing we are ok but injuries occur and Marshall and Dyer sometimes put in average performances, those are two players who have been pretty inconsistent this season.

Strikers - Wood, Nugent and Waghorn are great options now, I would still loan out Vardy or Futacs but not both, I would keep one preferably Futacs; however I actually like the look of some younger strikers in League 1 or 2, Nick Blackman I really like the look of at Sheffield United, had a great spell in Scotland before hand, Nahki Wells is a top class prospect, Tom Pope has come on leaps and bounds this season, a few more as well.

1 or 2 more signings, but only loans now I think.

NO!

Tbh I think we only need one more player, that being someone like Lingard a winger/attacking midfielder but better than him.

Defence is sorted now I think, Keane is doing a good job, Whitbread and St Ledger will be coming back from injury, while Schlupp is good enough to be back up to Konchesky.

Midfield - With the form of James a central midfielder is not necessary, James, Drinkwater and King are good enough, while on the wing we are ok but injuries occur and Marshall and Dyer sometimes put in average performances, those are two players who have been pretty inconsistent this season.

Strikers - Wood, Nugent and Waghorn are great options now, I would still loan out Vardy or Futacs but not both, I would keep one preferably Futacs; however I actually like the look of some younger strikers in League 1 or 2, Nick Blackman I really like the look of at Sheffield United, had a great spell in Scotland before hand, Nahki Wells is a top class prospect, Tom Pope has come on leaps and bounds this season, a few more as well.

Tom pope is not that young though and when we've got young strikers like Waghorn, Schlupp and Futacs not getting a look in, there is no point chasing other teams young sttikers unless they're in a rich vein of form or incredibly talented, which I don't think any of the guys you have mentioned are but that's just my opinion.

NO!

Nahki Wells would be a good little addition, spot on with everything again.

I'd like to bring in a back up LB, send Vardy and Futacs/Schlupp on loan, get them playing as strikers somewhere. I agree Jeff has looked good as a LB, but he's a natural striker and winger and I'd love to see him back there.

I'd like to bring in a back up LB, send Vardy and Futacs/Schlupp on loan, get them playing as strikers somewhere. I agree Jeff has looked good as a LB, but he's a natural striker and winger and I'd love to see him back there.

Spot on :thumbup:

According to Birch Schlupp is a natural left back.

Found it strange myself, but trust his judgement.

I understand why people say about him playing there as he has the attributes to be a good modern day fullback, its just that whenever I have seen him up front he has impressed. Has the raw pace, a good touch, can beat a man, pretty composed in front of goal and he is brilliant at holding the ball up despite not being the biggest. I'd be more than happy for him to play as a fullback, if things don't work out for him up top but I want him to be given that chance first.

Schlupp only made one real mistake that being against Leeds when he gave away a penalty then got dropped.

It was very unfair on him, when he was actually playing really well, in my opinion his defensive skills were pretty damn solid. From his appearances at left-back I think he is good enough to be back up to Konchesky, and that he deserves another chance in that position later down the line.

Tom pope is not that young though and when we've got young strikers like Waghorn, Schlupp and Futacs not getting a look in, there is no point chasing other teams young sttikers unless they're in a rich vein of form or incredibly talented, which I don't think any of the guys you have mentioned are but that's just my opinion.

Yeah I realised Pope's age after I posted it, obviously peaking at a later age. The players I've mentioned are all in good form, and are all decent prospects, incredibly talented would be someone like Zaha, Vydra yet we ain't going to get any of them. Nahki Wells may look small, but this kid can play as he showed against Arsenal, last season I kept seeing his name creeping up on the videprinter, yet some weeks he was still on the bench for Bradford; however he is now in the starting 11 regularly and showing his potential by scoring yet more goals. Nick Blackman I've always liked the look of ever since his loan spell at Motherwell, now he is in League 1 and scoring goals for one of the best teams in the League.

Probably won't bother getting them, but they are certainly players to watch, who knows they might even be better than Vardy who has climbed three divisions and will be 26 this month.

Definetly Nakhi Wells, worth a punt, stick him on the bench with Waggy, and loan futacs/vardy out.

Remember futacs is only 22, and it is rare to see such a young target man. No point in selling him as he could develop into a good player.

But wood, nuge, wells and waggy would scare the shit out of the oppo.

especially with knocky and marshall aswell, would be nice to add a winger, preferably cameron stewart as he is young has potential nige knows how to get the most out of him also.

Schlupp only made one real mistake that being against Leeds when he gave away a penalty then got dropped.

It was very unfair on him, when he was actually playing really well, in my opinion his defensive skills were pretty damn solid. From his appearances at left-back I think he is good enough to be back up to Konchesky, and that he deserves another chance in that position later down the line.

Yeah I realised Pope's age after I posted it, obviously peaking at a later age. The players I've mentioned are all in good form, and are all decent prospects, incredibly talented would be someone like Zaha, Vydra yet we ain't going to get any of them. Nahki Wells may look small, but this kid can play as he showed against Arsenal, last season I kept seeing his name creeping up on the videprinter, yet some weeks he was still on the bench for Bradford; however he is now in the starting 11 regularly and showing his potential by scoring yet more goals. Nick Blackman I've always liked the look of ever since his loan spell at Motherwell, now he is in League 1 and scoring goals for one of the best teams in the League.

Probably won't bother getting them, but they are certainly players to watch, who knows they might even be better than Vardy who has climbed three divisions and will be 26 this month.

Normally I would love to sign Wells/Blackman type players but if you think where we could be in 6 months then neither of them are going to fit are they? Blackman's got 11 in 27 i think which is good but its not prolific and Wells is playing in League 2. I saw him first game of the season against Gillingham and he didn't really do much but at his age, 6 months is a long time to improve and like you say, he has shown some ability against PL teams.

I just think when you have England Under 21 internationals and Ghana internationals in the team who aren't getting game time then I don't see the benefit of the acquisition of other young strikers.

I do like the outside the box thinking though :thumbup: I used to know all the good lower league players but haven't kept tabs on them as much since the big takeover. Glad to see somebody's doing their homework! :)

Archived