Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Genesis1

What players do you want?

I'm going to add someone I wanted when we were first linked with him. Adam Le Fondre. Obviously this is an impossibility but it got me thinking tonight how much I wish we'd have signed him. 10 premier league goals this season, 6 from the bench. 2 others in the cup it really is looking like he was playing well below himself before he got the move to Reading. He actually has 24 goals in 25 games now so he could be playing below himself at Reading! I don't actually think we need anyone else to grab 1st or 2nd so if we don't bring anyone in I won't be disappointed.

I'm going to add someone I wanted when we were first linked with him. Adam Le Fondre. Obviously this is an impossibility but it got me thinking tonight how much I wish we'd have signed him. 10 premier league goals this season, 6 from the bench. 2 others in the cup it really is looking like he was playing well below himself before he got the move to Reading. He actually has 24 goals in 25 games now so he could be playing below himself at Reading! I don't actually think we need anyone else to grab 1st or 2nd so if we don't bring anyone in I won't be disappointed.

:blink: You sure about that? I must admit that I'd said no to him when he was mentioned just because he hadn't really played much for Reading but he's certainly bang in form this year!

:blink: You sure about that? I must admit that I'd said no to him when he was mentioned just because he hadn't really played much for Reading but he's certainly bang in form this year!

You know it's probably 24 goals in 25 starts thinking about it that does sound like a lot! I was going off the BBC website so either they messed up or I did :). Wikipedia says 22 in 54 (before tonights game) so still pretty high ratio!

I'm going to add someone I wanted when we were first linked with him. Adam Le Fondre. Obviously this is an impossibility but it got me thinking tonight how much I wish we'd have signed him.

And here. Was genuinely frustrated we did't do more to get him when we were linked.

That £350,000 Reading paid was very good business by them. Annoying we didn't seem to have that foresight at the time.

You know it's probably 24 goals in 25 starts thinking about it that does sound like a lot! I was going off the BBC website so either they messed up or I did :). Wikipedia says 22 in 54 (before tonights game) so still pretty high ratio!

That sounds about right although whenever they do that stat they basically count all goals against how many starts the player has had, so in reality he could have only scored 5 goals in those 25 starts. Anyway, his Goals per Minute ratio is pretty special, I bet.

He did look good, does he play like that every week? If he reaches that sort of standard regularly then I'd like him here.

Great combination of strength and skill, seemed to have the right kind of attitude too although my ability to judge a player's personality from one performance is somewhat limited. :P

Looks good at times but discipline has been one of our key points to our success.

Not sure I want people who do the sort of things he did in his own penalty box.

I'm unsure to be honest. Wolves fans reckon he's got a real tendency to be lazy and he's not all that popular there. I know their fans are hardly well known football experts but there's no smoke without fire.

There's no doubting his technical ability though, I've never seen a player at this level hit a ball so consistently well. Top class.

Archived