Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Alex Baptiste

pearson i think has been really clever put a team together to be in play off possition on little money compared to previous managers, leaving him with a few more quid to spend january for the final push and so far he has bought quality in woods and baptiste with hopefully a couple more to come !!!!!!

Personally I would drop De Laet or Whitbread, and put Baptiste in straight away. De Laet is very inconsistent, and on a defensive front Baptiste is the better of the two, meanwhile Whitbread is a liability, a game doesn't go by without him making at least one error, he plays too much hoof ball as well for my liking, really don't like that style of play, he has played well in some games recently, but not really put in a stand out performance, unlike Morgan and St Ledger who were in exceptional form when they partnered each other.

For when St Ledger is out...

RB - De Laet

CB - Baptiste

CB - Morgan

LB - Konchesky

Drop Whitbread to the bench

For when St Ledger is back...

RB - Baptiste

CB - St Ledger

CB - Morgan

LB - Konchesky

And put De Laet on the bench, with Whitbread or Moore.

Personally I would drop De Laet or Whitbread, and put Baptiste in straight away. De Laet is very inconsistent, and on a defensive front Baptiste is the better of the two, meanwhile Whitbread is a liability, a game doesn't go by without him making at least one error, he plays too much hoof ball as well for my liking, really don't like that style of play, he has played well in some games recently, but not really put in a stand out performance, unlike Morgan and St Ledger who were in exceptional form when they partnered each other.

For when St Ledger is out...

RB - De Laet

CB - Baptiste

CB - Morgan

LB - Konchesky

Drop Whitbread to the bench

For when St Ledger is back...

RB - Baptiste

CB - St Ledger

CB - Morgan

LB - Konchesky

And put De Laet on the bench, with Whitbread or Moore.

not the De Laet ive been watching then ...... Morgan aside he has been our most consistent defender ....end of

not the De Laet ive been watching then ...... Morgan aside he has been our most consistent defender ....end of

No! Far too hit and miss, one week he plays well, the next week he puts in an average performance. Like SDB said jury is still out on him, some weeks I think he is good, some weeks I don't rate him.

He get's forward quite well, but he needs to balance that with good defensive performances, and in my opinion that part of his game is very inconsistent.

I just think if you want someone better defensively in the right-back position, then I would play Baptiste over De Laet.

No! Far too hit and miss, one week he plays well, the next week he puts in an average performance. Like SDB said jury is still out on him, some weeks I think he is good, some weeks I don't rate him.

He get's forward quite well, but he needs to balance that with good defensive performances, and in my opinion that part of his game is very inconsistent.

I just think if you want someone better defensively in the right-back position, then I would play Baptiste over De Laet.

You are just wrong on this one. ;)

I think he is much better than you make out and has clearly been our second best player in the back line behind Wes.

Yes because Whitbread and Konchesky have been poor.

I just think he is too inconsistent so far, I love it when he gets forward because he has pace and is an actual danger, against Cardiff I thought he played a blinder, thought he was much better defensively, yet people said he was woeful.

Jury is still out on him.

I like what he offers going forward but his defensive positioning is shocking on occasions. He's definitely not a natural instinctive defender and is more a reactive player who relies on his pace to get himself out situations from his poor positioning but with that bring rash tackles.

That said he's still only 24, very versatile and can still get better. He's a very good player to have at the club.

Yes because Whitbread and Konchesky have been poor.

I just think he is too inconsistent so far, I love it when he gets forward because he has pace and is an actual danger, against Cardiff I thought he played a blinder, thought he was much better defensively, yet people said he was woeful.

Jury is still out on him.

So you think three of the back four have been poor? And we have the best defence in the league?!?

Strange one!

Sky is a good a source as any, John Percy also said.

So you think three of the back four have been poor? And we have the best defence in the league?!?

Meanwhile on this, Konchesky and Whitbread have done nothing for me this season. I think Konchesky has gone down hill, and I think Whitbread is rubbish. De Laet like I said is inconsistent, sometimes he plays well, but I didn't say he was poor, there is a difference.

Strange one!

There's probably other clubs interested in him, especially with only 6 months left on his contract. I'm sure Holloway would like him at Palace and maybe even a few Prem clubs, but if we've definitely had a fee agreed Baptiste has probably not agreed personal terms yet with us waiting to see if anyone else comes in with a bid.

Archived