Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Alex Baptiste

How dare you! Paolo is a beautiful man; you've just chosen a bad picture

Woah, that was my point! I was going to post a whole host of Italian defenders (Maldini, Nesta, Cannavaro etc) to prove that beautiful men make defenders too.

Woah, that was my point! I was going to post a whole host of Italian defenders (Maldini, Nesta, Cannavaro etc) to prove that beautiful men make defenders too.

lol I was worried that you and I were going to have a big falling out!

The Italians kind of ruin the ugly defender theory. Probably the best defensive nation in the History of football and you don't see many Baptiste's in there!

When ever I've seen him play he's reminded me of Bamba makes mistakes but is fast enough to get himself out of trouble. Like I said only when I've seen him play which is about 3 or 4 times. I'm sure he's played CDM for Blackpool though? Could we be purchasing him to play there?

You're the second person I've seen compare him to Bamba.

Worrying indeed

lol

Behave!

I'd agree with Dan there

You're the second person I've seen compare him to Bamba.

Worrying indeed

I'd agree with Dan there

Like I said only when ever I have seen him play he has made mistakes but he's fast enough to get him self out of trouble.

Here's the quote from Michael Appleton in the Blackpool Gazette.....

http://www.blackpool...ports-1-5264942

By William Watt

Published on Monday 31 December 2012 09:45

BLACKPOOL boss Michael Appleton is furious over reports that skipper Alex Baptiste is set to leave the club.

The media reports claimed Pool have agreed a fee with Championship rivals Leicester City for the 26-year-old defender.

The story surfaced while Appleton and his team were in their Teesside hotel preparing for Saturday’s game at Middlesbrough, which Pool lost 4-2.

The reports stunned the Pool boss and Baptiste himself, who both said they know nothing about the so-called deal.

And the Blackpool boss suggested the story may be designed to unsettle the player.

Appleton said: “It’s a little bit naughty as far as I’m concerned. I have no idea about it at all.

“The first I heard about the whole thing was on television. Baps knows nothing about it, and as far as I’m aware it is total speculation.

“I’m not happy at all about how the news broke but what can you do?

“We try to be professional in what we do but we can’t control what happens in the media.â€

Blackpool fans aren't totally convinced he isn't on the way out as Oyston is known to be trying to get rid of all the higher paid players. Make of this what you will.

Denial of a bid by ourselves??

Must be true that an offer has been made and accepted then, NP said he wasn't interested and hadn't put a bid in for Chris Wood, look how that has turned out.

As to Matt Phillips, played no better than Dyer this season, yes he is young and full of potential, but seemed like a bit of a billy big bollox towards the end of Holloway's era, rather look at Milwall and James Henry.

Here's the quote from Michael Appleton in the Blackpool Gazette.....

http://www.blackpool...ports-1-5264942

By William Watt

Published on Monday 31 December 2012 09:45

BLACKPOOL boss Michael Appleton is furious over reports that skipper Alex Baptiste is set to leave the club.

The media reports claimed Pool have agreed a fee with Championship rivals Leicester City for the 26-year-old defender.

The story surfaced while Appleton and his team were in their Teesside hotel preparing for Saturday’s game at Middlesbrough, which Pool lost 4-2.

The reports stunned the Pool boss and Baptiste himself, who both said they know nothing about the so-called deal.

And the Blackpool boss suggested the story may be designed to unsettle the player.

Appleton said: “It’s a little bit naughty as far as I’m concerned. I have no idea about it at all.

“The first I heard about the whole thing was on television. Baps knows nothing about it, and as far as I’m aware it is total speculation.

“I’m not happy at all about how the news broke but what can you do?

“We try to be professional in what we do but we can’t control what happens in the media.â€

Blackpool fans aren't totally convinced he isn't on the way out as Oyston is known to be trying to get rid of all the higher paid players. Make of this what you will.

Appleton won't be impressed when he learns it was Oyston who leaked the story. Funny that Baptiste 'knows nothing' about it...

Archived