Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Alex Baptiste

I think this is a good signing. It seems pretty obvious that we're going for it, which is encouraging. The spending puts a bit of extra pressure on Pearson to get us promoted this season but also suggests that the owners won't be making any judgement on his position until May. Both are good things.

From what I've read on their forums both Millwall and Blackpool fans are unhappy with these deals. That's, if you ask me, a much better indicator than whether or not any of us rate him based on a few Leicester games and a couple of televised matches.

Personally can't judge him based on the fact I've never seen him play. I'd say the unhappiness of Blackpool fans is a good sign and that Pearson and his backroom staff are pretty experienced at making good, solid signings. Will reserve judgement until I see him regularly home and away. I did, however, feel we needed some defensive strengthening with SSL out and not many other options. Like many I wasn't really sure about Big Wes when we signed him, but look how that turned out... Nice to get these deals sorted early though

One more player to go I reckon...

Mixed opinions on him on here, I always thought he was a steady and consistent defender, Blackpool fans rate him I think.

Would be a good option to have, can play right and centre back, so as jury is still out on De Laet, and Whitbread is a liability most of the time, I wouldn't mind seeing him play in any of those positions.

Knew we would get this deal done early, brilliant stuff.

This Blackpool fan is distraught to see him go, also some more tweets.

Danny Newton â€@BigDanNewtz

Oh my god this better not be true about Alex baptiste going to Leicester, **** my life #gutted #topplayer

Will actually cry if Alex Baptiste leaves

Craig hart â€@Craig_Hart8

Does anyone blame baps for going? I for one wish him well & looking forward to him coming back. Oh Alex baptiste🎶

josh smith â€@joshbfc10

****ing oyston the c**t we cannot sell alex baptiste!

Mixed opinions on him on here, I always thought he was a steady and consistent defender, Blackpool fans rate him I think.

Would be a good option to have, can play right and centre back, so as jury is still out on De Laet, and Whitbread is a liability most of the time, I wouldn't mind seeing him play in any of those positions.

Knew we would get this deal done early, brilliant stuff.

Everytime I have seen him seems the opposite off whitbread - quick , aggressive and imo better althought think moore in defence would be quality

This Blackpool fan is distraught to see him go, also some more tweets.

Oh my god this better not be true about Alex baptiste going to Leicester, **** my life #gutted #topplayer

Will actually cry if Alex Baptiste leaves

Craig hart â€@Craig_Hart8

Does anyone blame baps for going? I for one wish him well & looking forward to him coming back. Oh Alex baptiste������

josh smith â€@joshbfc10

****ing oyston the c**t we cannot sell alex baptiste!

Obviously Rated, Pearson and the owner`s are not stupid, they know we have struggled without ledger at the back so another logical signing as with wood, Haven`t got quality in depth so Wood tick`s that box. The next signing would be a centre midfielder, I think everyone is agreed we need something different there and maybe a bit more physicality! But im pleased with these 2, good that we have got them done early!

Obviously Rated, Pearson and the owner`s are not stupid, they know we have struggled without ledger at the back so another logical signing as with wood, Haven`t got quality in depth so Wood tick`s that box. The next signing would be a centre midfielder, I think everyone is agreed we need something different there and maybe a bit more physicality! But im pleased with these 2, good that we have got them done early!

Agreed, knew since John Percy said we were interested in Baptiste, I could see the deal being completed early.

Central Midfielder, then maybe either a left-back or another striker, but on those fronts it all depends if Pearson thinks Schlupp is good enough to be back up to Konchesky, and if we sell Futacs and maybe loan out Vardy.

Archived