Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

Will we finish in the Play Offs or have we been sussed out?

Was talking to mate in the pub last night, he say's that we have been found out and that we won't make the play offs.

His reasoning was that if teams try to play proper football against us we will beat them, however if they do as Millwall, Leeds have done and play a tough physical game with some hoofball thrown in. Then we could play for hours and still not beat a team that plays this way.

He says that this is Pearsons weakness, he does not know how to get the team to change with such tactics, in his opinion this will cost us dearly in our quest for promotion.

I disagreed, as I do not think enough teams in this division are capable enough to play like that to stop us.

We should at least make the play offs, winning them is another matter though.

Do you think he is correct or was it the beer talking. (Real ale)

I think its pretty safe to say Pearson is capable of changing the tactics, we played the long ball game in his previous reign so I'm sure he has it in him to make changes if we have been found out.

Personally I think its just a dip in form, and I am confident we can put another couple of 6/7 winning streaks together which will push us right back in the mix.

Was talking to mate in the pub last night, he say's that we have been found out and that we won't make the play offs.

His reasoning was that if teams try to play proper football against us we will beat them, however if they do as Millwall, Leeds have done and play a tough physical game with some hoofball thrown in. Then we could play for hours and still not beat a team that plays this way.

He says that this is Pearsons weakness, he does not know how to get the team to change with such tactics, in his opinion this will cost us dearly in our quest for promotion.

I disagreed, as I do not think enough teams in this division are capable enough to play like that to stop us.

Lets not forget how many 1 goal wins we eked out in Pearson's first spell.

This is not a Pearson weakness, it's a lack of composure. As much as I like King and Drinkwater in midfield, they are easily intimidated by more physical teams. But they have no need to be - they are talented enough to pass it around other teams.

Similarly when Whitbread comes up against a big centre forward he just puts his hands all over him and concedes countless free kicks as a result. A bit more composure in these situations would mean Whitbread (or preferably St Ledger) taking the time to think about the situation rather than going in for a shirt-pull and hoping to get away with it.

Found out? no

Against Barnsley we took our foot off the pedal after ten odd minutes to let them back into the match and they only had about three to four shots on target the first half but scored twice, which made me wonder just what the hell Smeichel was doing.

Second half we hammered them but our real weakness showed itself, we are not clinical in front of goal.

Peeps will say, ah, but we scored six against Ipswich etc., but that does not take into account the ammount of chances created in that match.

Fact is we create a lot, convert a little compared to chances created.

We'll be in the playoffs were good at home even if we hardly win away we'll still pick up points. We had a few good chance to score a Leeds but we didnt take them I wasnt at Millwall so cant comment but in the midfield I would be looking for some height and someone whos going to be putting the boot in and stready the ship in the middle when were under pressure.

I remember a couple of months back Pearson was slated on the official facebook page for starting Dyer instead of Marshall it's no wonder Dyer is first choice in our midfield at the moment because without him our midfield has the strength of a kids netball team

I think we are just hitting a dip in form, every team will at some point, we do get out muscled in the midfield but when nigel was here in his first stint our midfield wasn't that strong, were easily good enough to finish in play offs but I'm not sure about top 2

It depends what happens in January if NP is able to bring in 2 players of genuine quality then we could easily get top 2 now at the current present we are 7 points of the top 2 and we need to go on a winning run to close that gap can we do it? debatable at the moment but hopefully City can prove me wrong and do it :thumbup::scarf:

Guest bss9401

Playoffs; I have believed this since after about 10 games. If we get someone else on a scoring streak and our midfield hit some real form we may even grab 2nd spot. I do not believe that we can get automatic promotion with our current team so may well need 2/3 in to have a real go.

SO far so good, we wanted to be in the play offs and we are BUT, expectations have been raised, many now thinking about 2nd spot, if we were to drop out of the play offs, I fear the worse for Pearson.

Pearson;s no mug, he knows teams are gonna pack the midfield and make it difficult, so we have been found out for a while and it;s no secret.

SO far so good, we wanted to be in the play offs and we are BUT, expectations have been raised, many now thinking about 2nd spot, if we were to drop out of the play offs, I fear the worse for Pearson.

Pearson;s no mug, he knows teams are gonna pack the midfield and make it difficult, so we have been found out for a while and it;s no secret.

If you listen to what NP is saying and the club the aim is automatic promotion it has been since the first whistle has been blown it just hasn't been hyped up in the press and the media which is usually our downfall in that respect.

If you listen to what NP is saying and the club the aim is automatic promotion it has been since the first whistle has been blown it just hasn't been hyped up in the press and the media which is usually our downfall in that respect.

Apologies, i didn't know that he has been tasked with top 2!! If that's the case NP has a very difficult task, we do not look like top 2 material.

i think we've all sussed it , we need a forward and a premier experienced midfielder who is a leader . then we will be a TEAM ! we are a nearly team at the mo .

I obviously haven't sussed it.

Like I said last week, in some games Pearson could do with changing the formation, but a flat 4-4-2 has worked in 11-12 games this season, especially at home.

A few more players, and if Pearson is brave enough to change the formation once in a while, the play-offs are a certain.

How times have changed!

Don't need to change tactics, we need to find a way to press our game on 'spoiling' teams like Leeds

You didn't see QPR, Swansea, Reading, Southampton (in their promotion seasons) or others sign a carthorse in midfield to kick lumps out the opposition & hoof it forwards, they found a way to carry on doing what they did best, no matter who they were playing.

Are we a strike partner away from being like them?

Are we a defensive partner for Morgan away from being like them?

One thing's for sure... we're not far away playing Cardiff proves it, woodwork 3 times in the first half, their keeper keeping them in it, defenders kicking them off the line in the second half

Whoever we add in January, it's going to be difficult to blend into this hard-working, grafting, but one-touch footballing side and take us to the higher level that we obviously aspire to, and of course they have to be higher quality than is already here, else there's no point.

Archived