Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Post-Match City 0 - 1 Cardiff

Cant understand Pearson today he took our best player off Knockaert why does he do these stupid things, again the game was crying out for big marko to come on. I've changed my view on Pearson I dont think we will ever get automatic with him incharge he is so predictable its untrue. I bet when other managers look at our team, bench etc they know whos going to come on. I'm not looking forward to Hull either they could do us some real damage.

:D

Well, if we're after two players there could be a few leaving.

The big problem is the players are on big wages and either won't take a drop or clubs won't pay.

Understandable.

Beckford, Danns, Wellens, Gallagher all need to leave, but it's the duo of Danns and Beckford I think will be the toughest to get rid of, because of wages and not willing to take a drop and clubs won't pay.

I can see us signing Baptiste at a reasonable price, if interest is correct, but from then on I think it might be slightly tough.

Understandable.

Beckford, Danns, Wellens, Gallagher all need to leave, but it's the duo of Danns and Beckford I think will be the toughest to get rid of, because of wages and not willing to take a drop and clubs won't pay.

I can see us signing Baptiste at a reasonable price, if interest is correct, but from then on I think it might be slightly tough.

Scored again today!

Where to start?

Firstly, I was sceptical about Pearson's decision to stick with an unchanged side from the diabolical loss at Millwall - how certain players can get away from that unscathed and without punishment (i.e. being dropped) is ridiculous. Furthermore ridiculous was the lack of Schlupp even in the 18. A man who can cover at left back whilst being a highly capable striker, what does he have to do before Pearson gives him a chance?

We started strongly and clearly looked to capitalise on the fact that their keeper couldn't catch a cold if he tried. We had several very good early efforts, Knockaert had a couple of long range raspers, Morgan's header, King's post effort followed up by Vardy and then Nugent having a shot from a tight angle saved. Their goal came completely against the run of play from the anal warrior Bellamy :mad: and they looked like they could have capitalised on that as we looked shell-shocked. We managed to see it out before a great King run nearly saw an equaliser before an excellent header from Vardy bounced off the woodwork.

Then the second half began and this is where I began to worry. It was a case of deja vu, excellent start first half, looking dominant but not taking our chances only to come out in the 2nd half looking bored?? Ring a bell? We showed little fight or effort 2nd half. Pearson's tactics were worrying, not only his decision to go with 4-4-****ing-2 again but to take off both our wide men and to replace one of them with Jesse Lingard? Is he a winger? Is he a centre midfielder? I couldn't work it out. We showed little fight, 91st minute and Drinkwater, King and Whitbread are passing it around in little triangles on the half way line......................

Huge changes needed and a man with bollocks must make them. Pearson needs to be ruthless and make some changes. We're so predictable at the moment, the opposition can whack on a dvd of our last 7/8 matches and it's all the same. Why do you think Man Utd hardly ever play the same side 2 games in a row? 1) Fergie plays the team and formation best tactically suited to beat the opposition. 2) So that they never become predictable. I remember away at QPR in the play off season, NP changed things around, brought NGuessan in and played a 4-3-3 if I remember correctly and we really caught them out that night.

Changes I would make:

Schlupp in for Konchesky.

Switch to a 4-2-3-1 formation with Drinkwater on the bench against Hull and King on the bench at Burnley.

Bring Danns back if possible.

Where to start?

Firstly, I was sceptical about Pearson's decision to stick with an unchanged side from the diabolical loss at Millwall - how certain players can get away from that unscathed and without punishment (i.e. being dropped) is ridiculous. Furthermore ridiculous was the lack of Schlupp even in the 18. A man who can cover at left back whilst being a highly capable striker, what does he have to do before Pearson gives him a chance?

We started strongly and clearly looked to capitalise on the fact that their keeper couldn't catch a cold if he tried. We had several very good early efforts, Knockaert had a couple of long range raspers, Morgan's header, King's post effort followed up by Vardy and then Nugent having a shot from a tight angle saved. Their goal came completely against the run of play from the anal warrior Bellamy :mad: and they looked like they could have capitalised on that as we looked shell-shocked. We managed to see it out before a great King run nearly saw an equaliser before an excellent header from Vardy bounced off the woodwork.

Then the second half began and this is where I began to worry. It was a case of deja vu, excellent start first half, looking dominant but not taking our chances only to come out in the 2nd half looking bored?? Ring a bell? We showed little fight or effort 2nd half. Pearson's tactics were worrying, not only his decision to go with 4-4-****ing-2 again but to take off both our wide men and to replace one of them with Jesse Lingard? Is he a winger? Is he a centre midfielder? I couldn't work it out. We showed little fight, 91st minute and Drinkwater, King and Whitbread are passing it around in little triangles on the half way line......................

Huge changes needed and a man with bollocks must make them. Pearson needs to be ruthless and make some changes. We're so predictable at the moment, the opposition can whack on a dvd of our last 7/8 matches and it's all the same. Why do you think Man Utd hardly ever play the same side 2 games in a row? 1) Fergie plays the team and formation best tactically suited to beat the opposition. 2) So that they never become predictable. I remember away at QPR in the play off season, NP changed things around, brought NGuessan in and played a 4-3-3 if I remember correctly and we really caught them out that night.

Changes I would make:

Schlupp in for Konchesky.

Switch to a 4-2-3-1 formation with Drinkwater on the bench against Hull and King on the bench at Burnley.

Bring Danns back if possible.

Good post.

Well, the air of optimism is fast disappearing and it's high time our management understood some of the reasons why and started to do something about it - assuming they get the chance which i'm not sure they would if I were in charge.

Today's game produced an entirely predictable scenario. Early domination, a decent chance or two including one that hit the woodwork and eventual defeat by a single goal that seem to instantly sap our self belief and which provoked nothing by way of effective counter measures.

Managers are employed for one simple reason - to achieve success and, in a football club, that means winning matches, collecting honours and, in times of difficulty, providing those little bits of magic and/or inspiration that save the team from potential defeat.

We've faced so many such moments in recent games - and our response has been generally worse than woeful.

Twelve points we've collected from the last 11 games and that's virtually relegation form. We've not got the excuse of a long line of injuries or suspensions, nor the kind of bad decisions from referees that have dogged us on other occasions. We've just not been good enough and, worse still, we've not reacted effectively in the face of adversity.

Connected or not, our run of bad form seems to have broadly coincided with two basic changes - the establishment as first choice selections of Knockaert and Whitbread.

With the arrival of both we seem to have waved goodbye to the exciting pass-and-move football which characterised our earlier approach and all-too-briefly took us to the top of the table.

Today, I was reminded once again of both players' frustrating limitations.

Knockaert's unpredictability once again reduced the flow and assuredness of our passing.

With Whitbread he problem is his distribution. Once a centre-back wins possession the only thing that matters is giving the ball to a colleague.Too often Whitbread doesn't do that and it was no different today.

It's not made us rubbish it's meant that our balance has been affected and just enough to make productive results turn negative. But, it's not the only thing.

Perhaps even worse is that Pearson and his pals don't have enough impact when things go wrong. Today's changes were an example. We just seemed to swap one man for another without really grasping why we were on our way to recording yet another confidence-sapping "zero" in the "goals for" column.

I've mentioned before that you can't win without scoring but while we might have changed the personnel slightly we didn't change the things that were letting us down.

We didn't stop delivering slow, aimless crosses as our final ball into the box - straight onto the heads of tall, welcoming opponents. Nor did we introduce any of the selfless movement that might have disrupted a depressingly solid-looking but hardly tested Cardiff back line.

And we didn't get anywhere near enough people driving forward into the box or gambling on a possible mistake when the ball was delivered into a dangerous area. We lacked commitment so when the odd shot rebounded from the arms of the visiting keeper there was no-one within yards to take advantage.

All might seems like minor details but it's just such seemingly simple shortcomings that cost games and points when matches are tight. Just as I've mentioned in previous weeks with dead balls situations.

Bottom line is I'm not the least impressed anymore. Pearson started the season like a breath of footballing fresh air but what he's delivering now is just tedious, predictable and in no way an improvement on what we had during the opening eight weeks of the season or so.

In consequence we've drifted way off the pace (once again) and I don't see any individual or collective evidence to suggest we'll improve dramatically. Even if we improve the personnel in January that won't attend to our tactical failings and philosophical failings.

Bottom line is I'm not the least impressed anymore. Pearson started the season like a breath of footballing fresh air but what he's delivering now is just tedious, predictable and in no way an improvement on what we had during the opening eight weeks of the season or so.

In consequence we've drifted way off the pace (once again) and I don't see any individual or collective evidence to suggest we'll improve dramatically. Even if we improve the personnel in January that won't attend to our tactical failings and philosophical failings.

This sums it all up. I've said from the start of the season it's all about philosophy and I'm losing belief.

people need to get a grip. we were brilliant. forget the result if we play like that every week we will be in the prem. Last thing we need is to change the manager. Imagine for a second how the players would feel if pearson went? after a cracking performance they will lose faith in the owners. If he goes i wont be down watching again thats for sure. When we get some luck we will finish top 3. now stop ****ing moaning and appreciate a good perfomance and manager when you see one! we have one of the best managers in the league and you want rid hahaha laughable.

Agreed

From foxblogger

"Putting some numbers together for a 1/2 term report. In the 2nd half of the season #lcfc will face 7 of the top half away & 4 at home. #ouch"

In the light of that info (and our p!sspoor away record), does anyone on here really think we're going to do a Reading?

Good result for us.

Always felt if you did not score in the first 15 minutes you would struggle agaibst us. It turned out that way.

After we scored I'm struggling to thing if our keeper Marshall was tested. The second half there was little creativity from your front line. The longer the game went on the less I felt you were not going to score.

Still believe it will be Cardiff and Leicester to take the auto places /o\

Surely that's more of a positive if he's scoring goals in a poor side?

Then if he came back do you think he will score goals for us.

People were glad Danns went out on loan, fans were saying he isn't good enough anymore. Then a few losses under our belt, then people want him back and think he can make a difference. What is so different about Danns, compared to Drinkwater and King. Danns is all huff and puff, works hard, closes down and is capable of getting stuck in. However he also runs around like a headless chicken, is sometimes rash and his passing is poor.

Danns and Wellens are too old, not good enough and far too similar to what we already have. You need something different, someone who is a big presence, someone who is more defensive than the likes of Drinkwater, James and King, or in an attacking sense someone like Mark Davies, who makes things tick, is good going forward and offers that extra bit of quality.

We haven't had a good defensive presence in midfield since Neil Lennon, and we haven't had a good attacking presence who has that extra quality since Mark Davies, yet he only came in on loan.

So why leave out Futacs and then get Whitbread to hoof the ball up to Vardy and then we loose the ball on many occasions???

Again i question Pearson's tactics and the fact that he has his favourite players who can be ineffective and then start week in week out. Very alarming decision making rearing its ugly head once more. Admit your wrong. make a positive decision for once, bring back danns and drop drinkwater for theing hull game. I thought King and Knockart were good today though. Can't knock Pearson for his signihe ngs. Morgan was a bit dodgy but he is a solid defender and is entitled to have a bad game now and again. Kasper is looking more and more of a liability ... new keeper in jan please.

Well, the air of optimism is fast disappearing and it's high time our management understood some of the reasons why and started to do something about it ......

Agree in part, but not in others.......

That our slick passing has all but disappeared is, I think, beyond argument, but I do not feel that this is down to any particular players, but is very much to do with our 'philosophy'.

It is my view that in recent weeks we have been suffocated by our rigid inflexible setup, a setup designed to make us more 'solid' that has done exactly the opposite. NFP's insistence in forcing our creative players into peripheral wide roles, keeping two men up has left us undermanned in midfield which, as we saw so clearly today, gives us huge problems.

Clearances from our box fell to the opposition because we had no-one there to compete for the ball, similarly when our defensive players tried to play out of defence, they had few options so resorted to the long ball.

I put this down to inflexibility and a lack of attacking intent, players so mindful of their defensive duties that they stop making forward runs, front players so far detached from the rest of the team they take little part in our buildup play and wide men so frustrated by lack of involvement that they try and do far to much when they do get the ball.

As Thrac says, new players will make little difference unless we change the way we are playing, we need to get back to what we were doing so well just a month or two ago and we need to do it quickly.

If we had of won today with a 90min penalty people would be.saying how brilliant our performance was today. Sure we lost but if we continue playing like that we will be fine.

We will start to finish better if we keep making the chances

I'm not worried one bit after seeing the match on tv

Archived