Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SmithyFox12

Cian Bolger Bid Rejected

• 4 weeks later...

Baffling, he's always looked utter dog muck when i've seen him! What is going on? Schlupp going United and Bolger to Bolton. Either Pearson is clueless or football is going mad.

Bolger going to Bolton sounds like good business by Pearson if we can get a fee, maybe the Schupp deal is a potential swap for Keane.

Going to Bolton?

Strange!

Surely if he's good enough for another Championship club to want him then he might have got close to our squad at some point.

Or is our squad so much better than Bolton's? :)

We've got 4 centre halves who are a long way ahead of him from what I've seen in friendlies. I know a Bolton fan who is forever saying how poor their centre halves are. The only centre half he likes is Wheater and he's injured I think.

He's not even close to Championship level. Mad. We loaned two CBs to Rovers and Parkes was and still is comfortably the better player, that's been stated by their old manager and most their fans. Yet Parkes has joined them permanently and Bolger is going to Bolton!

Bolton perhaps see his potential for the future.

Bolton will be taking part in an excellent downsizing exercise over the summer. With no sight of Johnny Moneybags buying the club and clearing the tremendous debt they have, and the high inevitability of remaining in the CCC this season, looking for players who can keep the wages low, as they replace the high earners seems the logical approach for them.

Thanks Sherlock. There was me thinking they needed a new receptionist.

Ooooh sarky!

It was more a response to the posts on here saying they couldn't understand why Bolton were signing him.

He's not even close to Championship level. Mad. We loaned two CBs to Rovers and Parkes was and still is comfortably the better player, that's been stated by their old manager and most their fans. Yet Parkes has joined them permanently and Bolger is going to Bolton!

Bolger is very highly thought of by some of the LCFC coaching staff but ultimately not by the one whose opinion really counts

Will be interesting to see how things pan out over the next couple of seasons

Think it probably makes sense for all parties concerned to be honest

Archived