Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Cameron Stewart

I think a lot of people of missing out the fact that NP got the best out of him. It is not a coincidence that Stewart ripped us apart at the KC stadium last season, he wanted to impress pearson and wanted him to sign him.

NP knows what he is capable of, and NP got the best out of him.

Remember when Sven and Sousa got nothing out of hobbs, fryatt and king?? But the previous season under NP they looked like some of the better players in the championship, and under him at hull hobbs and fryatt both regained form.

NP knows him, if he is having a difficult time personally then this would be the best club for him, working under the management team which got the best out of him, as well as playing and training alongside some of his old pals at United.

Considering 'Dyer is Dyer', inconsistent and not getting any younger then Stewart could be a good player, and a possible replacement for lloyd.

It is not a case of just collecting players, but it is another step towards 'self-sustainment' something which the owners talked about. He will be another young player, who would not expect a high wage considering he is 'out of form', and with improvement could establish himself just like james, drinky and de laet have.

Marshall and knockaert are better wont happen.

Ben Marshall could well be surplus at the end of the season,nothing against the lad he is a good player.. though were can you play him,he lacks pace to play a wide role,and because he is not as good as Knockaert he will always play second fiddle.

I think a lot of people of missing out the fact that NP got the best out of him. It is not a coincidence that Stewart ripped us apart at the KC stadium last season, he wanted to impress pearson and wanted him to sign him.

NP knows what he is capable of, and NP got the best out of him.

Remember when Sven and Sousa got nothing out of hobbs, fryatt and king?? But the previous season under NP they looked like some of the better players in the championship, and under him at hull hobbs and fryatt both regained form.

NP knows him, if he is having a difficult time personally then this would be the best club for him, working under the management team which got the best out of him, as well as playing and training alongside some of his old pals at United.

Considering 'Dyer is Dyer', inconsistent and not getting any younger then Stewart could be a good player, and a possible replacement for lloyd.

It is not a case of just collecting players, but it is another step towards 'self-sustainment' something which the owners talked about. He will be another young player, who would not expect a high wage considering he is 'out of form', and with improvement could establish himself just like james, drinky and de laet have.

Didn't King score a shiteload under Sven? Just sayin

Didn't King score a shiteload under Sven? Just sayin

He'd got about 6 under Sousa and then another 10 under Sven, he definitely prospered goals wise under those 2. Although he wasn't too bad under Nige the first time round as he hit double figures both seasons.

Knockaert, Marshall, Dyer,Gallagher, Waghorn, schlupp we have plenty of players who can play out wide plus Vardy if we're desperate! Stewart has gone off the boil we don't need him.

How often have we played Waghorn and Schlupp on the wing this season?

On top of that, would you really be happy to see Gallagher return as a first team regular?

Add to this the fact that Dyer is 30, totally dependent on his pace and nowhere near good enough to be a top flight starter while Marshall (like Dyer, it should be noted) has failed to produce the goods consistently this season and that leaves us with Knockaert... who has also struggled for consistency.

We may need more options in the centre of defence, midfield and almost certainly at left back, but a new winger - especially a young one who has worked well with Pearson in the past - has to be high up on the list of priorities,

He'd got about 6 under Sousa and then another 10 under Sven, he definitely prospered goals wise under those 2. Although he wasn't too bad under Nige the first time round as he hit double figures both seasons.

But King wasn't in the first team at the start of last season, under Sven, and looked very poor from then on. That said, he was very good under Sousa and Sven the previous season, as he was under NP for two years before that.

Ben Marshall could well be surplus at the end of the season,nothing against the lad he is a good player.. though were can you play him,he lacks pace to play a wide role,and because he is not as good as Knockaert he will always play second fiddle.

I hear a lot of people saying Knockaert and Marshall lack pace, but I don't see it. For me it's the speed of their reactions which is wanting at times, and the time they take on the ball.

Second fiddle? Marshall has started the last three games along with Knockaert apart from yesterday when he came on for Marshall. Stewart is not better than Marshall he's done nothing since Pearson left Hull and he was shite for Burnley against us. Lack pace? Marshall is quite quick you cant compare everyone to Dyer who is probably the fastest in our league.

Like I said he is a good player ,though for some reason he has been rubbish this season...its know wonder Pearson is looking to strenghen the midfield....you cannot wait forever to find his form.

But we've good in the last 3 matches he's started, he will not replace Marshall with Stewart I would put money on it. So stop talking tosh, Nugent didnt score for 11games so that puts your look on things out the window.

He was dropped after about 8 games because he was out of sorts,recently he has been back but he has still be poor,even the Huddersfield demolition he kept giving the ball away.....is it a coincidence that we are in the hunt for a wide and midfield player?

He was dropped after about 8 games because he was out of sorts,recently he has been back but he has still be poor,even the Huddersfield demolition he kept giving the ball away.....is it a coincidence that we are in the hunt for a wide and midfield player?

Stewart would not be seen as a replacement. Just an addition to improve the squad.

Thats only what your hear knowone knows who were after but It wont be Stewart. People have best spells thats life like I said look at Nugent.

Marshall has been improving recently, he's certainly been better in his last few games than he was at the start of the season. He put in decent performances against both Huddersfield and Hull, and was a constant threat at Burnley. I'm not surprised that we're looking for a wide man, Dyer is ridiculously inconsistent and once his pace goes, he's not going to be left with much as he certainly can't rely on his crossing ability.

I strongly disagree with the assertions that Marshall's crap. I think he's been a useful player: He's scored 3 and provided 6 from 15 starts and 11 10 sub appearances (came on in the 90th at Huddersfield), or 1314 minutes, that's a goal of sorts every 146 mins, including two notable periods of dropped form.

His problem is that he's better on the right side, but so is Knocky, so he tends to be put out on the left where Dyer's going to become anonymous in time (harsh but fair), which could well be why Nige would be looking to recruit a new winger. Not because he doesn't think Ben's up to the task.

No.

Would you be comfortable in him being able to replace Konchesky in this position fully?

Can't see it happening.

No but as temp cover I don't mind him. I think if Konch was to leave we would probably buy another. Until then I think Pearson will stick with Jeff as back up.

I agree as temp cover he is fine. However, with him being temp cover I think this has brought about a complacency to Konchesky's game which has seen him drop off his level from last season.

He needs real competition for his place at LB and temp cover in the form of Schlupp don't cut it.

In this window though I still see CM, CB, LW, LB (in that order of priority) required. However I only think we'll get one in this window out of those.

Said a week ago, we need five but we'll end up with two. One down with Wood, one to go.

No.

Would you be comfortable in him being able to replace Konchesky in this position fully?

Can't see it happening.

Since Konchesky has looked past it in a lot of games this season, yes I do.

Schlupp was doing fine then had one shocker against Leeds and he's barely been sighted since.

Archived