Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Cameron Stewart

Dyer had a decent run in the side but, no, he's neither a week-in-week-out player for a promotion challenging team in this league, nor anything more than an occasional impact sub at a higher level (and I'm sure a lot of Pearson's transfer moves are with half an eye on what happens if we go up).

Marshall's stats are very good (6 assists - more than anyone in the team, and 4 goals) but his all-round contribution has been very mixed and he appears to take too long on the ball which, to me, suggests a worrying lack of awareness/footballing intelligence; something which is bad enough in this league but would make him virtually useless at a higher level if he doesn't start to develop as a player. I do wonder whether his inability to learn/progress was part of the reason for Stoke letting him go.

There's clearly no consensus on here that either are good enough. Add to that Knockaert's inconsistency and I'd say that places a winger fairly high up our list of priorities.

I also agree that a new LB, possibly a CB (if we can't find a Ben Thatcher-esque left back who can occupy both positions) and a CM are all players we'd ideally like to see come in, but I suspect that if we stay free from injuries we can fill those positions very effectively from within our existing squad.

Knockaert, Marshall and Dyer are good enough, it's just Marshall needs to find some form.

And what do we do when one of them gets injured? Nige clearly doesn't have much faith in playing the likes of Schlupp or Gallagher there and I would think he has good reasons for that - the obvious conclusion is that we need more depth in that position since we have so few reliable options at the moment.

The lad lost his way. The plaudits & attention went to his head & he lost focus.. typical modern footballer

Steve Bruce doesn't want him. Cant see Stewart being here at the end of this window http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/story-17799261-detail/story.html?

Pearson is a canny manager who knows how to kick-start Stewart's career.. I doubt he'd get anywhere near your first-team for a while

We've spent some coin in this window & need to shift out a few non-starters. £300,000 would re-coup what we paid. Think our owners are pragmatic & would do business with Leicester, we've moved on from 12 months ago. Animosity has subsided towards Pearson, most appreciate the good job he done here..

Turning down the £1.5m seems odd now, but it was the right thing to do at the time. Had Stewart left, other key players would have followed..

The lad lost his way. The plaudits & attention went to his head & he lost focus.. typical modern footballer

Steve Bruce doesn't want him. Cant see Stewart being here at the end of this window http://www.thisishul...ail/story.html?

Pearson is a canny manager who knows how to kick-start Stewart's career.. I doubt he'd get anywhere near your first-team for a while

We've spent some coin in this window & need to shift out a few non-starters. £300,000 would re-coup what we paid. Think our owners are pragmatic & would do business with Leicester, we've moved on from 12 months ago. Animosity has subsided towards Pearson, most appreciate the good job he done here..

Turning down the £1.5m seems odd now, but it was the right thing to do at the time. Had Stewart left, other key players would have followed..

Hmm, so there are some normal Hull fans out there somewhere. Where were you when this last came up?

Archived