Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Boro Post Match Thread (1-0 home win)

Stuart.

We know a lot of the same people so will save you from a normal scaving I'd give most people in this instance

"If you watching this on TV you're a ****"

When the City is grid locked, when their are neutrals watching, when there are fans, who have tried to get to the game game but have failed to have rocked up in the nearest pub, is totally out of ****ing order.

At the end of the day, the chant doesn't go " If your watching this on TV but did you very best to get to the game despite the bad weather, and of course taking into how far you had to travel...you might be a ****"

See my post below yours.

Somewhere else on another thread I've posted defending fans from NW Leics- It took me 45 mins ti get from Coalville to Lougborough at 3pm. It took my mum a 3 hour round trip to go from coalville to shepshed and back at 5pm. 6 of my mates who usually drive from coalville decided not to go tonight. Some knew about the A50 being shut, others didn't.

A chant is a chant, one person singing it will have different connatations to the person next to them also singing it.

I'm not trying to justify why I sang the song, I don't need to, but the ones I aimed it at will take it in good heart.

I think judging by the weather in general across the country today and reading Cardiff's forum in the other thread, people watching realised how bad the weather was and the reasons for the low attendance.

The 'watching on the tele' chant tonight was to me, more tongue in cheek than anything. Maybe other fans singing it meant it wholeheartedly and obviously you can't differnetiate between the two

F*uck off mate lol

Save "tongue in cheek" for the away fans, dont attack your own. It was, and always is, a "I'm a better fan than you" chant, and that is why I will never, ever sing it. Sad thing 95% of the twats singing probably have Sky Sports as well

There is no Defending singing that, esp tonight, no humour at all, alot of fans arrived late, or couldn't arrive at all, for someone who promotes the rights of fans on this forum your comments are very sadening.

Because plenty tried to get to the game and legitimately couldn't. Others like myself were left little choice because their lifts decided they couldn't/wouldn't go and others simply wouldn't have been able to get in or back due to troubles on the roads. At least 3000-4000 season ticket holders couldn't get to that game, don't think for a second that none of those people were 'bothered' because it was a bit cold. I've never missed a home game while I've been a season ticket holder because 'it would be easier to watch it on the telly' and wouldn't have missed today's game if it was at all avoidable, I'm sure there are many others in the same position.

This suggestion that we only have, what, 7000 odd loyal fans is ridiculous. Today was a case of a few fans from large distances having the time and the ability to get to the game, plenty of fans who live within walking distance of the stadium turning up, a selection of fans not bothering because of the TV and cold and a much larger proportion who were desperate to get to the game who either literally couldn't or didn't believe they could do so safely. There are plenty of reasons to criticise our fans nowadays, but this isn't one of them. You're not a better fan because you could get a lift to the ground or were within walking distance, you're just luckier than a lot of us who would have loved nothing more than to have been at the ground today as they are every other game season in season out.

Agree with the vast majority of this, Mark, but it's a fact that some fans miss games because of the cold/Sky. Yes, today was exceptional, and that's why if you read my post I didn't slate our fans.

I have never for one minute thought that I was a better fan than anyone. I think my original post may have been misinterpreted.

See my post below yours.

Somewhere else on another thread I've posted defending fans from NW Leics- It took me 45 mins ti get from Coalville to Lougborough at 3pm. It took my mum a 3 hour round trip to go from coalville to shepshed and back at 5pm. 6 of my mates who usually drive from coalville decided not to go tonight. Some knew about the A50 being shut, others didn't.

A chant is a chant, one person singing it will have different connatations to the person next to them also singing it.

I'm not trying to justify why I sang the song, I don't need to, but the ones I aimed it at will take it in good heart.

Ha ha, how you have to explain yourself for singing a song.

F*uck off mate lol

Save "tongue in cheek" for the away fans, dont attack your own. It was, and always is, a "I'm a better fan than you" chant, and that is why I will never, ever sing it. Sad thing 95% of the twats singing probably have Sky Sports as well

There is no Defending singing that, esp tonight, no humour at all, alot of fans arrived late, or couldn't arrive at all, for someone who promotes the rights of fans on this forum your comments are very sadening.

I also text one of the lads whilst singing it telling we were singing about him.

Its just how us mates are as a group. TBF we even sang the surname of one of the lads we were singing about after the word ''****''

It may come across as attacking our fans, I'm not. I know only the excuses of my mates who didn't make it tonight. I'm not gonna apologise to someone else for taking the piss out of good mates of mine

Ha ha, how you have to explain yourself for singing a song.

I know, can't believe I'm bothering really.

I'm sorry but that chant was aimed at anyone watching it on the telly, does what it says on the tin really. And for those who were desperate to be in the ground it was depressing to hear. If you were aiming it at your mates you could have simply done that outside of the ground, but those who did chant it today were patting themselves on the back for being better supporters, when in actuality they just found it easier to get to the game today. I'm fairly sure that 90% of fans who intended to go to the game would have done their best to get there and today of all days that chant just wasn't neccessary. I'm not annoyed with it because I felt 'guilty' at all, but to me it felt like some fans kicking their fellow fans while they were down, I know that's not how you specifically meant it, but it was still dissapointing.

I can understand why some people would just think it to be tongue in cheek.

Unfortunately though, there are definitely a certain number of fans who are being serious - and some of these ironically are your classic accumulator checkers.

I know people would like to think that everyone in K and L are just good lads who like a bit of atmosphere and have a sense of humour. But sadly that is not the case, there are some top blokes in there but there are a high percentage of absolute cvnts. There's plenty booing players on a regular basis, laughing and taking the piss when someone starts an old school/new original chant, trying to cause arguments with other fans, singing other clubs anthems to try and piss their rivals off, showing no enthusiasm and paying no attention to the game or generally just being a hypocrite.

You do know that there are areas that are technically part of the city that are almost two hours away on foot, that would have meant getting back after a two hour walk at about midnight tonight. You're not a better fan than everyone else because you were able to get to the game today, because a lot of people tried bloody hard to get to it.

How far away do you live and how did you get to the game?

I haven't said I was a better fan or criticised anyone that tried.

Not that it matters but I live 4 miles away in Oadby and I walked (rather than driving half way). It took me an hour and 15 each way.

I was enjoying the win, until I read the last two pages of this thread.

If you went you went, if you didn't you didn't. Nobody expects people to walk from Loughbrough or wherever far you come from.

If you live close to the ground like me, then fair enough, if you braved it and somehow got there great effort, if you tried but failed still it's the effort what counts, and if you thought staying at home was the best option because you would struggle to get out the house, then that's understandable.

I'm sorry but that chant was aimed at anyone watching it on the telly, does what it says on the tin really. And for those who were desperate to be in the ground it was depressing to hear. If you were aiming it at your mates you could have simply done that outside of the ground, but those who did chant it today were patting themselves on the back for being better supporters, when in actuality they just found it easier to get to the game today. I'm fairly sure that 90% of fans who intended to go to the game would have done their best to get there and today of all days that chant just wasn't neccessary. I'm not annoyed with it because I felt 'guilty' at all, but to me it felt like some fans kicking their fellow fans while they were down, I know that's not how you specifically meant it, but it was still dissapointing.

I really wasn't and I really didn't. Got picked up at 3pm today, went to my mates in Loughborough which took 45mins, got a lift to the station, train into leicester, walked towards the ground (then found out any lift I was hoping of back home had deteriorated due to them not coming to the game) Ended up on a train back to loughborough and luckily managed to get a taxi back to coalville at the price of £26. Now i@m not telling you this to tell you how good a fan I am, I'm just letting you know it wasn't that easy.

I'm sure other fans who sang that chant tomight knew noone who couldn't make it, so were being contentious. Personally speaking, I don't know how I'd make 'bully, jack, bunce, ollie, sam, alex, daz, dave, ian and andy' fit into the rhyme of 'if you're watching on the tele'

I can understand why some people would just think it to be tongue in cheek.

Unfortunately though, there are definitely a certain number of fans who are being serious - and some of these ironically are your classic accumulator checkers.

I know people would like to think that everyone in K and L are just good lads who like a bit of atmosphere and have a sense of humour. But sadly that is not the case, there are some top blokes in there but there are a high percentage of absolute cvnts. There's plenty booing players on a regular basis, laughing and taking the piss when someone starts an old school/new original chant, trying to cause arguments with other fans, singing other clubs anthems to try and piss their rivals off, showing no enthusiasm and paying no attention to the game or generally just being a hypocrite.

Top post

Phew.

At times, I thought we'd crumble.

Honestly, Middlesbrough are a VERY good side and deserve to be in the playoff places.

I thought Boro were every bit the team I thought they were from the number of times I've seen them this season: piss poor.

They attacked by virtue of being allowed to, they missed every chance because their front line is feeble. When pressed in the middle and at the back their control and passing was dire. Communication across the field was poor and self-discipline tailed off as they anticipated another away defeat because they don't have the mental constitution to go for a win.

Boro aren't a very good Championship side, we are. We are a 'very good side' because we can win with a swagger and grab three points when pushed to. Boro are the very model of an inconsistent side hoping to sneak the playoffs.

Our heads weren't at the game in the begining but still Boro couldn't make an advantage of it. The number of times they powered balls high and wide emphasised the joke element in their squad.

Worst of all for them - they were playing at their best. We took the points and were playing at a walk.

Upwards and onwards...

I also text one of the lads whilst singing it telling we were singing about him.

Its just how us mates are as a group. TBF we even sang the surname of one of the lads we were singing about after the word ''****''

It may come across as attacking our fans, I'm not. I know only the excuses of my mates who didn't make it tonight. I'm not gonna apologise to someone else for taking the piss out of good mates of mine

I know, can't believe I'm bothering really.

I didn't hear you tonight. So great, but I've heard it before and it has caused me offense, a few years ago in fact, and to be honest I didn't go to a game for awhile because of it, as I'd made a big trip away one week, the week after someone in my family had got ill, very ill. We were bundling through it, a few of us went to watch a Leicester game down the pub as a bit of a release, and what do we get, "if your watching this on TV you're a ****"

Every time I hear that chant, especially when we are away when certain people can't go for a number of reasons. Makes my blood boil. It is not funny, at all, underlined by the fact that I've never heard any other club sing it. It's Pathetic

Simple minded teenage twats who think they're the dog bollocks for going to a game, lets see if their still going in their 30's and 40's and maybe they'll have a right to sing that.

Excellent win tonight! :scarf: But a VERY hard fought one! Middlesbrough have the makings of a really strong side and could have snatched this one tonight if our nerve failed, but delighted it held for 90 minutes! :pearson:

So good luck to them and well done to all the hardy souls who made it to the ground tonight! :thumbup:

Up the foxes!

I was enjoying the win, until I read the last two pages of this thread.

If you went you went, if you didn't you didn't. Nobody expects people to walk from Loughbrough or wherever far you come from.

If you live close to the ground like me, then fair enough, if you braved it and somehow got there great effort, if you tried but failed still it's the effort what counts, and if you thought staying at home was the best option because you would struggle to get out the house, then that's understandable.

THIS

Why do the threads always turn into this?

I didn't hear you tonight. So great, but I've heard it before and it has caused me offense, a few years ago in fact, and to be honest I didn't go to a game for awhile because of it, as I'd made a big trip away one week, the week after someone in my family had got ill, very ill. We were bundling through it, a few of us went to watch a Leicester game down the pub as a bit of a release, and what do we get, "if your watching this on TV you're a ****"

Every time I hear that chant, especially when we are away when certain people can't go for a number of reasons. Makes my blood boil. It is not funny, at all, underlined by the fact that I've never heard any other club sing it. It's Pathetic

Simple minded teenage twats who think they're the dog bollocks for going to a game, lets see if their still going in their 30's and 40's and maybe they'll have a right to sing that.

I hear what you're saying, but people don't sing a song aimed at causing offense to someone lile the situation you were in. I too have heard it at away games whilst I've watched it at home. My mates singing and aiming it at me. Thats what i meant earlier by swings and roundabouts.

Id like to think 90% of those singing that tonight were doing so tongue on cheek. Afterall they wouldve seen the state of the roads and traffic on their way to the ground.

Can't people are getting worked up over a fvcking chant, it is funny in an inbetweeners shouting "bus wankers" kind of way, it is also a bit of a fvck you to Sky, it has some profanity which is always funny, like "Oooooooh, twat, you're shit aghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!".

If I ever hear it being chanted and I'm watching on Sky, then I normally laugh, I don't take it personally, although it may be because I learnt to accept I was a cvnt many years ago.

I hear what you're saying, but people don't sing a song aimed at causing offense to someone lile the situation you were in. I too have heard it at away games whilst I've watched it at home. My mates singing and aiming it at me. Thats what i meant earlier by swings and roundabouts.

Id like to think 90% of those singing that tonight were doing so tongue on cheek. Afterall they wouldve seen the state of the roads and traffic on their way to the ground.

Save the swings and roundabouts for the other team, or our rivals, dont attack your own fans, ever. Out the question. Especially on a night like tonight.

Archived