Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Boro Post Match Thread (1-0 home win)

We deserved the win. They had a lot of the ball in the middle of the park but thats natural as they had an extra man. The fact is they did fvck all with it and only really created half chances and some shots from distance. We hit the woodwork 3 times, forced Steele into some decent saves and had two goals chalked off.

We got what we deserved. We didnt steam roller them but you wouldnt expect too as they are a promotion contender. But a win and another clean sheet shows we absolutely deserve 2nd spot.

Great game to watch, albeit a nervy one from two very good Championship sides.

Boro' dominated possession for most of the game but we soaked it up and hit them on the counter. Whether that was the tactics discussed beforehand I don't know but probably not, they just caused us a lot of problems.

We won the game because are front line was more effective than theirs, apart from that and goal scoring chances I thought it was quite even in terms of performance.

A hard fought out 3pts which will boost morale and confidence even more.

Does anybody else agree with me that although boro had a lot of possession and more passes , they had it in non threatening areas?

It's like when teams knock it around their back four, close them down yes but do it constructively and we showed it a lot today. We closed them into an area where a long pass was the only option, and they were wasteful. Lots of aimless crosses into the box.

Not the best performance but how many of these have we lost, how many times have we battered teams and not got what we deserved! This is payback for the Cardiff result!

Does anybody else agree with me that although boro had a lot of possession and more passes , they had it in non threatening areas?

It's like when teams knock it around their back four, close them down yes but do it constructively and we showed it a lot today. We closed them into an area where a long pass was the only option, and they were wasteful. Lots of aimless crosses into the box.

Not the best performance but how many of these have we lost, how many times have we battered teams and not got what we deserved! This is payback for the Cardiff result!

They did, their finishing by and large was appalling.

Schmeichel made two crucial saves but Steele made more. We were better in their box than they were in ours.

Exactly, they just couldn't penetrate us and it showed through the amount of long shots they had

Just got back, jesus fookin christ...I really need to swear, my word, that was drama.

I am absolutely wacked, that was absolutely incredible, never jumped and celebrated so much with the goal, penalty save and the final whistle.

I am out of words for that game, Schmeichel you are immense, Wes Morgan you are incredible, David Nugent you are a hero.

What a game, what drama, what a result.

PS.Emmanuel Ledesma is an absolute and utter ****

WELL DONE THE CITY :scarf:

They came with a game plan and, to be fair, it actually didn't pay off.

We hit the woodwork three times before we scored.

They actually looked a far more dangerous side when they had two up top and, if it wasn't for our excellent defensive effort, and the save from Kasper, they could have gotten back into the game.

It would have been interesting to see what would happened if they would have gone for it right from the start.

Yes, I completely agree. It's ok to pass it around, but with no end product that's pointless.

First home game I've missed this season and I had to endure the Sky TV commentary. They spent most of the time w**king about how good boro were and then had to backtrack every time they flashed up the goal attempts icon.

Frankly we looked the more likely to score all night, even when we had less of the ball, and for that reason we deserved the win.

Completely agree. I honestly couldnt see them scoring.

Exactly, they just couldn't penetrate us and it showed through the amount of long shots they had

Exactly right. Noticed a few times they tried to get through the gap between our centre backs and full back and konchesky , even Nugent tracking back, managed to get a foot in to cut it out and bring the ball out.

enjoyed the whole day tbh-took us a while to sort out the tactics,much better with knocky right and marshall left lets de leat hit the right side and konch the left.,wood and nuge playing reasonably close together.all looks very good.good effort and well done the fans who made it.Hope we can all enjoy a nice summers day at the end of the season

Could hardly keep an eye on the game the last 5 minutes with the midfield backing so far off but enjoyed the match regardless. Glad for the stream so I can watch in my office at work. Great win and KS comes through with the big save.

I thought they played well to be fair, we deserved the points but they look a good outfit.

Kasper - what a hero

Morgan - he really is class. Some of the cleverest defending you could possibly hope to see in this division

Nugent - taken Wood's arrival in his stride and the hard work paid off, that was a supreme finish from what looked only a half-chance.

Partnership between Wood and Nugent looking very good already, really have hit it off.

I have only String & Young's miscellaneous ramblings to base this on but it sounded that our midfield failed to impose itself, that despite 3 woodworks and 2 disallowed goals it was a reasonably even contest. Kaspar saved a point blank header as well as the pen.,Morgan was immense and Nuge and Wood look a promising partnership.A vital win,provided we build on it.

Archived