Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Boro Post Match Thread (1-0 home win)

Got back a little while ago. The roads on the way back were great. The worst of it was in Leicester on the M1 just because of the snow going all over the place while you drive into it.

So happy with how tonight went in the end. I got into Leicester at about 17:00 - 17:10 and was barely moving at all between the M1 roundabout and Aylestone Road. Was also listening to different people phoning into Radio Leicester talking about how they were struggling to move anywhere on various roads throughout the city etc. Then they were talking about the ref being about to make a decision. That was possibly the worst part of the journey, just hoping to god that I hadn't wasted all this time effort and money for nothing.

Anyway, the match. Middlesborough were a decent footballing team and better than I expected them to be. A large part of this is was down to them adapting better to the conditions. They seemed to be able to control the ball better and press us when we had possession and marking all the other players that our man on the ball had to pass to, leading to us kicking it longer and longer which inevitably lead to us giving the ball away. We were very unlucky not to go into a lead at half time with Knockaert and Keane hitting the woodwork. That said, there was one moment where Knockaert and Wood were running in on goal but he Knockaert didn't slip him in and went for glory from a much more difficult position, that pissed me right off! In terms of the football played though, I think they edged the first half.

Boro still had their spells in the 2nd half though we got more into the game and in the final third, looked much more threatening. We were desperately unlucky to hit the bar for a third time. I haven't seen the offsides again but the 1st goal didn't look it to me from where I was (not a great view in K Block). It really seemed like it was going to be one of those nights. The first goal really was going to be crucial but luckily with Nugent scoring a wondergoal, that went our way. After the goal, we just seemed to keep inviting pressure and we really struggled to keep the ball, though we did still look dangerous when we were on the attack.

Just before the penalty, Lloyd was running at goal and had a man free on his left, I was screaming for that pass to be made but he tried to slip Wood in on goal. This is fine when we're drawing or losing but in a game where we're 1 up with not much longer to go, against a decent side and we were struggling to keep the ball, that was not required! In terms of the penalty itself, I didn't really see what happened or why it was given, it was gutting though. Kasper was an absolute hero at that moment and such moments can go on to define a teams season. I also have a video of that moment :).

Personally, I'm delighted that the game went ahead and the night went the way it did. I know there are plenty of people who would've loved to have made it but couldn't. Having driven through parts of Leicester, I can understand that. If you weren't in Leicester at the time, then the chance of getting into the city, actually moving in the traffic, finding somewhere to park and getting to the ground were minimal so you wouldn't've been able to make it. I feel for you all.

Also, I wasn't singing the "If you're watching on the telly" song!

FOOKIN YES LADS!

Was watchin this at an Irish pub in Brussels with alternating loud music/guitar man in the background and no tv soundtrack so I missed the oh so controversial chanting.

Went ballistic at the TV screen when the hand ball was given against... I want to say Drinky, was pretty drunk by then so could well be wrong, after us not getting something like 3 handballs previous. Made a tit of myself screaming after Knocky's shot off the crossbar didn't cross the line, equally so when Nuge's 'offside' did cross the line and even more so when Nuge scored the legit goal. Was shitting myself when Vardy gave that pen away, but the second Emnes made that massive jump to his left I was screaming that Kasper would save it to the right of the goal. GET IN KASPER!

All in all had a great night making a twat of myself as the only guy who gave a shit about what was going on on the telly in the busiest pub in town (€1 beers? Ta very much).

FWIW the only other guy in the pub paying any attention to the footy thought it was a well deserved win and Boro never really looked like threatening (minus the pen) - have to say I wholeheartedly agree. I'm finally beginning to believe we can make the autos, but that might be the beers talking.

Watched the game on delay from sunny Glenelg down under via Setanta - Bundesliga got priority re live coverage! Miss the Sky coverage we used to get on Fox Sports - Setanta coverage starts with teams walking out, single commentator and no pre, half time or post match analysis and interviews but at least I get to see us play. My thoughts:

Very stop start perfromance overall by us and too many times especially after we scored did we sit back and allow Boro to run at us? When we pressed and took the initiative we looked good and controlled the game. Unlucky not have wrapped up the points earlier given hitting the woodwork plus a couple of other chances both sides of halftime that should have been converted. Other weeks no doubt they most likely would have been? Great save by Kasper ultmately gave us the bit of luck we deserved - other weeks in the past we would have either lost 0-1 or hung on for a point. Good sign considering it wasn't a great performance. Defence still a worry out wide. I worry everytime Konchesky gets near the ball - his disposal by foot is average re hitting targets, gets caught out of position too often and is exposed for lack of pace too often. I actually thought De Laet was ok overall except he did look a bit down and also was exposed re positioning a few times. Keane looks good but will he hold his spot if and when SSL gets back provided of course his loan spell is extended again. Wes Morgan - brilliant again.

Midfield looked very average - Drinkwater and James very quiet and seemed to sit back way too far which encouraged Boro to run at us into some big space in our middle third. Marshall and Knock looked ok outwide and made up for Drinkwater and James.

Vardy - I read alot about him on here re if he is or isn't good enough? Having only seen a few games in full via the TV this year, he looks ok at times, seems timid to pull the trigger or to actually make a decisive decision more often than not and I am not sure why Pearson bothered to sub him on when he did - Waghorn would have been better value at that time IMO. Lucky for Vardy that Kasper saved him from some more very harsh criticism. I would prefer Futacs on the bench rather than Vardy.

Still we got all 3 points against a quality opponent in poor condtions and keep the pressure on for automatic promotion.

As for atmosphere via the TV, understandably not great given only 9,000 turned out re the weather. Couldn't really make out too much signing from our lot from the coverage I watched except when Knocky got subbed and his song belted out quite loudly!

Thought they edged the play at times but we always looked more dangerous in front of goal. This strike partnership really could be something special. Kasper and Morgan are gods!

Great win and so good to see us in 2nd place. Puts some pressure on Cardiff and hill for tomorrow. So proud to be a leicester fan right now!!!!

Also well done to Mowe and his team for making this game possible to play. Great work

Thought they edged the play at times but we always looked more dangerous in front of goal. This strike partnership really could be something special. Kasper and Morgan are gods!

His positioning was superb all match, he only got caught out on a couple of occasions and even then it was only a ball being pushed out wide before De Laet mopped up or pulled back for someone to hoof the ball to our fans. All in all very promising stuff if we get to the P'ship.

slept on it and still got a warm glow.middlesborough presented a few challenges with their formation and the staff should watch the vid to review that -if we are a prem team that will be a weeklley challenge.Hindsight but you wonder why vardy was put on and futacs not on the bench-hope everyone is home by now!

What we should bear in mind is that the teams yet to come to Leicester will have seen that, and probably thought they should do what Boro did to keep us relatively quiet in midfield - I thought they had us there. But what is frightening is even with a stifled midfield we created chance after chance, hitting the woodwork four times, and having a perfectly good goal disallowed (there is no way Nugent was offside the first time - I had a real laugh at the commentator trying desperately not to admit he was onside).

Glad I made it. Took about 1 1/4 hours to do a 25 minute drive, thankfully they delayed kick off as my lift was late. Kasper, Nuge, Wes, becoming club legends.

i know people will disagree but I'd put Nuge in the same list as the O'neill era players as club "legends" hate that word! lol

I just think he gives his all and has won us so many games. He kept us going with his goals until we could strengthen in jan. we could've been out of the running by now without those goals. My favourite city player for the past few years

At the full time whistle, when all the players rushed over to Kasper and hugging each other was great to see! Shows what a tight unit we are now; clearing out the dead-wood from the previous ears.

Fantastic game, credit to both fans.

At the full time whistle, when all the players rushed over to Kasper and hugging each other was great to see! Shows what a tight unit we are now; clearing out the dead-wood from the previous ears.

I agree entirely. Come May, it'll be interesting to see who is the Player of the Season: Wes, Kasper, Nuge, Wood, Knocky... oh fvck it, make them all Players of the Season - they deserve it.

Great team performance, and credit to all the fans of both teams who made it to the match. Come on Peterborough!

Oh come on, the attendance wasn't that bad. :P

F*uck off mate lol

Save "tongue in cheek" for the away fans, dont attack your own. It was, and always is, a "I'm a better fan than you" chant, and that is why I will never, ever sing it. Sad thing 95% of the twats singing probably have Sky Sports as well

There is no Defending singing that, esp tonight, no humour at all, alot of fans arrived late, or couldn't arrive at all, for someone who promotes the rights of fans on this forum your comments are very sadening.

how dare u attack GOD ?

Couldn't make it last night due to the weather, but managed to watch it round a mates on sky instead. I'm pretty sure that penalty save is going to be the difference between us getting an automatic spot, loved the reaction from the players and the noise from the fans, really hope vardy bought kasper a kebab after the game. Let him off the hook big time.

Full commentary from last night is anybody fancies a listen

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b01qf0td

I was underwhelmed when I first saw us linked with him. I saw him as a lumbering hulk of a centre-half, but he reads the games brilliantly and is deceptively quick. I haven't seen a better centre-half this season, though I wouldn't say no to Bikey if St. Ledger moves on.

Anyway, I was definitely wrong about Wes. Best centre-half outside the Premiership.

Imagine a Morgan-Bikey partnership :wub:

Archived