Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Boro Post Match Thread (1-0 home win)

Great entertainment.

Thought the players celebrations around Schmeichel at the final whistle were marvellous.

The fans sounded decent on Sky aswell for parts.

Great entertainment.

Thought the players celebrations around Schmeichel at the final whistle were marvellous.

The fans sounded decent on Sky aswell for parts.

I must admit I enjoyed those, he deserved as much credit as Nugent for winning that game.

Some negatives on here, but I thought it was a superb performance from us against a very good side. We had a lot of good possession, looked dangerous throughout, and very unlucky not to score several goals. This is the sort of performance that we needed to show that we are auto promotion candidates.

Considering the conditions I thought that both sides played good football in a very entertaining game.

Up the City!!

I think we deserved the win and was impressed with our battling abilities.

Ok we got bailed out by Kasper but overall we looked relativly solid all game(1 chance from ledesma through on goal aside).

Morgan impresses me more and more, what a beast and saved us numerous times. Keane was solid enough and reads the game well.

Drinky was very poor today and so was James..we were out done in midfield and if we wernt so solid at the back we would of been split open. Most of there dangerous play ended with a shot from 30 yards because of brilliant defending and getting bodies behind the ball.

Very impressed on the fact we have shown we can win games when IMO we were slightly outplayed at times, yet still showed we have the talent to create chances out of nothing. The type of result that a team who are automatic promotion challengers will gain. :)

James and Drinkwater may have been outnumbered and under pressure but a lot of the defending that forced 'Boro to shoot from distance was down to them and on occasion, Marshall. Not everyone was at their best but their effort and commitment was unquestioned..... :thumbup:

James and Drinkwater may have been outnumbered and under pressure but a lot of the defending that forced 'Boro to shoot from distance was down to them and on occasion, Marshall. Not everyone was at their best but their effort and commitment was unquestioned..... :thumbup:

THIS

I was absolutely fuming at the penalty, the sound was on mute so I can't tell you what the commentators were saying, but the more they replayed it from the angles, the more it came over as a blatant dive. If it was the fella who was booked for it first half, he should have been sent off. I was seriously disguisted.

I'd been quietly nestling my pint, save for the crossbar rattling and our goal, but when Kasper saved it, i leapt up and shouted "F**K YOU, MIDDLESF**CKERS" at the top of my voice. Not the best idea in a bar up north. Everything went quiet, and I nearly got kicked out. Worth it though, top draw save from Kasper and, in my eyes, justice. :P

Other than that, an alright match, certainly not dull. The teams did well to keep playing football, although it obviously wasn't anywhere near the standard we're used to.

3 points, top 2, watch out BlueRedBirds, we're coming for you. :scarf:

Thoroughly enjoyed that from the 4-mile walk to the ground through the snow to Kasper's penalty save. Absolutely awesome evening.

I didn't think conditions were too bad around the ground - walking certainly wasn't the issue I was expecting it to be. Think it was the right decision to play the game in the end. Well, it was; because we won and kept the momentum going.

Let's be honest, 8,500 is fvcking woeful. I don't believe 6,000+ of our STHs physically couldn't get there. Yes it was impossible or difficult for some, but I'm willing to wager at least half of them just couldn't be arsed. On the plus side it cleared out the deadwood and SK1 was pretty good at times; the majority on their feet and fairly vocal throughout.

On the flipside, I must credit Boro's fans, who I thought were outstanding. Their numbers in such conditions would put a lot of PL teams to shame. Half of this league wouldn't take that many on a sunny Saturday 3pm. Their team were decent too, played some pretty stuff and their movement was as good as I've seen in this league for a long time. Very surprising that they had lost two on the bounce before tonight, and I think if we finish above them we'll be playing PL football next year.

City put in a real shift today. Would have been distraught had we not held on, so thank you very much Kasper. Top boy. Very proud of this team and I'm feeling fairly confident we'll see this season out in style. Whether that means we'll pip Cardiff, get auto or just miss out, I think we'll have had both a succesful and enjoyable season.

Thoroughly enjoyed that from the 4-mile walk to the ground through the snow to Kasper's penalty save. Absolutely awesome evening.

I didn't think conditions were too bad around the ground - walking certainly wasn't the issue I was expecting it to be. Think it was the right decision to play the game in the end. Well, it was; because we won and kept the momentum going.

Let's be honest, 8,500 is fvcking woeful. I don't believe 6,000+ of our STHs physically couldn't get there. Yes it was impossible or difficult for some, but I'm willing to wager at least half of them just couldn't be arsed. On the plus side it cleared out the deadwood and SK1 was pretty good at times; the majority on their feet and fairly vocal throughout.

On the flipside, I must credit Boro's fans, who I thought were outstanding. Their numbers in such conditions would put a lot of PL teams to shame. Half of this league wouldn't take that many on a sunny Saturday 3pm. Their team were decent too, played some pretty stuff and their movement was as good as I've seen in this league for a long time. Very surprising that they had lost two on the bounce before tonight, and I think if we finish above them we'll be playing PL football next year.

City put in a real shift today. Would have been distraught had we not held on, so thank you very much Kasper. Top boy. Very proud of this team and I'm feeling fairly confident we'll see this season out in style. Whether that means we'll pip Cardiff, get auto or just miss out, I think we'll have had both a succesful and enjoyable season.

Defending the lot from NW Leics- It took me and my mate who picked me up 45mins to get from coalville to loughborough. It took my mates mate 2 hours from Loughborough to Leicester. It took my mum a 3 hour round trip from coalville to shepshed to fetch my missis so i could go tonight. A lorry overturned on the A50 too, between Coalville and M1 so I think that got shut down too

Archived