Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Boro Post Match Thread (1-0 home win)

Phew.

At times, I thought we'd crumble.

Honestly, Middlesbrough are a VERY good side and deserve to be in the playoff places.

I was stunned as to how much space we let them use and how much possession they had - and that for an away team.

I only seldomly felt as if we were controlling the game. Although we hit the woodwork three times, it was an even game with a slight advantage to Middlesbrough.

A glimpse of genius was all that we needed. Thank god for David Nugent. And Kasper Schmeichel, of course.

And our defensive setup was terrific, we dealt with Middlesbrough's attacks with relative ease. Only in the beginning did I feel as if MacDonald had nobody covering him - the longer the game went on, the tighter Morgan had summoned the other three of the back four around him.

The last few minutes were nerve-racking, though. Defended way too deep and Boro could've well nicked a point.

Now up to second in the table. Another clean sheet.

It's what they say - play ugly, win games. Signs of a team that is more likely to get promoted than others.

Home record is almost impeccable. Just a bit more luck away from the King Power and we'll be this high up for a while.

Now hoping for Hull and Crystal Palace to c*ck it up.

WOOHOO!!

A good win that could have been so different if it wasn't for the heroics of Kasper and Morgan.

Two offisde goals - one marginal and hitting the woodwork three times suggests a potent attacking threat but some last ditch defending was needed to keep us ahead.

Thoughts?

lol

Heart in the mouth at the end but plenty of positives.

• Clean sheet
  • Nugent and Wood's understanding looks excellent.
  • Morgan is absolutely monstrous.
  • Schmeichel's record from penalties is outstanding.

All in all, positive night against Borolona. 2nd place for 24 hours at least, let's keep it going! :scarf::pearson:

That is a massive win.

Two bits of brilliance won the game, Nugent's wonderful goal and Kasper's fantastic save.

Just about deserved in the end, six points taken off Middlesbrough is huge.

Don't think it should've gone ahead but it did and we managed to get the points.

lol

Heart in the mouth at the end but plenty of positives.

• Clean sheet
  • Nugent and Wood's understanding looks excellent.
  • Morgan is absolutely monstrous.
  • Schmeichel's record from penalties is outstanding.

All in all, positive night against Borolona. 2nd place for 24 hours at least, let's keep it going! :scarf::pearson:

Haven't been able to watch many Leicester matches in the last 12 months but one player who stood out for me was Big Wes he is quality reads the game so well.

Buzzing after that bloody Kasper what a save.

Archived