Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Boro Post Match Thread (1-0 home win)

Wes Morgan stand up and take a bow, the guy is a rock and has to be player of the season.

Nuge and wood. What a strike partnership,

Read each other so well and look very dangerous, both can finish to. How long have we waited for this?

Kasper, great penalty save. He doesn't have alot to do most games due to our defence but always stays 100% focused the whole match.

Keane, really like this lad, good defender and positional play, passes the ball out of defence well. With Schlupp going on trial at Utd. If he impresses would love to do a one for one swap with Keane.

Great game. Boro played well. Just so glad they couldn't finish.

So proud to be a Fox.

The watching on the telly cringe chant came out again. Embarrassing.

Wish people that went would stop thinking it's a competition. There'd have been 15k more there if it wasn't down to the weather.

Needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. In our case 6 lads who usually go decided not to take their individual cars (25+ fans from l block) and not bother at all. Certainly me singing it was aimed at them! They'll be singing it at me the next televised game I don't go to. Swings and roundabouts!

It didn't go down the drain though?

I'll be interested to know whether people with tickets who didn't attend will get refunded or not

As of this moment it's not, so the club have robbed me of my season ticket money.

Was it not only the other week a prem game got called off due yo a sodding tube strike! Yet our whole city was in bloody chaos and nothing!!

Needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. In our case 6 lads who usually go decided not to take their individual cars (25+ fans from l block) and not bother at all. Certainly me singing it was aimed at them! They'll be singing it at me the next televised game I don't go to. Swings and roundabouts!

Other people watching in the TV won't know this though.

The watching on the telly cringe chant came out again. Embarrassing.

Wish people that went would stop thinking it's a competition. There'd have been 15k more there if it wasn't down to the weather.

Half of them will get to my age have three kids by two girls and sit there watching most games televised by the company responsible for ruining football, with a can of special brew talking about the "good ole dayz down the Walkerz" While I'm at a match refusing to sing the same song they were singing ten years ago at others expense. So for me they can get on with it for all I care.

It didn't go down the drain though?

I'll be interested to know whether people with tickets who didn't attend will get refunded or not

You were reading the weather thread weren't you? You have to get them refunded at least 5 hours before, so I'm sure plenty of people lost money and didn't see the game.

I know it's trendy to lay into our fans these days but tonight is one night you should just keep it shut and accept the unusual circumstances.

We won, the atmosphere was decent so you say (it sounded good from my living room :) ) I don't see why there's something to complain about. We'll be back to 22K plus in the game against Wolves I'm sure.

Those slating your own fans for not turning up, you can **** right off.

Feel same way Babs , fair play to those that managed to go down whatever method, however the atrocious conditions and varying circumstances dictated why the majority weren't there myself included. believe me I would have much rather been at match....gutted!

Thought Boro looked good without really creating any particularly good openings (penalty aside, which came from a disaster of a tackle).

We were so dangerous on the counter attack though. Three times hitting the woodwork and one very dubious disallowed goal suggests we deserved to win it.

Excellent game though. Both teams will definitely be in the top 6 come May.

You were reading the weather thread weren't you? You have to get them refunded at least 5 hours before, so I'm sure plenty of people lost money and didn't see the game.

I know it's trendy to lay into our fans these days but tonight is one night you should just keep it shut and accept the unusual circumstances.

We won, the atmosphere was decent so you say (it sounded good from my living room :) ) I don't see why there's something to complain about. We'll be back to 22K plus in the game against Wolves I'm sure.

I wasn't taking the piss in this post. The posts in that thread were coming so thick and fast I must've missed the time deadline. That does take the piss, if you can get to the stadium to refund you ticket you're gonna get to the stadium to go to the game. Maybe the club will refund the money if enough complain given that it was pretty impossible to travel into town after 4pm

I'm not slating anyone for not going, everyone had their own reasons, probably 80% of them being legitimate (rather than 'oh i'll just watch it down the F Bar') They're the fans (if there are any) I'm slating.

The atmosphere was decent for the numbers in L and K.

Why?

Because plenty tried to get to the game and legitimately couldn't. Others like myself were left little choice because their lifts decided they couldn't/wouldn't go and others simply wouldn't have been able to get in or back due to troubles on the roads. At least 3000-4000 season ticket holders couldn't get to that game, don't think for a second that none of those people were 'bothered' because it was a bit cold. I've never missed a home game while I've been a season ticket holder because 'it would be easier to watch it on the telly' and wouldn't have missed today's game if it was at all avoidable, I'm sure there are many others in the same position.

This suggestion that we only have, what, 7000 odd loyal fans is ridiculous. Today was a case of a few fans from large distances having the time and the ability to get to the game, plenty of fans who live within walking distance of the stadium turning up, a selection of fans not bothering because of the TV and cold and a much larger proportion who were desperate to get to the game who either literally couldn't or didn't believe they could do so safely. There are plenty of reasons to criticise our fans nowadays, but this isn't one of them. You're not a better fan because you could get a lift to the ground or were within walking distance, you're just luckier than a lot of us who would have loved nothing more than to have been at the ground today as they are every other game season in season out.

If you had a genuine reason, and you're from my way, (i know how bad the traffic was) there's no need to be bothered by it!

But you're also giving off the impression to other fans watching, that our crowd was so ridiculous because people couldn't be bothered to go to the game, that simply isn't the case.

Because you are idiots, you think people wanted to chuck £20 down the drain? Grow up.

lol tetchy.

The only aspersion that I cast was that some season ticket holders in the City couldn't be bothered to walk, preferring to watch it on Sky. For me that is a likely scenario and is a sad inditement of the country's mindset. However, it wasn't even a complaint per se - I followed it up with a positive regarding the atmosphere.

Why that makes me an idiot I'm not quite sure.

If you had a genuine reason, and you're from my way, (i know how bad the traffic was) there's no need to be bothered by it!

Stuart.

We know a lot of the same people so will save you from a normal scaving I'd give most people in this instance

"If you watching this on TV you're a ****"

When the City is grid locked, when their are neutrals watching, when there are fans, who have tried to get to the game game but have failed to have rocked up in the nearest pub, is totally out of ****ing order.

At the end of the day, the chant doesn't go " If your watching this on TV but did you very best to get to the game despite the bad weather, and of course taking into how far you had to travel...you might be a ****"

But you're also giving off the impression to other fans watching, that our crowd was so ridiculous because people couldn't be bothered to go to the game, that simply isn't the case.

I think judging by the weather in general across the country today and reading Cardiff's forum in the other thread, people watching realised how bad the weather was and the reasons for the low attendance.

The 'watching on the tele' chant tonight was to me, more tongue in cheek than anything. Maybe other fans singing it meant it wholeheartedly and obviously you can't differnetiate between the two

lol tetchy.

The only aspersion that I cast was that some season ticket holders in the City couldn't be bothered to walk, preferring to watch it on Sky. For me that is a likely scenario and is a sad inditement of the country's mindset. However, it wasn't even a complaint per se - I followed it up with a positive regarding the atmosphere.

Why that makes me an idiot I'm not quite sure.

You do know that there are areas that are technically part of the city that are almost two hours away on foot, that would have meant getting back after a two hour walk at about midnight tonight. You're not a better fan than everyone else because you were able to get to the game today, because a lot of people tried bloody hard to get to it.

How far away do you live and how did you get to the game?

Archived