Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

7 minutes ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Koepka and Fowler looking good so far, Fowler holed a few key putts (despite the shorty for birdie on 2 which he missed). 

Predictably Harman is nervous and can see him falling away into the field. 

As he pours one in from distance... 

Edited by HowardsBulletHeader

All these cvnts in the crowd shouting "get in the hole!" can get in the bin.

It's annoying as fvck and I'd chuck em all out if I was in charge.

Just ruins in for the decent fans and god only knows what the players must think.

Only in America...:rolleyes: 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Just ruins in for the decent fans and god only knows what the players must think.

Stop moaning Butch.

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Stop moaning Butch.

lol

Butch is spot on though. He's been going on about these idiots for years and he's dead right.

I think he's actually embarrassed on behalf of his sport and his country - and rightly so.

And who or what the fvck is "Bababooey"?

Sounds bloody retarded - why bother shouting it out at the top of your lungs you inbreds?

Honestly, Old Tom Morris would be turning in his grave...

On 14 June 2017 at 22:27, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Backed a few as per, most of which have been mentioned in one way or another.

Rickie Fowler - Pretty much every tipster is saying this course is made for him, and bar last week's blob he is playing pretty well.

Justin Rose - Big tournament player. Mentally I think he will bounce back well from narrowly losing out on the Green Jacket.

Brooks Koepka - Played at the course back in 2011, big hitter which the course suits. When he gets hot he can burn up but always has the implosion in him.

Jason Duffner - In great form on the tour winning after nearly chucking it away 2 weeks ago. Putter is almost at the level it was at when he won the US a few years back.

Matt Kuchar - I back him in every major. Blind loyalty more than anything here. His putting is first class but may get caught out for distance.

Steve Stricker - Very selective in tournaments he plays these days. Very steady and can putt better than most. His lasting power may be his downfall over 4 rounds.

:appl:

I think this is going to be the major thy changes golf. The distances that players are hitting the ball in recent years are ruining the sport. Making par 5's over 600 yards in length and having them eagled is killing golf.

dont get me wrong, I love watching the likes of Mcllroy, Johnson and Day smashing a ball 350+ yards. But it's Taking the art out of the game. 

Jack Nichaus has been on about it for years, that the game of golf is becoming less accessible and needs bigger, longer golf courses. 

Club technology or ball all technology needs addressing to wind everything back a bit. Apparently they did it in tennis about 10 years ago as rallies were getting shorter and shorter, so they made the ball slower. And as a result viewership and participation has increased.

On 2017-6-18 at 22:19, Izzy Muzzett said:

Completely agree on this, however, it did make me laugh after someone hit a tee shot and a member of the gallery yelled out "Say hi to your mother for me" lol

Edited by tom27111

21 minutes ago, One Arm Babba said:

I think this is going to be the major thy changes golf. The distances that players are hitting the ball in recent years are ruining the sport. Making par 5's over 600 yards in length and having them eagled is killing golf.

dont get me wrong, I love watching the likes of Mcllroy, Johnson and Day smashing a ball 350+ yards. But it's Taking the art out of the game. 

Jack Nichaus has been on about it for years, that the game of golf is becoming less accessible and needs bigger, longer golf courses. 

Club technology or ball all technology needs addressing to wind everything back a bit. Apparently they did it in tennis about 10 years ago as rallies were getting shorter and shorter, so they made the ball slower. And as a result viewership and participation has increased.

Almost exactly what Iain Carter of the BBC has just said in his latest blog:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/40331735

20 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Completely agree on this, however, it did make me laugh after someone hit a tee shot and a member of the gallery yelled out "Say hi to your mother for me" lol

lol

At least that's mildly amusing and much better than "MASHED POTATOES!!" :mad:

8 hours ago, tom27111 said:

And here it is lol

Oh Dear.

As a bit of an old skool golf traditionalist snob, I find that pretty tragic :rolleyes:

But on the other hand, I'm also trying not to PMSL lol

• Like 1

Koepka was relentless on Sunday, nothing fazed him. He has quite a remarkable record in the US Open and the USPGA, he's certainly carving out an impressive return in the Majors and he has the game to win all of them.

I sadly was on Fleetwood but win only so there was no return. I could have cashed out but let it ride as he was playing some stunning golf but was quite unlucky on Sunday. The biggest upset for me was I forgot I'd had £2 e/w on Trey Mullinax at 1000/1 with Paddy Power, 8 places. He double bogeyed the 15th after getting in the places and then I checked and he birdied the last 3 and missed out on a place by a single shot. Gutted.

Would be interested to know what you (Brit) folks thought of Erin Hills.

Looked something like an Open course to the naked eye,  But played American -- guys hitting driver every other tee, staying (or getting) out of the bunkers without much trouble, and skying it into every green.  I still thought it was refreshing, something a little different.

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Would be interested to know what you (Brit) folks thought of Erin Hills.

Looked something like an Open course to the naked eye,  But played American -- guys hitting driver every other tee, staying (or getting) out of the bunkers without much trouble, and skying it into every green.  I still thought it was refreshing, something a little different.

I think Koepka summed up Erin Hills perfectly when he described it as "a links course on steroids".

But I agree with Lee Westwood who prefers traditional US Open older style courses like Shinnecock, Winged Foot, Oakmont & Congressional.

Seems like most of the players would rather it have been firmer and faster because with the greens so soft, it was more the 'target golf' we see on the PGA tour week in, week out.

Keegan Bradley said it was more like a USPGA Championship course which would be my assessment.

For me, it kinda lost the essence of a US Open where par is the winning score. What sets the US Open apart from the other majors is that it's traditionally the toughest set up and biggest challenge - but it wasn't like that this year.

I fear the US Open is losing it's identity a bit and the USPGA are caught between two stools at the moment. I thought Erin Hills was O.K. and obviously better than the disaster of Chambers Bay, but certainly it certainly wasn't my favorite venue... 

P.S. I'm playing Walton Heath tomorrow which is the qualifying venue for the US Open here, just outside of London. It's not the best course in England, but it's in the top 10. I still feel like a kid on Xmas Eve though lol

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I think Koepka summed up Erin Hills perfectly when he described it as "a links course on steroids".

But I agree with Lee Westwood who prefers traditional US Open older style courses like Shinnecock, Winged Foot, Oakmont & Congressional.

Seems like most of the players would rather it have been firmer and faster because with the greens so soft, it was more the 'target golf' we see on the PGA tour week in, week out.

Keegan Bradley said it was more like a USPGA Championship course which would be my assessment.

For me, it kinda lost the essence of a US Open where par is the winning score. What sets the US Open apart from the other majors is that it's traditionally the toughest set up and biggest challenge - but it wasn't like that this year.

I fear the US Open is losing it's identity a bit and the USPGA are caught between two stools at the moment. I thought Erin Hills was O.K. and obviously better than the disaster of Chambers Bay, but certainly it certainly wasn't my favorite venue... 

P.S. I'm playing Walton Heath tomorrow which is the qualifying venue for the US Open here, just outside of London. It's not the best course in England, but it's in the top 10. I still feel like a kid on Xmas Eve though lol

Enjoy mate! I'm playing Nefyn in North Wales next week, can't wait.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Enjoy mate! I'm playing Nefyn in North Wales next week, can't wait.

That's awesome Ric. One of my my mates played Nefyn a few weeks ago and was absolutely raving about it. Said he'd never played a course with such beautiful views and dramatic backdrop. Sounded stunning 

• Like 1

Jordan Speith is the most mentally tough player since TW I reckon.

Holing that bunker shot to win the playoff under pressure just now is taking the piss. 

He played average at best today and still got the job done. Class player and many more titles coming his way me thinks...

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 08:03, Izzy Muzzett said:

That's awesome Ric. One of my my mates played Nefyn a few weeks ago and was absolutely raving about it. Said he'd never played a course with such beautiful views and dramatic backdrop. Sounded stunning 

Genuinely in the top 3 experiences I've had playing golf. The weather was perfect and it was stunning. I cannot recommend the place enough and for only £40 a round. Shot 72 (4 over) so even better. It isn't that difficult when the wind isn't up, so I got very lucky.

• Like 1